• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you get as the preview is not the lowdown
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by David85
      I think it was said that the off world gates would be the same one used for SG-1, to save money. People, if they have better gates in the new galazy it will start up some trouble.
      They couldn't use the same Gates that SG-1 uses because they'd have Milky Way symbols, instead of Pegasus glyphs. I do think that Atlantis will be the only Stargate with the light up symbols and the force field, though.

Comment

By the time they use the different gates, they might as well just get themselves a new set of about three or four Atlantis gates!
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quinn
          They couldn't use the same Gates that SG-1 uses because they'd have Milky Way symbols, instead of Pegasus glyphs. I do think that Atlantis will be the only Stargate with the light up symbols and the force field, though.

I didn't think of that but didn't Gateworld have an interview that they said the shows would share a gate?
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

They might use the outline of the gate, but perhaps not the actual symbols
            __

__

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the gates will be the same with the same glyphs but the DHD will have Red bulb for Milky Way galaxy and blue bulb for Pegasus galaxy. I'd imagine that the Ancients did that to differentiate the galaxies, and to make it easier for the audience to identify the two shows...

Now you run into the problem that if the two galaxies are using the same glyphs and those glyphs were based on constellations in the Milky Way, shouldn't the glyphs on the Pegasus gate use constellations that can be seen in that galaxy?
              "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

We have already seen the gates are different, with the different symbols, and now the DHD has a blue engage chevron. So there are some differences
                __

__

Comment

Do you think the Asgard have each type of gate some where in their Galaxy?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                    Do you think the Asgard have each type of gate some where in their Galaxy?
                    No. The Atlantis gate is probably unique. Atlantis is the crown jewel of the ancient empire. The main entrance/exit to the city has to be cool.
                    sigpic

Comment

So atlantis is the only place with a blue gate? Or the pegasus galazy is full of blue gates? Or is it atlantis has a blue gates and the planets have orange gates with a blue DHD?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

It will be interesting too see what types of gates there are
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          So atlantis is the only place with a blue gate? Or the pegasus galazy is full of blue gates? Or is it atlantis has a blue gates and the planets have orange gates with a blue DHD?

By the looks of it they are all blue. Guesses are that it's for color coding the systems.
                          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

But they are all probably Moving-gates, atlantis being the only light-up one, right?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                              We have already seen the gates are different, with the different symbols, and now the DHD has a blue engage chevron. So there are some differences
                              I was under the assumption from interviews on Gateworld and other various sources, that the gates in the Pegasus galaxy are the same as the Milky Way galaxy, and the Atlantis gate being unique as it's a "hub" gate.

How could you assertain from those small images that the symbols are different on the DHD? Plus, spoiler images of the gates on various worlds haven't been either shown or released yet, so we don't know for certain if the glyphs on the gate are actually different? How they do this when they are using the same production gates for both shows boggles the mind, maybe the inner track is replaceable?
                              "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Well practically all of the atlantis advertisements have old-school gates with blue chevrons. They even had the same symbols as the milky way ones. They had plenty of time to design the ads as most of them have only come out recently, so it's probably not just early design sketches. The only one that's an early design is the one on stargateatlantis.com

I'm pretty sure they'll be using the same offworld prop gate but changing the light colors, same with the DHD.

Another thing to notice is the Atlantis uber-gate only has 36 symbols. If you count the symbols between each chevron there are 4. 4x9=36. The normal ones have 39 symbols.
                                My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Working...
                                X