Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Zats or Staff Weapons in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we should have them in atlantis,finally get rid of the wraith, you knwo like in the early seasons of sg1, 1 shot stunned, 2 killed and three vapourised, we could just vapourise the wraith. That isnt going to happen because its too easy but it would be cool

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I doubt there is anyone else who advocates the use of the Zatnikitel in Atlantisstronger than me. If the writers or someone said they wouldn't affect Wraith, they just shot themselves in the foot (with a Zatnikitel ) with Midway.
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

They have been shot twice by Shepherd:

1. the dude who was going to see Laundry
        2. Sergent Syler working on the jumper

So... Shepherd should still have it (to my knowledge)
        Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

yes why dont they have it, they are effective proven by the last ep of alantis...
          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
          Anime signature in spoiler tag
          Spoiler:
          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

They used zatts in Midway but that was because teal'c took it off the dead airman in the hall.

But other then that nope they only use good old wraith tech.

they work better when comes to putting foes down good and cold.

Comment

I was about to say that to have more zats they'd have to be able to make more of them in the 1st place, and that reverse-engineering such an advanced weapon is surely way beyond earth science......when I remembered those handy asgard matter replicators

yup, no excuse this time. they should be producing zats by the hundreds

unless...

unless those matter replicators can only duplicate "elementary" stuff...

Comment

the matter converter was seen to make the first replicator disruptor. don't think that's "elementary." they just won't let us make too many things with them yet.

as far as to the effectiveness of zats. they are good, but they were an SG1 thing. so they haven't imported those over to SGA. captured wraith stunners do the job nicely. in addition the whole 1 shot stun, 2 shot kill, 3 shot disintegrate thing hasn't been done in a long time. apparently they decided that was too much and depowered them or something.
                That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

actually the "3-shot & disintegrate" thing was officially retconned by the writers themselves

Comment

there are no zats in atlantis because they are an sg1 thing. Although i would like to see a wraith getting shot with a staff weapon i'll probably never see it happen. =[

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

probaly so that to keep atlantis on its on show not bringin in sg-1 thats why they use wraith stunners on atlantis and when in the sgc zats are used since sg-1 is shown to have them as standard

that and it tells the viewers if they just tuned in on the telly where they might be zats there on earth, wraith stunners they are in atlantis side of things
                      sigpic

Comment

I think they ought to make a whole bunch of copies of Ronons gun. Then it could be an Atlantis thing. His gun is just as good as a zat. I would rather have it then a zat. IMO.
                        What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

*minor S5 spoilers*
                          You guys know the new person coming over (not detailing cause of spoilers)? If they are from the MW, why couldn't their team have Zatnikitels? More as a one-off or a special thing using P-90's as standard.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

i dont think that zats are not as effective as the wraith stun weapons because the zat can kill and i dont think that the wraith stun weapons can kill

Comment

Originally posted by sajukar View Post
                              i dont think that the wraith stun weapons can kill
                              I would'nt be to sure i recon if you shot someone enough times with it they would die. Don't get me wrong it would be easier with a zat but it would probably be possible with a wraith stunner as well.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                                I would'nt be to sure i recon if you shot someone enough times with it they would die. Don't get me wrong it would be easier with a zat but it would probably be possible with a wraith stunner as well.
                                or u could just beat them to death with it

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X