Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reason why alterans are "dumb" (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reason why alterans are "dumb" (Spoilers)

for on i don't think they are. but after aurora people think the alterans are dumb. however it was us (earth) who put them up there as the OWNrS or the UNIVERSE. when they really aren't

am i right dudes and dudettes (if any)?
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

They aren't the Amazing, fantastic, answer to everything race that were made out to be in the early seasons of SG-1. I'm guessing the only reason for that is that they are being actively introduced into the show, and the powers/sets/technology they have are just too expensive to be incorporated into the show, and actually managing to talk to one for any decent period of time would solve almost all our problems.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

IF the Ancients were as powerful as tptb had intended for them to be then there would be no way that SG1/SGA could beat the Wraith or the Ori
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
        for on i don't think they are. but after aurora people think the alterans are dumb. however it was us (earth) who put them up there as the OWNrS or the UNIVERSE. when they really aren't

am i right dudes and dudettes (if any)?
        You're getting you're alien races mixed up. Alteran's and ancients are not the same race.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          You're getting you're alien races mixed up. Alteran's and ancients are not the same race.
          Yes they are.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
            Yes they are.
            Yes they are mixed up, or yes they are correct?

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

The Alterans are the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                The Alterans are the Ancients.
                Indeed.

Comment

alterans don't include ascended beings. i mean alterans as the "GATE BUILDERS". not the ones who ascended.

Comment

ps why was this thread moved to season2 sga? this belongs in general discussion. as alterans are universal to SG1 and SGA. please move it back

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                      alterans don't include ascended beings. i mean alterans as the "GATE BUILDERS". not the ones who ascended.
                      The Ori seem to consider the ascended Ancients as their old enemy, the Alterans.

Ancients seems to be what the Alterans became know as to the races that came along later in the Milky Way. In Pegasus, they're known as the Ancestors, or the Lanteans. To twist the old saying, "an Alteran by any other name is still an Alteran".

a time to mourn

Comment

ok i'll try this again. before aurora "we" thought of the ancients (now alterans) as the UBER race of the MW. perfect in everyway and knowledge uncontested by any other race ever. but then in aurora we saw their real selves (albeit simmed but still), now they're dumb. WE made them out to be UBER. remember that

Comment

Just because you are Assended doesnt meen your an Ancient
                          Assendents are different to Ancients and Alterans, which are the same thing.
                          Hola

Hello

Comment

yes i mentioned that. i'm talking bout preascended ALTERANS from AURORA!!!!!!

Comment

I agree thats something that bothers me everytime i watch atlantis. sg1 doesn't have that problem that much. But in atlantis they are potrayed to be no different to us despite building up their race over 8 full years to be represented as highly advanced and superior to us.

Comment

Working...
                              X