Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're still not sure if Earth is the planet where Ancients evolved. And since SG-1 is an ongoing series, if the writers wanted they could elaborate it further. The episode could be about the home planet of the Ancients, the daily lives of the Ancients!

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

I don't think the Ancients built Atlantis just for humans, much less Dr. Weir's team. That's just too far fetched.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I think it was built for anyone that could advance themselves to the Ancient's level of understanding on HOW to get there
        __

__

Comment

[INDENTA HEARTY WELCOME TO THOSE OF OTHER WORLDS
          VISITING OUR HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME (W)ELCOME AGAIN
          [...]TRAVELLERS) WITH OPEN HEARTS WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME REFUGEES [/INDENT]

That was write next to the gate of Atlantis ...

This is a refugees city, everybody is welcome here !
          - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
          - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
          - The Nox

Comment

YAY, an Anubis come?
            __

__

Comment

Also, like the Tollans, the Ancients probably became very complacent and over confident in their technology. They probably also forgot how to think in terms of war; as did the Tollan. That's why Teal'c had to defy O'neill's order to stand down in "Desperate Measures."

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by ylai
                Well, for example, humans can also waste a lot of time with lerning nothing (take for example what we accomplished during the 1000 years of Middle Age).
                It is my theory that when the Ancients returned to Earth that is was they who led us out of the Dark Ages. I can't remember what thread I was responding to. Oh, well, now I've said it twice.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  The Ancients probably added regular controls because they understood that if some descendant found it, not everyone would have the gene.
                  Kind of like legacy software, right?

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
                    They had to have left Earth in the Atlantis-ship AFTER the plague, wouldn't they, since "Ayiana" had the disease and infected all those who uncovered her in the ice with it.

UNLESS, after setting up all our 'local' gates the Ancients left Earth in the Atlantis-ship (the 'moving on from this region of space' as mentioned by Thor), and for a while had a grand old time spreading their seed around the Pegasus Galaxy, got in troble with the Wraith, had a big war that (as according to the AncientHoloLady) forced them to retreat to Atlantis, and finally submerge it, using the Stargate to allow some of them to return back to Earth. Which in my own slowly-cobbled together timeline means that sometime after that they ascended.

Is this making sense? Am I missing something?
                    *thick Mex accent* Plague? Plague? We don't need no stinking plague!

I must have missed a couple of eps. but if what you say is true, your timeline sounds right to me.

Comment

The Ancients probably submerged their city and left it in perfect, ready-to-go order in the hopes that they or their decendents could someday return. Considering there are members of the team who have the Ancient's gene, they were technically right. Their decendents have come back.

Also, just as all humans don't have the gene, maybe there was a time when all Ancients didn't have those abilities. The old push button methods would have been a must then.
                      Nurturing my Inner Geek...

Hooni

Comment

On a slightly different line....was the hologram message from the Ancients on SGA series premiere really in English, or is ine of those times we skipped translation due to time constraints?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          On a slightly different line....was the hologram message from the Ancients on SGA series premiere really in English, or is ine of those times we skipped translation due to time constraints?
                          I'd say it was supposed to be in Ancient, but like almost everything else, it was done in English to avoid the need for a translation.
                          Tripudire est irritus
                          Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
                          We are the Mooninites

Comment

That's what I figured. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by ylai
                              Well, for example, humans can also waste a lot of time with lerning nothing (take for example what we accomplished during the 1000 years of Middle Age).
                              Not that this response isn't really late, but despite what they say in Enigma western civilization learned quite a bit during the middle ages. That's why calling them the Dark Ages has fallen out of favor in modern times. Buildings, ships, metal working...

Not to mention that the Arabs and others continued to advance in writing and mathmatics. Many of the "discoveries" of the Renessiance were in fact the introduction of both ancient greek and roman writings and islamic ideas. Not to mention China and India... It's a very Euro-centric idea that humanity stopped learning during that period.
                              Last edited by Major Fischer; 09 August 2004, 03:44 PM. Reason: Content edit

Comment

[QUOTE=Anubis]Yeah, I agree. I think it was built for anyone that could advance themselves to the Ancient's level of understanding on HOW to get there[/QUO

In my theroy im am shure that the ancients left the city for the atlantis team.
                                The anchients were very smart and the wanted to keep the human race around for all time. Once they were advanced enough they began to seed other galexies so the human race would grow. They left the stargate on those planets so the humans of those worlds could trade and learn form eachother. The anchients would move from galexy seeding other galexies. When they encounterd the wraith they were overrun. They still were not wiped out by the wraith. After fighting for a wile the wraith realized that they could not defeat the ancients in a allout war. So the wraith devolped the plege and forced the ancients to retreat back to earth ware they knew that the wraith could not reach them. When the got back to the milkey way they devoloped various ways to try to save themselves from the wraith. Like the time machine and other wepons. Finally the realized the were beaten and created the reposotory of knolage. Then when the humans of the worlds they seeded reached a certian point they could look into it and gain all of the ancients knolage and pick up ware the ancients left off. After the ancients finished preseving there races knolage they were forced to then assend.

Comment

Working...
                                X