This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    Call me crazy but i bought the set to WATCH ATLANTIS SEASON 2, not for the style choices of their setup and menus. LoL

Yeesh how finicky are fans when they complain about where the next breaks are and WHOS on the commentaries. Yeesh.
    LOL my thoughts exactly. Except the PD/GJ commentairies are annoying.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Call me crazy but i bought the set to WATCH ATLANTIS SEASON 2, not for the style choices of their setup and menus. LoL

Yeesh how finicky are fans when they complain about where the next breaks are and WHOS on the commentaries. Yeesh.
      I think most people bought the sets to watch the episodes, but the point is, when a lot of sets have certain standard features, why should Stargate sets be sub-standard in this area? Yeah, it may be finicky, but a person does start wondering what the problem is when every other set you own has the chapter breaks set correctly, and Stargate can't seem to get with the program.

And as far as commentaries, like I said, I don't usually watch commentaries, but I think what people are trying to say is that if they're going to go to the trouble to do a commentary for the episode, have commentary by people who actually know something about the episode. If I was watching commentary for an Atlantis episode, I would want to be learning more about that episode, how it came about, behind the scenes stories related to that episode, etc. That's the whole point of episode commentaries isn't it? Otherwise, save themselves the trouble and lower the set price. The aforementioned offtopic rambling would annoy me as well.

Just my opinion!
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        And as far as commentaries, like I said, I don't usually watch commentaries, but I think what people are trying to say is that if they're going to go to the trouble to do a commentary for the episode, have commentary by people who actually know something about the episode. If I was watching commentary for an Atlantis episode, I would want to be learning more about that episode, how it came about, behind the scenes stories related to that episode, etc. That's the whole point of episode commentaries isn't it? Otherwise, save themselves the trouble and lower the set price. The aforementioned offtopic rambling would annoy me as well.

Just my opinion!
        That's what I'm saying! I bought the season for the eps of course, but I really enjoyed the coms for S1. (That surprised me cause I don't usually listen to coms.) So I was fairly disappointed when S2 coms weren't up to S1 standards, in my opinion. And I think the PD/GJ coms are a waste of disc space because they rarely keep on topic. The one on S1 was bad enough, I just skipped over S2 cause I doubted they'd changed in a year. The only good one I've listed to so far was the one for Siege pt3. The Martins, David, and Joe are hilarious together.

As for the rest of the bonus features, I think the little featurettes they have this season are great. I like the profiles on the actors. And I loved watching Martin Gero try to be an actor.

My only complaint is the PD/GJ coms. I do think they are a complete waste.
        Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Good point but I'd rather listen to my mother in law for 45 min instead of them and thats a scary thought!
          ROTF, I don't know your mother in law, but I feel the same way about them, so I guess I'ld rather listen to her as well (since I don't have my own in-laws).

I'm disappointed Paul McGillion wasn't in any of the commentaries, especially Duet! That would have been HILARIOUS!

sigpic
          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

You are crazy!

Well I don't know how much you paid for your set but mine cost a heck of a lot for only 20 episodes, in fact SGA seems to be the highest priced of all the boxsets I have. So yeah sorry but I do care about the features and the extras and the ease of navigation I have of course already seen the episodes so I do want more dam it! I do want more then just the episodes.

I paid a heck of a lot of money for this! The least they can do is have David Hewlett naked in a hidden Easter egg!

Do they ever have Easter eggs on Stargate DVDs?

Oh and come on PD talking about what they said to David during "Duet" is magic! tea-bagging indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
              ROTF, I don't know your mother in law, but I feel the same way about them, so I guess I'ld rather listen to her as well (since I don't have my own in-laws).

I'm disappointed Paul McGillion wasn't in any of the commentaries, especially Duet! That would have been HILARIOUS!
              I too am disappointed Jen...but then again, you know that already. Paul and Rach were so great on the S1 coms, with Torri too! It sadness me.

And I'd love it if they'd have Easter Eggs on the DVDs...but we probably wouldn't be able to afford those DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                You are crazy!

