Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I truly enjoyed the opening, but I thought that there were too many scenes from "Rising" in it. Maybe that will change later in the season, but that sorta bugged me a little.
    Rocky

Comment

I didn’t like it all that much. I didn’t like the fading in and out in the beginning, but maybe they didn’t want to spoil the future shows so it will get better?

Comment

I like the music, a lot. It's a great theme. Strangely, the title Stargate Atlantis does not appear until the end of the cast listing, which I'm not sure is as effective as in the beginning.

BTW, this is not Jerry Goldsmith's last work. According to IMDB, his last work may be themes in The Game of Their Lives or Picasso at the Lapin Agile later this year. The composer for the Atlantis theme, as well as the Stargate: SG-1 music, is Joel Goldsmith, Jerry's son.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

They change the opening almost every season anyway.

At least when someone dies, or someone enters the show

[edit]
          I just took a look at that capture that was posted above.
          That's only the opeining of "Rising" and by no means the real opening for the show.

Wait till you see the first "real" episode (after the pilot) - I have to wait one or two days till I do, but most of you will already have seen it by now.
          [/edit]
          Last edited by Hellcat; 24 July 2004, 04:43 AM.

Comment

On SciFi it seems thet change the titles whenever they want. So we might see another one mid-season or something.

I hope they change the font!
            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
              On SciFi it seems thet change the titles whenever they want. So we might see another one mid-season or something.

I hope they change the font!
              On the DVDs they always use the "real" opening.
              (They like to take just another opening for airing on TV here - one of the many reasons I do not watch TV anymore).

So, hopefully the DVDs are hitting the shelves soon

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                I like the music, it fits with the feel of Atlantis.
                Yeah, too well--it reminded me of the music for Atlantis: The Lost Empire, especially now that it's got the choral stuff added in. The other incidental music is fine; it's just the main theme. If SG-1 is any indication, though, said main theme will be used less and less over time, making me happier and happier over time.
                Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
                "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

After watching the opening sequence I really do like it. Just finished watching Rising. Great ep!
                  __

__

Comment

Oh, well. I surrender. For some strange reason, the Atlantis theme and opening has suddenly grown on me very quickly. Now I can't watch it enough. Yes, I'm hopelessly addicted - for now, anyway. And I don't mind the font - it looks the same as SG-1 and the Atlantis logo to me. The pictures can still be improved, but that will take a couple seasons anyway. And I think my original idea is actually being used as the closing credits! So maybe you'll all see what I was talking about if they release a soundtrack! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go watch that Atlantis opening again...
                    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
                      Oh, well. I surrender. For some strange reason, the Atlantis theme and opening has suddenly grown on me very quickly. Now I can't watch it enough. Yes, I'm hopelessly addicted - for now, anyway. And I don't mind the font - it looks the same as SG-1 and the Atlantis logo to me. The pictures can still be improved, but that will take a couple seasons anyway. And I think my original idea is actually being used as the closing credits! So maybe you'll all see what I was talking about if they release a soundtrack! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go watch that Atlantis opening again...
                      Hah! Another one bites the dust... Resistance is futile.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

And I think my original idea is actually being used as the closing credits! So maybe you'll all see what I was talking about if they release a soundtrack!
                        Actually, the closing credits just use a shorter version of the opening credits theme. Sorry to dissappoint you...
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Actually, the closing credits just use a shorter version of the opening credits theme. Sorry to dissappoint you...
                          They dont have a theme for the credits? That sucks! They should make one.
                          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                            Are you sure? From what I've heard of it, it's definitely similar, but I don't think it's exactly the same. It seems more fast-paced and exciting (like I heard in the trailers), almost the opposite of how the SG-1 opening theme and closing theme compared. I'll need to hear the whole thing when they release it on DVD to be sure, though...
                            There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

No complaints from me
                              efficiency is nothing more than intelligent laziness

Comment

Are you sure? From what I've heard of it, it's definitely similar, but I don't think it's exactly the same.
                                I'm positive. It's not exactly the same, it's much shorter (only 26 seconds, I think) and the ending is completely different but it's the same theme and it's orchestrated pretty much the same way.
                                I'll need to hear the whole thing when they release it on DVD to be sure, though...
                                I've already heard the whole thing... Someone on the sg1 usenet group posted a link to a downloadable audio file for it. I believe the source for it was a Canadian airing of Atlantis. Guess they don't screw with the credits there are as much as Sci Fi or any of the US networks do...
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X