Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't the DHD be a Dial Out Device (DOD), if they're using it to travel out?

Cause.....that would make sense.

And for the record, the Earth Based Magyvered Dialing system is 100% more awsome then an automated DHD device. Why? Because the guys who Shout "Cheveron X Encoded" build the best kind of suspence.

Comment

We all call it a DHD. Anyway, the SGA are trapped from home anyway. So they can call it whatever they want.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Spoilers rising.

Mckay = Chevron Guy.
        sigpic

Comment

McKay: Chevron 1....endcoded
          Weir: Mckay....
          McKay: Oh...right....(pushes the other six chevrons)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            It's ok. when they are dialing, we can call out 'chevron one encoded....'
            Me Thinks you just came up with a new Atlantis Drinking Game....

Comment

You can do that with any Stargate episode.

Everytime a Cheveron encodes take a shot.

if the worm hole fails to engage, take 3 shots.

and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by the adventurer
                You can do that with any Stargate episode.

Everytime a Cheveron encodes take a shot.

if the worm hole fails to engage, take 3 shots.

and so on.
                If they make a connection to another galaxy, drink 10 shots.
                sigpic

Comment

Everytime the word Wraith is mentioned 2 shots
                  Everytime a baddy goes down, 1 shots
                  Everytime sheppard has a stupid/odd look on his face 4 shots

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                    Everytime the word Wraith is mentioned 2 shots
                    Everytime a baddy goes down, 1 shots
                    Everytime sheppard has a stupid/odd look on his face 4 shots
                    There's not enough booze in the world....
                    sigpic

Comment

I like the new DHD or what ever you what to call it. That is there home for now, not only that no one in perticullar has been chosen to do the honor in punching in the addresses yet, so in my opinion any one that is closes to the DHD and knows the address puts it in. By the way there was a question in another thread about where are they going to get amo for the webons? I just figure out how they get by that. I like Stargate Atlantis alot. If they keep it at this story line, and don't go all Sci-Fi on us. In other words build up to it, give us some time to understand what they have and how they dial with it. Thats all. Sorry Walter. the chevron guy, I like it the why Atlantis does it. I think the Iris Atlantis has is very good, but that had to hurt. By the why they did bring computers, with what Atlantis has, its like the stone age mets the 21st centry. How will they interface with Atlantis? and why would they what too?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                        The Gate has a forcefield that works just like an Iris.
                        And no Chevron guy, bomber !
                        but the atlantis team did not know this untill they got there
                        MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                        I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Well the chevrons are not really being encoded... The dialing computer on Earth has to (quotes Carter) "translate electrical signals to match the dialing symbols on the Gate system". The Ancient computer doesn't. At least not in the sense that the Earth computer does. So if anything, they should just say "chevron one locked"... Although the chevrons don't even lock anyway... The light just spins around real quick then stops. There is no actual "locking" motion. I doubt you can even finish saying the "chevron locked" before finish dialing the whole thing.

I liked the "read out symbols in Ancient" idea though... They could just assign an alphanumeric code to each icon... So McKay will go like "dialing... T...H...X...1...1...3...8..." and a bunch of Jedi jump though the gate...

Comment

I think the Atlantis DHD should actually be called the DHC, Dial Home Computer.
                            Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                            Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

DHD doesn't really stand for Dial Home Device anymore, though. It's just become the shorthand for a dialling device; like a walkman is any personal stereo or a hoover any vacuum cleaner.

It's sad really. I remember a time when the DHD name really meant something.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                                DHD doesn't really stand for Dial Home Device anymore, though. It's just become the shorthand for a dialling device; like a walkman is any personal stereo or a hoover any vacuum cleaner.
                                People still use "walkman" and "hoover?" I haven't heard anyone say either of those since at least 1991.

For personal stereo, people generally say "headphones" an a vacuum is just a vacuum.
                                Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                                Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Working...
                                X