This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
    YES! I almost pre-ordered but figured I'ld get it day of and watch it that night and no one has it here in Nashville. NO ONE. I even made sales guys call other stores...ha!

Damn I miss DC......

Anywho, I'm ordering it off Amazon..should have done that first, I would have had it by now.
    Silly girl preorder is your friend! Anywho just to comment on the issue some have I never ever listen to PD and GJ comentairies. They are pointless and utter trash. TBH that was the only part about 200 I hated and would love them to edit that out on the dvd. Everything else on the dvd, the other comentairies, even Peter's if it's without Gary are great as well as the special features. No complaints here.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I've never listened to a PD&GJ commentary, so I've got no comment there- but I'll say that I have thouroughly enjoyed the commentaries for Seige III(and I'm glad they carried over the same group that did Seige I and II) and Duet so far. I love David Hewlett on commentaries- funny asides but still on-topic.

I don't get the whole skipping the credits thing! I love the credits! Watching a show without the credits feels kinda.....empty, if anything that's my huge complaint about Heroes, and all these other shows that no longer have opening credits. A finely crafted open credit sequence is art! There's my two cents.

Anyway, I LOVE the box art this year (except Carson looks a little too distant, but that's nit-picking), and the only thing that has annoyed me so far about this set is the main menu music- which is really nice, except for the beeping sound layed over it. Tis a bit irritating.

Comment

I'e been waiting soooo long for this set to be released... If I don't find it at Wall-Mart this weekend, I guess I'll place an order at Amazon.com ( they have great prices )

Anyway... the only thing I'll miss in the Season 2 set is an interview with Mitch Pileggi ( I understand there's no mention of him whatsoever in the bonus material )

When I get my DVD's I'll tell you more about it, but to me, audio commentaries are just like going to the movies with a friend that won't shut up: ( voice off : )"Oh, there's Rodney in danger again. If you watch closely and carefully.... yada, yada yada" . Or maybe like when your aunt explains to you each and every picture she took with her new digital camera. So, I don't care very much one way or the other about this feature.

Of course, I like bloopers and deleted scenes and all that stuff, but to me, the episodes per se make for the price of the set.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
          I'e been waiting soooo long for this set to be released... If I don't find it at Wall-Mart this weekend, I guess I'll place an order at Amazon.com ( they have great prices )

Anyway... the only thing I'll miss in the Season 2 set is an interview with Mitch Pileggi ( I understand there's no mention of him whatsoever in the bonus material )

When I get my DVD's I'll tell you more about it, but to me, audio commentaries are just like going to the movies with a friend that won't shut up: ( voice off : )"Oh, there's Rodney in danger again. If you watch closely and carefully.... yada, yada yada" . Or maybe like when your aunt explains to you each and every picture she took with her new digital camera. So, I don't care very much one way or the other about this feature.

Of course, I like bloopers and deleted scenes and all that stuff, but to me, the episodes per se make for the price of the set.
          Ooh, good point- would have LOVED something with Mitch Pileggi!
          Watched part of the "Runner" commentary today, and found it highly enjoyable- and quite informative.

Comment

I want those DVD's RIGH NOW !!!

Comment

whats the probelm just sit back and enjoy the show
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Ooh, good point- would have LOVED something with Mitch Pileggi!
                Watched part of the "Runner" commentary today, and found it highly enjoyable- and quite informative.
                Just don't watch the PD/GJ commentary.

Comment

Eh, I would rather have a good laugh than nothing else, and GJ/PJ works for me. Not every commentary have to be an encyclopedia on the current episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    I understand your frustration, but as I've said before, it's only 60 seconds. Is it really that bad for you to listen to a minute of theme music?
                    Yes. Yes it is. *nod*

Not everyone has a DVR.
                    No, they don't. I didn't until recently actually.

The commentary complaint is valid. The inability to skip a 60-second sequence is not (in my opinion). It's one minute for crying out loud!
                    That's one minute times 20 episodes!! More, if I watch the episodes more than once! That's 20 whole minutes that could be spent cleaning my toenails.

Please, don't make false accusations. I did not engage in name calling. I specifically said, "No offense man, but you sound very spoiled."
                    That's right. You called me man. I am extremely offended by that.

It was not my intent to be condescending. I appologize if I made you feel bad.
                    Nah, not really. I was just riled up because I have actually come to hate the sound of Deluise's voice. (Don't try to make sense of that.)

I don't think it's a detriment, I just think it doesn't matter one way or the other. I always watch the credits, but if I were in your shoes and couldn't skip the credits, I would just shrug my shoulders and let them play while I play with my cat.
                    Well send your cat on over, and I'll play with it.

