Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess they're like humans. We can survive without food for ~3 weeks, but we usually eat 2-3 times / day.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
      Our survival is only meant for a limited time and then we let ourselves die, the wraith do it so that they can live for all time. Remember, the Caretaker said that they had not had such rich feeding grounds in over 10,000 years, but they have been around for millions, just like the Ancients.
      We don't "let ourselves die", we naturally die. And technically we are living for all time through our offspring and through our offsprings offspring. So the killing for our survival is not gonna stop after we the individual die. It'll go on til we find another method to nourish ourselves or til our species is extinct.
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Are the Ancients actually immortal?
        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Dunno, details bout that are fuzzy.
          When they Ascend, they are though.
          *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
          McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

And how long is there lifetime?
            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Well, if the Wraith hadnt wiped them out or forced them to Ascend, they probably would have never died since they had regenerative capabilities.
              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I'd doubt it...those crackers normally keep to themselves
                Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Well, the writers already DID expose us to an Ancient.. A few actually... Ayyiana(or however you spell her character name), Oma Desala.

Comment

Orlin.

Comment

Well, there is no for sure saying that Orlin is an actual Ancient. Yes he was ascended, but we do not know for sure that he was an Ancient.

Comment

No, but we know his race used to look like humans. And I don't think anyone could advance so quickly in 10,000 years.

Comment

Well, look at the Tollan and how they were advanced beyond Earth. and Daniel Jackson explained that if we hadn't suffered the Dark Ages where science was regarded as herecy, we might have been just as advanced if not even more so. And the Dark Ages lasted about 800 years according to Jackson, so, give or take 200 years, and throw in that 800 and see where we would be.

100 years ago, we were just learning how to fly, now we have stealth fighter crafts, space shuttles, a space station, etc. Look how quickly our understanding of electronics has advanced. We are a very curious race (as O'neill pointed out) so it is possible for humans on other planet to advance to where they could defeat the Goa'uld. Especially before Aphophis' and Anubis' reign.

Comment

Well I believe more in B5's version(1,000,000 years) then a 1,000 years like you suggested. Although I think it requires much more then 1,000,000.

The Asgard are more advanced then the Tollan, yet they haven't Ascended.

Comment

They havent had the need to with their cloning technology.

Comment

Well before we can start talking about how long it takes we'd have to know how it's done. If it's natural evolution (then why didn't all ascend) or technology. But the Ancients are 50M years old or something like that. So the tollans would have to wait a while

Comment

Working...
                                X