Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you bring? (Hide and Seek spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Bible!!

If you knew what the stargate team knew then you would know there is no GOD!!

Me I would take a big bag of ****, and some Rizla

Comment

Yeah, it's only Atlantis. Eating a cat? Poor little thing!
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
        Um, they're going to Atlantis, not Melmac.
        ROFL! Good point, Alf!
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
          My Mac(iBook) and iPod!!! and figure out a way to interface them with Ancient Technology... everyone else on Atlantis has stupid Dell laptops... YUCK! at least from the looks of it they're NOT running windows... YAY!
          It is very likely that they infact are running Windows, but with some Macromedia software generating what is displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
            My Mac(iBook) and iPod!!! and figure out a way to interface them with Ancient Technology... everyone else on Atlantis has stupid Dell laptops... YUCK! at least from the looks of it they're NOT running windows... YAY!
            I would - not taking it myself - try to convince them to get an IBM pSeries 690 with a SGI Onyx4 and take it to Atlantis, rather than any Dell or Apple notebooks:
            http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...hend/p690.html
            http://www.sgi.com/visualization/onyx4/

Comment

Originally posted by David85
              I like the way you think until you can't power it anymore.

I would bring my cat, I don't care if the others think it's a waste of food.

Why is that a waste of food? If anything that should help out the food situation.... OHHHH!! You meant as a pet?! I thought you were bringing it to cook and eat. My mistake.

I'd bring my Dell laptop or desktop computer if I could power that one instead. In either case, dual-boot OSes, one Windows the other Linux. The Windows boot wwould be for all of the games and movies. The Linux boot would be for reliability (no BSoD) and programing to interface with the Ancient technology. I'd rather bring the desktop with the couple hundred gigabytes of info I could store any texts, movies, music, and games I want.

Comment

I'd have to bring a PowerBook with the iPod connection dock. Couldn't last without it! lol
                __

__

Comment

I just had another idea, hows about bringing a car? could you imagine driving around altlantis in a car? that would be so cool! and you can stuff anything you want in the back so you could bring all the stuff you can fit in it!

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Comment

lol That would be very useful
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by DAL SHAKKA MEL
                      I just had another idea, hows about bringing a car? could you imagine driving around altlantis in a car? that would be so cool! and you can stuff anything you want in the back so you could bring all the stuff you can fit in it!
                      Oh yeah...internal combustion exhaust in enclosed spaces! Yummmm!

Go-carts, maybe.
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

First I thought about bringing my Swiss Army Knife, which I would, but it's a tool so it doesn't count.
                        The same goes for a laptop.
                        I don't have one, but I'd let the Goverment pay the bill.
                        I'd secretly stuff as much digital pictures of my family as possible into it.

My new personal item would be a book:

The Island of Dr. Moreau. By H.G. Wells.
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I would bring a deck of cards. It's endless entertainment and plus I could win other stuff I need by beating the stuffing out of others during poker games.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                            food is not a personal item.
                            Maybe regular food. I mean like crazy candy! Nerdz Rope and gummy stuff and chocolate and all that good sweet sugar stuff! A whole garbagebag full of it! One personal item! Cant ever have enough candy. Specially if you dont know you will ever get back!

Not to mention the ability of candy being an asset. I bet tons of people there would trade for some M&Ms.
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

'Kay, if there was a way to power it for recharging (otherwise it would make a good skipping stone once), I'd bring along my Zodiac . Then I'd have my scriptures, photos of family, music, videos, video games, and ebooks with me! I always have it with me now, so it would probably go with me, and it doesn't take up much space, if that's why they had the restriction on items. Could I also carry my Fisher Millennium spacepen, Leatherman Micra, Photon MicroLight, and ChapStick in my pocket?

I probably wouldn't need my wallet with my driver's license, debit card and money, huh?

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                                While music is very important to me, between an iPod and a laptop, I would be able to download more than enough from Project Gutenberg to keep me busy on the literature side of things.
                                Yes, but do you suppose there are peer-reviewed journals in Atlantis? And I feel like my articles are worthless now, just imagine in another galaxy... We'd have to start working on a discourse community ASAP. (Little academic humor for ya there, AnthroGirl... )

I'd take my double bass--we'd be covered for a chamber orchestra, or a jazz combo at least.

Granted, it's a bit bulky, but this is imaginary, right? So if they say it's too big I'll take a "Tom-and-Jerry" style inflatable one ("is you is, or is you ain't my baby?")
                                "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                                "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                                "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
                                --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Working...
                                X