That is why you started the thread... so people could respond... right?
                    No! I posted it so everybody would agree with everything that I say. That is how my world works.

Never seeing the episode title and post credit credits should have tipped you off.
                    Not when I was trying to skip them.

Glad you don't take me too seriously. I am rather spoiled. But I love a good argument.

Still, I hope they do the skip credits thing on season 3.

Cheers!
                    Em
                    Emerald
                    ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                    I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Eh, I would rather have a good laugh than nothing else, and GJ/PJ works for me. Not every commentary have to be an encyclopedia on the current episode.
                      Good point but I'd rather listen to my mother in law for 45 min instead of them and thats a scary thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Just don't watch the PD/GJ commentary.
                        I skipped that one- though I'll probably go back to it at some point, I loved "Intruder". Though I suppose if it were required that would be a good ep for a goofy commentary.

Just realized how amazingly difficult it is the avoid the DeLuise's (not that I'm trying to), today saw yet another new commercial with I guess the one who was Pete. Drawing a blank on his name.

Comment

yes, it does.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            I skipped that one- though I'll probably go back to it at some point, I loved "Intruder". Though I suppose if it were required that would be a good ep for a goofy commentary.

Just realized how amazingly difficult it is the avoid the DeLuise's (not that I'm trying to), today saw yet another new commercial with I guess the one who was Pete. Drawing a blank on his name.
                            David I think.

Comment

I don't watch commentaries, so can't comment on that. I have to agree with you, Emerald01, on the chapter mark issue. I can understand why some people might feel it's a small issue, but when chapter marks right after the credits are standard on almost every DVD set you watch, it's a little annoying to put in a Stargate set, automatically hit your Next button when you get to the credits, and then realize you overshot. It's been that way on every Stargate SG1 set so far though. Gord Lacey over at tvshowsondvd.com has been complaining about the lack of that feature in his reviews of the sets (2-8) all along, along with the lack of a Play All feature, which they did start including with Season 9.

On the other hand, the Atlantis Season 1 set did have the chapter marks (I just checked to make sure), so it's disappointing that they've gone backwards on that. Hopefully the season three sets will be better.

I have to say though, I'm one who's not a fan of the long credits. They're cool looking, sure, but I watch them once or twice and then fast-forward through the rest of the time. I wouldn't be that upset if they went to a two-second credit, like Heroes does, as long as we were assured we'd get more story for the trade off instead of more commercials. But I realize I'm in the minority on that. That's ok.
                              Last edited by Killdeer; 10 March 2007, 11:24 PM.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
                                1. What happened to being able to hit "next" to skip the credits and go to the beginning of the main episode segment? That was a nice feature. Please go back to doing it that way for the season 3 dvds.

2. Please stop having Peter Deluise and Gary Jones do commentaries. They are not labeled, so I have no forewarning and suddenly I find I've wasted my time working my way into a commentary that ends up focusing mainly on SG1 and/or sex. I'd rather you put the time/energy/resources into something more interesting like better cast interviews, blooper reels, deleted scenes, a frog chewing its toenails, etc.

Those are the two main things. I'm only on the 5th ep of the second season and have just become irritated enough to turn on the computer and type this when I realized I was missing entire segments of episodes by clicking next. You guys did it right on the first set. Click Next, it just skips the titles. WHY is that such a hard thing to get? (This annoys me on the Lost DVDs, but at least their opening titles are all of 2 seconds.)

I love this show, but honestly, I am NOT happy with the purchase so far. Except for the Martin, David, Martin Commentaries, of course. Oh, and the one where Deluise actually was *involved* with the episode and talking to someone else *involved* with the show was okay.

And what *is* wrong with the PD/GJ commentary, anyway? It sounds like it's been heavily edited. Or like they had to block out some of what Peter said? Please tell me that he didn't have to be "bleeped" on a commentary.

I can't even be bothered to look at the special features at this point. I'm so utterly aggravated with these DVDs. All I ask is that you PLEASE fix this on the season 3 DVDs. I bought season 2, expecting the same general quality as season 1. I am disappointed. I hope season 3 rises to the bar set by season 1.

I love you guys. I do. Just please think a little when you're throwing the season 3 discs together?

Thank you kindly,
                                Emerald
                                Call me crazy but i bought the set to WATCH ATLANTIS SEASON 2, not for the style choices of their setup and menus. LoL

Yeesh how finicky are fans when they complain about where the next breaks are and WHOS on the commentaries. Yeesh.
                                Last edited by kymeric; 11 March 2007, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X