Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the PETA group consists of idiots that think animal lives are equal to human lives.
    In other words, no eating meat, no testing, no pets, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279
      Off topic? It wasn't that off topic it involved the Wraith.

Plus did you ever think that by ending the argument I might get this thread back on track. Plus I like correcting people that I know are wrong.

It gives me that superior arrogant feeling that I like. Oooowwww I feel so big headed!
      From post 181:
      It was clearly demonstrated by that wraith warriors willingness to destroy himself rather than be caughted.
      Caught.

Hmmm. Yes. T'is a nice feeling.

Comment

Back on topic.

If the wraith were unable to feed off of other beings for lack of soul, or whatever, then what did they feed on before the Ancients came to the Pegasus galaxy to seed planets there?

Maybe the pegasus galaxy has it's own version of Unas, the first ones to be herded and consumed by the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry The Chevron Guy
          Back on topic.

If the wraith were unable to feed off of other beings for lack of soul, or whatever, then what did they feed on before the Ancients came to the Pegasus galaxy to seed planets there?
          That's what I'd like to know. And what happened to them? I can't imagine they were completely wiped out or the Wraith would all have been dead of starvation before the Ancients came to Pegasus.

Comment

Well, there has to be some other higher being out there that the Wraith ate for lunch every 200 years. Humans were only there 10,000 years ago, and the Wraith were already a large force in the Pegasus, and obviously advanced enough to have motherships already.

I personally think it's Furlings that were the first Wraith snack of choice. Checking what little info we have on them, we know that something happened that caused the Furlings to want to go into hiding (Paradise Lost), and we know they were't from OUR galaxy or the Asgards Aida galaxy. They might have been from Pegasus galaxy for all we know, and the Wraith drove them into hiding?

Makes sense, right?

Comment

Whats "PETA alert"?
              I can't recall the acronym's exact words, but Drewbert has the gist of it. It's an Animal's Rights group. The alert was just a joke about some of them being members here also.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

PETA- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Ever heard of the Greenpeace warriors who go out and wage literal war against those who have committed "crimes against nature"? PETA has the same kinds of radicals. Only more animal oriented.

Comment

Funny. Aren't Humans Animals?

If a Vegitarian eats Vegitables, what does a Humanitarian eat?

And does that make the Wriath Humanitarians?

Comment

Funny. Aren't Humans Animals?
                    Yeah, but that's what Amnesty International is for. I don't think I've heard of any rabid offshoots of AI running around attacking/killing people to protect other people.

Back on topic, however, the finger armor thing is really starting to bug me. I want to know what purpose it serves because I can't accept that it's "just a decoration".

I've used it in a fic and had it be a means of injecting a paralyzing agent/toxin into a victim, but I'm not confident that's the right answer...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Back on topic, however, the finger armor thing is really starting to bug me. I want to know what purpose it serves because I can't accept that it's "just a decoration".
                      It's to protect their hands.

If they lose their hands, they have no way of eating.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I've used it in a fic and had it be a means of injecting a paralyzing agent/toxin into a victim, but I'm not confident that's the right answer...
                        For what it's worth, I think you have struck on the only logical, practical use for it. Other than decoration

Comment

That's as good as anything I've herd so far.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

From post 181:

Caught.

Hmmm. Yes. T'is a nice feeling.
                            Catched guess we were both wrong

Comment

That's actually a pretty brilliant point, I wish I had thought it of.

Comment

As uninteresting as this is....

Back on topic....

Item 9 - The Empty Galaxy (Spoilers Beware)

The Wraith obviously use to live in a galaxy full of intelligent life. This was also around 5-10+ million years ago, possibly a lot longer. The evidence of past life was completely wiped out by the Wraiths feeding. At which point the Wraith went into a VERY long sleep. This sleep lasted over 5 million years, it is obvious that the Wraith were a sleep for this long since the Ancients didn't decide them until after they had seeded the worlds with Humans. This places the age of awakening around 10,000+ years ago. Basically the Wraith were accidently awaken bythe Ancients who possibly discovered a buried hive shiip and entered it sensing low power readings. Upon entering they tripped a auto waken system they woke a few wraith up and were catch. After the Ancients minds were probed, the Wraith realised that some foolish race had repopulated the galaxy with life again, and so they decided to wake the rest up and go snacking.

At the point a single hive ship started the harvesting round and the Ancients were forced to take action. At first the single hive ship wasn't a problem. But then a second hive ship appeared, then a third, and a forth... So on so forth. This is what the Ancients mention when they said at first they were overconfident, then they were over-run. The Wraith slowly woke up one by one till the entire race was a wake and outnumbering the Ancients ability to counter.

The lack of life is probably due to over feeding. The wraith probably didn't realise that they were killing everything off. After all, we humans are doing it and play ignorate. Why couldn't the Wraith? After they pushed the Ancients out of Pegasus the Wraith realised that if they continued the way they were they would eventually wipe out the Humans as well. So they decided to initiate a cycle of sleep / feeding. The cycles were determined by the rate of Human re-population. The 200 year figure comes from how long it takes to re-populate the number of humans that are taken during the culling. It has sod all to do with their biology. After all if every 200 years your entire civilization went to sleep, that would leave you open to annihilation. The sleep is just a means to manage their feeding patterns.

I also read somewhere from an interview of Dr. Weir (Higginson) that the Wraith wipe out 95% of all humans during each culling cycle. So it is safe to assume that is a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                                X