Well I don't know how much you paid for your set but mine cost a heck of a lot for only 20 episodes, in fact SGA seems to be the highest priced of all the boxsets I have. So yeah sorry but I do care about the features and the extras and the ease of navigation I have of course already seen the episodes so I do want more dam it! I do want more then just the episodes.

I paid a heck of a lot of money for this! The least they can do is have David Hewlett naked in a hidden Easter egg!

Do they ever have Easter eggs on Stargate DVDs?

Oh and come on PD talking about what they said to David during "Duet" is magic! tea-bagging indeed.
                LoL must not be a startrek fan then, themz 120 a pop.

If moneys a problem you can rent them, or wait 20 yrs till theyre in the cheapo bin.

Comment

The way I look at it is this: They have a set budget, they either spend the more money making the episodes the way they want to, and we get very little in the way of DVD menu's/extras and so on (Average price is about £20, 000 for each DVD made). Or they spend money on fancy DVD's and less on the series.

Personally I'd rather have more money spent on the episodes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
                    That's one minute times 20 episodes!! More, if I watch the episodes more than once! That's 20 whole minutes that could be spent cleaning my toenails.
                    AMEN!

Nah, not really. I was just riled up because I have actually come to hate the sound of Deluise's voice. (Don't try to make sense of that.)
                    What is it with his voice? He starts speaking normally and inexplicably starts getting nasally. Is it a strange affectation?

Question: For those of you in the US, are you having problems with disc 5? I'm on my second set--had my first one replaced--because the disc stalls on "Michael" around 32:24 - 32:25. It's driving me up the wall because it's my favorite episode, and now that I'm aware of the problem, I'm obsessing over it. Since I'm on my second set and the problem is still there, I imagine that I might have to live with it...
                    "Ahh...I've got to escape Earth's tenacity."
                    ~Strong Bad as Space Captainface

Comment

Originally posted by butmadnnw View Post

Question: For those of you in the US, are you having problems with disc 5? I'm on my second set--had my first one replaced--because the disc stalls on "Michael" around 32:24 - 32:25. It's driving me up the wall because it's my favorite episode, and now that I'm aware of the problem, I'm obsessing over it. Since I'm on my second set and the problem is still there, I imagine that I might have to live with it...
                      I haven't gotten around to Michael yet, but when I do, if I notice it, I'll let ya know. Does it just stall, or does it quit?

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                        I haven't gotten around to Michael yet, but when I do, if I notice it, I'll let ya know. Does it just stall, or does it quit?
                        Thanks!

It stalls for about a second or two and moves on. It's just annyoing after you notice it.
                        "Ahh...I've got to escape Earth's tenacity."
                        ~Strong Bad as Space Captainface

Comment

Originally posted by butmadnnw View Post
                          Thanks!

It stalls for about a second or two and moves on. It's just annyoing after you notice it.
                          Yeah, it does get annoying...but I usually just live with it. I'll keep an eye out for it

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Just realized how amazingly difficult it is the avoid the DeLuise's (not that I'm trying to), today saw yet another new commercial with I guess the one who was Pete. Drawing a blank on his name.
                            I've seen that commerical too. He was Sam's boyfriend Pete. Though I laugh because he's with a dog and I remember when Pete bought the house and was telling Sam about a dog and she was like "dog?" So it just amusing me that the actor is in a commerical with a dog.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

i'm extremely happy with the boxset. very easy to find everything colors are nice.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

1. didn't really like the PD/GJ commentary for The Gift, so i wont be watching their s2 ones with any faith. maybe if i'm in need for a laugh.

2. skipping past the intro would be cool, but it gives me time to send a text or close my door or whatever. at least it's not as long as the Las Vegas intro.

3. i buy the dvds mostly for the special features, coz they're of pretty good quality.

4. the Martin Gero one, where he tries to be an actor: ABOSOLUTELY HILARIOUS
                                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                                "what?"
                                *throat punch*
                                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X