Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That clip is OK, but SG-1's opening theme sure beats it. I still think (hope, actually) that that clip was just for the Atlantis premeire. Someone who taped Rising, please watch that short preview and tell me that you at least know what I'm talking about. I think if that tune is more complete, it would destroy this one AND SG-1's. I really hope they use it. 4 HOURS!!!!
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

the opening sequence in 'rising' was too mellow, it didnt give me a spine tingling sensation that i would get when i heard the SG-1 theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Damnit
        the opening sequence in 'rising' was too mellow, it didnt give me a spine tingling sensation that i would get when i heard the SG-1 theme.
        Yes. I think it was just the theme song for Rising (like the original movie had it's own theme song).
        We'll see if my original guess was right in 1 HOUR!!!!
        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
          It was definitely better than that. If that's what they use, I might never watch Atlantis again...
          I liked that tune!!
          sigpic

Comment

Yea, well, so much for my idea. That opening was OK, but I do think it could have been better. It definitely didn't make me feel like watching it 10 times in a row like with SG-1's opening. Oh, well... <sigh> Maybe it will get better over the next few seasons.

Comment

It was pleasant... it seemed really smooth, and elegant.

Comment

yea they added some angelic "ahhh ahhhs" to make it more "celestrial". Not bad would have loved a shot of Atlantis soaring through space fully charged.

Comment

Same basic tune, but more exciting.
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, I was wrong. Anyways. I loved the music! I thought it was great!

I think the font needs work though. I dunno but it just seemed out of place, dont ya think? You know the fonts of the peoples names. It didnt seem right for some reason.
                    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Complain, complain, complain....It was the best darn theme I've ever heard, bravo to you the Powers that Be in vancouver, and thank you Jerry Goldsmith for one last beautiful and forever memorable expression of the greatest of humanities heart, you deserve to rest in peace! Thank you!

Comment

Wow, didn't know this was Goldsmith's last major composition (or one of them, I suspect). Anyway, even without knowing that, I rather liked the new theme. It's not as energetic as the Stargate theme, but it's more majestic and grand... It also sounds like something that was distilled from a movie theme, which is a neat effect considering that there was no silver-screen version of Atlantis to draw from.

Comment

Yeah, not too bad. More presence than the "Rising" version. Gregorian-ish chanting = always good.

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
                            Wow, didn't know this was Goldsmith's last major composition (or one of them, I suspect). Anyway, even without knowing that, I rather liked the new theme. It's not as energetic as the Stargate theme, but it's more majestic and grand... It also sounds like something that was distilled from a movie theme, which is a neat effect considering that there was no silver-screen version of Atlantis to draw from.
                            Yes, and I liked the Rising theme for that episode, becuase it was mysterious. But now that we're on Atlantis, I like the more magestic theme.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
                              It's not as energetic as the Stargate theme, but it's more majestic and grand... It also sounds like something that was distilled from a movie theme, which is a neat effect considering that there was no silver-screen version of Atlantis to draw from.
                              See, that's exactly what I was really hoping for: the energetic/epic style. The vocals in the backround makes it feels more epic, but I would have still liked it faster. (It was really good anyway.)

But seriously, if anyone taped the pemiere showing of Rising, go back and listen to (1) the music in the promo just before the show started, and also to (2) the backround music when it faded to the Sci-Fi voice mentioning one of the shows sponsors. Both samples have the same musical theme in the backround (complete with the chanting vocals), and I still think that it would have been perfect. Maybe it was just the same song played faster, but I like it alot more anyway.

Comment

I like the music, it fits with the feel of Atlantis. SG-1 type music would seem out of place in my opinion, I think its just right.
                                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                                X