This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macktheknife
    If they get rid of ronon, they'd have to get rid of teyla as well, because she was quite pointless during S1, and only Ronon is giving her any "point" apart from "I sense Wraith People", in S2.

WORD.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
      WORD.

WORD?
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        WORD?
        Yes. Word.

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
          Yes. Word.
          Care to elaborate further?
          On fighting:

Comment

WORD?
            A versatile declaration, originating (more or less) in hip-hop culture.

"Word" has no single meaning, but is used to convey a casual sense of affirmation, acknowledgement, agreement, or to indicate that something has impressed you favorably.
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              A versatile declaration, originating (more or less) in hip-hop culture.

"Word" has no single meaning, but is used to convey a casual sense of affirmation, acknowledgement, agreement, or to indicate that something has impressed you favorably.
              Thank you Qas, I guess I'm too old to keep up with Hip hop culture......an oxymoron, if you ask me.....oh well. Anyway, I guess I still don't unstand if WORD was an agreement or a disagreement.....well, no matter. Ronon is an definite asset to Atlantis.....as opposed to someone who will remain nameless. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, right?
              Last edited by Lida; 26 January 2006, 08:17 AM.
              On fighting:

Comment

Hip hop culture......an oxymoron, if you ask me
                Strikes me as a little hostile, but oh well, i'll just accept it as a sincere lack of understanding of youth/hip-hop culture.

Anyway, I guess I still don't unstand if WORD was an agreement or a disagreement
                It was an agreement.

It's an interesting point, that he helps out Teyla, and I guess that's been true, but I think she COULD be written well without him, but the writers didn't build her relationships with any of the main characters except Shep (just because he's the main character in the show doesn't mean he has to be the main character in everyone else's eyes). I think it would have been interesting for her to become friends with Ford, or a woman (Wier wouldn't work, I think), or something that showed she had a life in Atlantis outside of our team.

Or maybe not, can't say I'm too sure of how she could have been handled, but she has definitely improved much with Ronan around (though maybe he just makes her look better in comparison).

Comment

And replace them with who? I think the characters of both Teyla and Ronon have added to this season's story line of Atlantis. I don't believe they are a "couple" in the romantic sense, but their personalities play off each other very well and are, at least to me, a highlight of each episode they are in together. Since JM has joined the team as Ronon Dex, I've found I've enjoyed Teyla more and now see her character in a new light.
                  Who knows? Who cares? How about a couple of turncoat wraiths, or some wraith sympathizers? Anything would be more interesting, IMO, naturally.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by ItsColdOutside
                    It was an agreement.
                    WORD.

Sorry.

Comment

Perhaps it would be less confusing for all if you didnt hip it up all the time
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        Perhaps it would be less confusing for all if you didnt hip it up all the time
                        You mean. . .use proper English grammar? On the internet?

My itty-bitty take - I like Ronon.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

People, people. If you're a "proper" gatefan (*lifts pinkie finger while drinking tea*) you need to Goa'uldize the term.

It's WO'RD.

How about giving Ronon Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because of all that running? Of course, that raises two issues - 1) The writers would probably hit the reset button at the end of the episode and he'd be back to "normal" and 2) Would anyone notice the difference?

Comment

i like ronan... he is a strong charecter physically and emotionally

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              People, people. If you're a "proper" gatefan (*lifts pinkie finger while drinking tea*) you need to Goa'uldize the term.

It's WO'RD.

How about giving Ronon Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because of all that running? Of course, that raises two issues - 1) The writers would probably hit the reset button at the end of the episode and he'd be back to "normal" and 2) Would anyone notice the difference?
                              Sorry, but Ronon doesn't fit all the criteria for PTSD.....and even if he did, what's your point? And for his being "normal"......please define "nornal"......is Rodney "normal"? Normal is far over rated and Ronon has been a definite asset to SGA since his introduction. He has proved his worth many times over....I'll take Ronon over many of the other characters the writers have tried to foist on us........they at least have made him complex and 3-dimentional, something they failed to do with another actor. Perhaps they will get things right in Season 3, but something tells me, the actor to whom I allude won't be there, which is sad, as he and and his character had "great potential".

So once more.....get rid of Ronon.....sorry, but NO, that would be a huge mistake. Besides being a "hottie", he can act, and has been a light in the rather dim Season 2 of SGA.
                              On fighting:

Comment

Well said Lida. Haven't been on for quite sometime. Glad to know we always have you in our corner...here's a thought maybe, just maybe Ford did not want to come back. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X