• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy:

/http://www.sendspace.com/file/zvgw52
    /http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3JJ23CNHRKHQV09U3BQR7QAQ76
    /http://z24.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=113
    /http://rapidshare.de/files/8770311/Rachel_Luttrell_-_Beyond_the_Night.mp3.html
    /http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=9de86aad0f1b9f55e6442a4022eeb0b8

Copy/paste 1 link and remove the /
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

It's a gorgeous song and Rachel has a beautiful voice.

I do think the dubbing was bad, and I think it would have benefitted from less orchestration. Maybe a guitar or harp in the background or even acapello.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        It's a gorgeous song and Rachel has a beautiful voice.

I do think the dubbing was bad, and I think it would have benefitted from less orchestration. Maybe a guitar or harp in the background or even acapello.
        Agreed. I didn't think it was tacky in the slightest. It overlapped the main plot beautifully, but it would have been even better a cappella.

Comment

i usually lurk here, but thought i'd log in an say thank you. i've been looking for this song for more than half an hour.

she has a loverly voice, and the song is beautiful as well, very celtic. could have done with a little less orchestra in the background, but still very beautiful.

thanx again.
          "Once you blow up a sun and everybody expects you to walk on water!"- Sam Carter ("Reckoning Part 2")

Comment

I agree with what some of the others have said: Rachel has a great voice, but geez, waaaay over produced, badly dubbed and as a result: tacky as hell.

It would have been much better if they had gone for a more raw, live sound - just a string instrument and a drum or something equally basic.

I cringed at that part, but aside from that it was a really good episode.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
            ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Maybe Rachel couldn't pull off the a cappella singing and needed to have her voice doctored in the studio. Wouldn't be the first time studio magicians were able to make an ordinary voice sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
                  Spoiler:
                  In 'Critical Mass' Teyla's close friend is dying. For her "funeral" Ritual
                  Teyla sings a song.

It made me cry
                  Rachel Luttrell is a very talented singer
                  that's putting it mildly! You know, God really knew what He was doing when He made Rachel Luttrel—she’s like perfect and great in everything, and everything about her. She’s gorgeous in every way, there’s not a thing about her that isn’t amazing. And OH. MY. GOSH. can she SING or can she sing? I mean seriously, it was enough to make me feel really pathetic, like I should give up and never try to sing again; I can’t believe I ever even thought I was any good at all! I should just give up and die. Never even bother to try—what’s the point?? I’ll never ever in a thousand years be able to sing even half as good as she can. What a voice she’s got—absolutely stunning. She should seriously make CDs—I would buy them ALL. When I first heard her singing—well, my mouth was just hanging open throughout the whole song, I couldn’t stop saying ‘Oh my gosh’ I was stunned, shell-shocked—I’m still in shock, in fact. I think I will be perpetually. Goodness gracious, I can’t believe how great she is—she only gets better, which after a while you’d think wouldn’t be possible—apparently it is, though. I could never be half as good as she is, or anywhere near that pretty—she’s very humbling to watch. I feel ashamed... I’m so addicted to the finale of ‘Critical Mass’—in otherwords, Teyla singing in that stunning dress! (Can I have a dress like that, too?) The climax was amazing, I have never seen anything like it before—with Teyla singing in the crucial time, while all the desperation was happening, and the words of her song applied to what was happening....the music going on the whole time—I mean, really it was just really...so...WOW. So incredibly WOW. I rewatched that singing scene over and over. I think she should sing in every episode, as much as I think that would totally overload my brain with Teyla Greatness X-Treme! I want more of it—it’s addictive. She is so totally awesome in every possible way, and in ways you didn’t even know anyone could be awesome in. She’s probably my favourite charcter on the show right now. And that was the best Teyla story so far, which is funny because she was just the secondary story-line. I love Teyla/Rachel forever—she’s my hero and my idol. Long Live Teyla & Rachel! So proud to be a member of T.E.Y.L.A

Because I don't have the heart to take the link down.

Comment

Rules of Posting 101

1. Know proper grammar.

2. Know how to break sentences into paragraphs.

3. Remember - its only a TV show.

4. Do not smoke crack while posting.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by IrisAnedi
                      So proud to be a member of T.E.Y.L.A
                      Then you're probably looking for the THUNK thread.

It's not this one.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                      ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        Rules of Posting 101

1. Know proper grammar.

5. If one really must use sockies, they should make them less obvious.

Comment

I just love her voice
                          sigpic
                          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by IrisAnedi
                            that's putting it mildly! You know, God really knew what He was doing when He made Rachel Luttrel—she’s like perfect and great in everything, and everything about her. She’s gorgeous in every way, there’s not a thing about her that isn’t amazing. And OH. MY. GOSH. can she SING or can she sing? I mean seriously, it was enough to make me feel really pathetic, like I should give up and never try to sing again; I can’t believe I ever even thought I was any good at all! I should just give up and die. Never even bother to try—what’s the point?? I’ll never ever in a thousand years be able to sing even half as good as she can. What a voice she’s got—absolutely stunning. She should seriously make CDs—I would buy them ALL. When I first heard her singing—well, my mouth was just hanging open throughout the whole song, I couldn’t stop saying ‘Oh my gosh’ I was stunned, shell-shocked—I’m still in shock, in fact. I think I will be perpetually. Goodness gracious, I can’t believe how great she is—she only gets better, which after a while you’d think wouldn’t be possible—apparently it is, though. I could never be half as good as she is, or anywhere near that pretty—she’s very humbling to watch. I feel ashamed... I’m so addicted to the finale of ‘Critical Mass’—in otherwords, Teyla singing in that stunning dress! (Can I have a dress like that, too?) The climax was amazing, I have never seen anything like it before—with Teyla singing in the crucial time, while all the desperation was happening, and the words of her song applied to what was happening....the music going on the whole time—I mean, really it was just really...so...WOW. So incredibly WOW. I rewatched that singing scene over and over. I think she should sing in every episode, as much as I think that would totally overload my brain with Teyla Greatness X-Treme! I want more of it—it’s addictive. She is so totally awesome in every possible way, and in ways you didn’t even know anyone could be awesome in. She’s probably my favourite charcter on the show right now. And that was the best Teyla story so far, which is funny because she was just the secondary story-line. I love Teyla/Rachel forever—she’s my hero and my idol. Long Live Teyla & Rachel! So proud to be a member of T.E.Y.L.A

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              Rules of Posting 101

1. Know proper grammar.

OMG! You kill me, FP! I'm laughing so much my cat's looking at me like I'm insane.

Haven't heard the song, btw, but I'm not a huge fan of actors singing on TV shows.... I know some love it, but it's just not something I like. It's kind of like making a TV show into a showcase for something else.

Comment

Best music to come out of Stargate in quite sometime, and that doesn't mean I think regular gate music is bad either (ex. end of FH). It's just that this song was like...well, so much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X