Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah. they can find one another on the 4ht.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
      nah. they can find one another on the 4ht.
      4ht?

Comment

*4th* I was too lazy to change it. We are in the 3rd dimension, if you ascend up a livel, you're in the 4th and so on and so forth.

Comment

I don't think the Ancients are in space/time.

Comment

I'm confused, I thought we do live in 4 dimensions.

Comment

4 dimensions? i thought just three.
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Well, according to Carter in Prodigy, I am sure she said there are 9 or 10 dimensions, which allows for those dimensions unknow to us, as seen in Sight Unseen.
                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Wraith suck energy right? Ascended are pure energy... maybe the Ascended are still vulnerable to the wraith.

Personally I think the Ascended hang out on Earth, we just don't see them most of the time. I think they've been for the most part letting us fight our own battles but they sometimes tip the scales in our favor when things get really bleak. Maybe nudging an planet killing asteroid off course when we still didn't have space flight and stuff.

They don't interfere much because they don't want us to become weak and dependent on them. They want us to grow up strong. Like a parent.

Comment

We are in the 3rd dimension, if you ascend up a livel, you're in the 4th and so on and so forth.
                    What are they teaching you in school these days?

We live in 4 dimensions. Up/Down, Left/Right, Forward/Backwards (X,Y,Z) plus Time. Without time, nothing would ever happen, and our universe wouldn't exist.

Well, according to Carter in Prodigy, I am sure she said there are 9 or 10 dimensions, which allows for those dimensions unknow to us, as seen in Sight Unseen.
                    String Theory is what she was talking about. The problem is that String Theory is untestable at our current level of technology, thus it cannot be proven correct or incorrect. That would put it in the philosophy section, not the science section.

Wraith suck energy right? Ascended are pure energy... maybe the Ascended are still vulnerable to the wraith.
                    Actually, we really don't have any idea what the Wraith get from the people they "feed" apon. The producers called it "bio-energy" or "lifeforce", which is metaphysical, and doesn't really exist in a physical sense.
                    I suppose they could be sucking the electricity produced by cells, but that is such a small amount of energy, it wouldn't do them much good. They'd be better off sucking on a 9 volt battery.
                    I suppose it's better if we just don't worry about it.

Also, you're underestimating how much more advanced an ascended being is compared to a Wraith. An ascended being could easily destroy the entire Pegasus galaxy if they chose to do so. That's why they have rules about non-interference.
                    They're so far above us, that it'd be like us going out of our way to save a colony of ants in Brazil from a termite invasion.

Personally I think the Ascended hang out on Earth, we just don't see them most of the time. I think they've been for the most part letting us fight our own battles but they sometimes tip the scales in our favor when things get really bleak. Maybe nudging an planet killing asteroid off course when we still didn't have space flight and stuff.
                    I don't think you understand. The ascended beings would never interfere with us. Not even if it meant we'd be wiped out. Daniel tried to interfere and look what happened to him.
                    Oma Desala is a rogue ascended being, she bends the rules the others have defined, and thus is banished from the ascended club. But her interference is pretty mundane compared to what Daniel was going to do to Anubis.
                    Anubis never broke any rules of the ascended beings, that's why he was able to romp around the galaxy blowing up planets and generally being a bad dude. He never used his ascended powers, he simply used the knowledge he gained from being ascended to find a bunch of ancient toys that would allow him to be top dog without breaking the rules.

Personally, I hope they keep the ascended ancients out of Atlantis. They can reveal as much about them as they want, but I'd just rather they didn't put them in simply because the fans want to see the ascended beings kick some butt.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

HUGE Spoilers!

(Spoiler space especially for member of SFA)

SO guys, just found out that we gonna meet at least one Ascended Ancient.
                      Isn't that good?

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                        Isn't that good?
                        Yes. Yes it is. I, for one, am excited about that episode for that reason.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                          They havent had the need to with their cloning technology.
                          According to what I've seen the Asgard are dying race. They clone bodies and transfer minds in order to remain a sentient force in the universe, therefore "0 population growth," and many must have perished in war with the replicators. Perhaps they will on day ascend.
                          Last edited by Ancient 1; 08 August 2004, 12:28 AM. Reason: typo city

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            According to what I've seen the Asgard are dying race. They clone bodies and transfer minds in order to remain a sentient force in the universe, therefore "0 population growth," and many must have perished in war with the replicators. Perhaps they will on day ascend.
                            Perhaps they are still not that high advanced enough to do so. They are still far behind Ancient.

Comment

Working...
                            X