Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the first time when humans evolved on earth, who would be their Ancients then?

Comment

The extra ZPMs might be in the once-flooded parts of the city. It's not like they had a lot of time to explore.
      It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

McKay said something about if there were more ZPM's the sensor thing would have found it already.
        *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
        McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

:nod: They probably output a lot of energy, and are visible to various scanners.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Satellite
            Well, for example, humans learn at an incredible rate (take for example what we accomplished in the 2oth century).
            Well, for example, humans can also waste a lot of time with lerning nothing (take for example what we accomplished during the 1000 years of Middle Age).

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
              I think it would be cool if the Ancients were actually the decendents of normal humans from hundreds of years in the future. Then some of them were accidently thrown millions of years _back in time_. It could explain how they got so advanced.
              But then it would be the Planet of the Apes. I can see Weir now..."You monsters! You blew it up!"

I was actually thinking about this problem earlier. I know you have to take things for granted, like the writing on the consoles. Even these days we have organic displays that only use power to change what they show and all kinds of touch-sensitive panels. It seems unlikely that the Ancients would buil mechanical buttons with writings etched on to them (like the Atlantis DHD).

The only thing I was able to come up with was something like the recent Battlestar Gallactica miniseries on SciFi. Perhaps the technology was kept relatively primitive purposefully because of something similar to the replicators. To put it another way, the Stargate had to work, no matter what, so the control room and suport system were built with less sophisticated but very reliable and (for the Ancients) easy to repair components.
              Jack: "I'm confident."
              Daniel: "Me too."
              Teal'c: "As am I."

Comment

Originally posted by hokiewalrus
                The only thing I was able to come up with was something like the recent Battlestar Gallactica miniseries on SciFi. Perhaps the technology was kept relatively primitive purposefully because of something similar to the replicators. To put it another way, the Stargate had to work, no matter what, so the control room and suport system were built with less sophisticated but very reliable and (for the Ancients) easy to repair components.
                Or there is some kind of system that can automatically regenerate any mechanical components.
                sigpic

Comment

i think the bottons hold many more perposes then a dhd or a keyboard. They are all touch sensitive and seem to read your mind, like on the puddle jumper. he was touching the bottons and the ship was reading his mind giving him scanning devices and sandwitches and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Revan
                    i think the bottons hold many more perposes then a dhd or a keyboard. They are all touch sensitive and seem to read your mind, like on the puddle jumper. he was touching the bottons and the ship was reading his mind giving him scanning devices and sandwitches and stuff.
                    Sorry, you're all wrong.

After watching the Lowdown again, It is confirmed that everything up their (in it's current design) serves a vital purpose....heating McKay's coffee....
                    sigpic

Comment

They had to have left Earth in the Atlantis-ship AFTER the plague, wouldn't they, since "Ayiana" had the disease and infected all those who uncovered her in the ice with it.

UNLESS, after setting up all our 'local' gates the Ancients left Earth in the Atlantis-ship (the 'moving on from this region of space' as mentioned by Thor), and for a while had a grand old time spreading their seed around the Pegasus Galaxy, got in troble with the Wraith, had a big war that (as according to the AncientHoloLady) forced them to retreat to Atlantis, and finally submerge it, using the Stargate to allow some of them to return back to Earth. Which in my own slowly-cobbled together timeline means that sometime after that they ascended.

Is this making sense? Am I missing something?

Comment

No one even knows if Ayana had the disease.
                        Their past is still very clouded.

Comment

Yeah, what's with all the playa-hatin' on her! Speaking of, I still have to see that episode because that's a neat tie-in and I've only read about it up to this point.

It sure does generate fan theories from us Gaters and that's good for them, no doubt.
                          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Pity Ayana didn't ascend instead of dying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yea, that sucked
                              None of her Ascended people even bothered to help her ascend either.
                              Or maybe they did and she said no...

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                                If that were the case, Atlantis would have definitly had some extra ZPMs, because they would have known about Dr. Weir and her team.
                                If they left more ZPMs, then it is possible that the Wraith could have found the city. It seems to me that the Ancients hid Atlantis at the bottom of the sea so it wouldn't have been raided.

As for Ancients being the first form, where are all the fossiles and bones? I bet only a few hundred thousand to a million surived on Earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X