• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the Ancients are advanced and so is the city so... yea
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

I doubt that the power a city the size of Atlantis can get from the sun would even come close to what it can get from a ZPM or even a less sophisticated power generator that relies on fusion.
      yeah but there acients they built ZPM's so they may have also built ways to recharge them, some sort of advanced solar power (hey it could happen it's scifi)

Comment

My point exactly, thanks proff. griff

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
          Well, he was told in the middle of the conversation by the same guy who wasted more power by turning on the energy iris. See my sig.
          Ah, thanks. It'll be awhile before I get to watch it again for details.
          "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

even if there is a way to recharge the Z.P.M or find an alternate source of power, the Stargate Atlantis Teams are definitely way out of their league, beyond interfacing with the technology, how are they really goign to understand it. Come on these are the ancients, who are wel at least it seems from New order more advanced than the asgard, and if the asgard can't fathom the ancient knowledge, we know that team is definitely gonan have its hands full.

Comment

First off, let me say that I loved the episodes!! I thought it was a great introduction to all the characters and I can't wait for more episodes to come.

However since this thread is about flaws, I thought I would add one. Technically speaking everybody who was on Atlantis when it "rose" to the surface should all be dead.

I believe it was Colonel Summner that stated that it appeared that Atlantis was under several hundred feet of water. The amount of pressure between the surface and several hundred feet of water is a good couple of atmospheres.

They all should have been suffereing from the "bends", AKA decompression sickness, at from that depth probably would have died from it.

Other than that though, I thought it was a truely extraordinary episode.

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I imagine a facility for synthisizing ZPM's is in the city, but the city is freaking huge and it will probably take all of season one to explore just a portion of it. It's like taking a hundred people and trying to explore dowtown Manhatten and all of it's buildings...that would take a very LONG time. Just give it some time.

Comment

Do you not forget, the Ancients built Atlantis, the ANCIENTS.
                  I think maybe, just maybe Atlantis might be able to account for the pressure difference and be able to stablize it to the same as the surface pressure.
                  lol

Comment

Do you not forget, the Ancients built Atlantis, the ANCIENTS.
                    I think maybe, just maybe Atlantis might be able to account for the pressure difference and be able to stablize it to the same as the surface pressure.
                    I thought of making that an excuse, but it was just too easy! The shield had collapsed, all the power had shut down. There was nothing protecting them from the pressure. A plot hole, a very minor one which I will put into the back of my mind and enjoy the rest of the show.

Ace

Comment

Power was not shut down, and shield did not collapse around the central area until after it probably surfaced. If the sheild collapsed while it was still underwater, the city would have been destroyed, well, no, everyone would have died.

Comment

Well "if" they find out that the episode bombed they can make episode three they all die from the bends...

Comment

Power was not shut down, and shield did not collapse around the central area until after it probably surfaced. If the sheild collapsed while it was still underwater, the city would have been destroyed, well, no, everyone would have died.
                          Nope Watch again...

It says on McKay's computer "Shield Failure Immenient" and then all the power goes off. Everything, like a blackout! The only thing that was protecting them was the building they were in. Which I'm guessing wasn't crushed because it was built by the Ancients. See I can play along...

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by professor_griff
                            Well "if" they find out that the episode bombed they can make episode three they all die from the bends...
                            LOL With all the advertising that Scifi put into promoting it, let's hope it didn't bomb! Besides there is no way it could have, it was a great episode! Reaching into my top 10 list for sure...

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                              Nope Watch again...

It says on McKay's computer "Shield Failure Immenient" and then all the power goes off. Everything, like a blackout! The only thing that was protecting them was the building they were in. Which I'm guessing wasn't crushed because it was built by the Ancients. See I can play along...

Ace
                              Hey, whatever, Atlantis rose by itself, so I figure theres many safety protocols in the computers. Also, shield failure iminent doesnt mean shield is actually down. And power going off within the building doesnt mean power was down, because power had to be used to get Atlantis to surface with the thrusters.

Comment

LOL With all the advertising that Scifi put into promoting it, let's hope it didn't bomb! Besides there is no way it could have, it was a great episode! Reaching into my top 10 list for sure...
                                yeah it was a good episode but it will take awhile for some of the characters to grow on you, The team seems to young almost.. new spin off episodes are luck of the draw really..

Comment

Working...
                                X