Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always hard to compare a all-in-one episode to one that's the first of a two-parter. Until we see how a two parter is resolved, we really can't compare them. Both had their moments!

Comment

AURORA seemed very slow and extremely boring, it also in my opinion had nothing to do with any of the plot lines or moved any of the stories along. It was just time filler until the season cliffhanger. I don't think it added anything or any info to the show. we didn't even get any info from the capt. at the very least we should have picked his brain for something that would help us. instead we blew them up. yeah that was a great idea. NOT!

while LOST BOYS rocked! it added alot to the storyline and moved it along. it was not one single dragging moment in it and it also gave us more in sight into FORD a beloved character.

In my opinion I think they should have dumped AURORA and gave us something else in stead. Maybe made LOST BOYS longer with another added twist.
      Ronon Dex did not replace Ford. Ronon is an ADDITION to the team.. funny, that doesn't seem hard to understand to me.. guess I'm a McKay!

Comment

I got Aurora from ::coughs:: other sources, but I still watched on SciFi, along with Lost Boys
        sigpic

Comment

Normally I like Atlantis slightly better than SG-1 but I thought both Aurora and Lost Boys sucked. Sorry, I really wanted to like them. The idea of Aurora was really cool, but the follow-through was really weak. And I'm getting bored and annoyed with crack-head Ford.

Comment

People! You're still NOT getting the point of the Thread.

I was wanting to discuss the IDEAs behind the episodes and which IDEA would have served as the better season finale. NOT which eps was better. There's a difference!!!! Use your imagination and consider the possibilities that could have been worked into Aurora to make it 2 hours long. Use your imagination to consider the POSSIBLITIES behind Atlantis finding an Ancient ship and what MIGHT have been in a Part 1 of the Epsidode and THEN think about which STORYLINE would have been the better finale.
            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron

I was wanting to discuss the IDEAs behind the episodes and which IDEA would have served as the better season finale. NOT which eps was better. There's a difference!!!! Use your imagination and consider the possibilities that could have been worked into Aurora to make it 2 hours long. Use your imagination to consider the POSSIBLITIES behind Atlantis finding an Ancient ship and what MIGHT have been in a Part 1 of the Epsidode and THEN think about which STORYLINE would have been the better finale.
              To ANSWER your question...NO Aurora would not have made a better season Finale..if it had draged on any longer it would have gotten BORING.

Lost Boys could go on and on...into many directions. Taking the story into the Hive ship was Brilliant!! Now the story can go from the Hive ship into many directions to show usso much more about the Wraith...about the strenght of Sheppards team, how Ford will play out his desire to concer the Warith or does he protect old friends..the possiblities are endless...
              Purple's Biggest Fan
              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

The concept of an extremely hot first officer could have made a 2-hour episode worth it for me. 2 hours of Freaky Ford and his Chocolate Eye would not have worked so well.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Lost Boys is the better season finale cuz the sadistically leave you hanging, which all shows seem to do nowadays. Trouble is by the time the next new episode shows up, you've got where they left you hanging!

The idea of the team in jeopardy is more alluring than the potential 'hey, look at the Auruora, look at all the new technology we might be able to use later on."

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Lost Boys is the better season finale cuz the sadistically leave you hanging, which all shows seem to do nowadays. Trouble is by the time the next new episode shows up, you've got where they left you hanging!

The idea of the team in jeopardy is more alluring than the potential 'hey, look at the Auruora, look at all the new technology we might be able to use later on."
                    Again, I'm not wanting to discuss the ACTUAL episodes aired. Please read my last expose on why I started the thread.
                    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Lost Boys was the better episode to air second and thus the cliffhanger. Aurora was anticlimatic, as I was thinking thw whole time, "How will they manage not to show some fantastic Ancient tech this time?" And, "How will the team come away empty this time? They have Atlantis of course." Because of reading spoilers there wasn't even the satisfaction of discovering that one of the crew was a Wraith, so that came back to bite me in the posterior.

Specifically to your point. Despite there not being a cliffhanger in Aurora, it could have been anticipated that the greater interest would have been in seeing the Ancients on their ship, and whatever technology we learned about. So most of the audience would have felt that Ford and Ronon, etc were not too important and the ep would not have fared as well ratings wise. Even though the kid in me likes the FX stuff a lot, characters are more interesting to me, and "Lost Boys" had both.
                      Last edited by Apogeal Alpha 01; 28 September 2005, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Let me clarify something...The question be possed was wether or not you felt that the AURORA storyline and potential for plot details would have been a better choice for the season finale. I was wanting to address the PLOT vs PLOT potential as opposed to EPISODE versus EPISODE AND the respective choice of PLOT/STORYLINES for the Season finale - Not the actual episodes.

Think of youself as the producers and two writers are presenting the IDEA for AURORA and the IDEA for LOST BOYS and you have to decide which would be the better finale.
                        Well, let us go with this then.

Idea-wise, not where it actually went with, than Aurora could have been a fantastic mid-season finale, had it ended differnetly. Y'know what, so could Lost Boys. They actually could have merged both storylines into a two parter\ three parter episode. Dumped all of the unncessary bits from both episodes, and htere were plenty, sigh, and have a very, very good plot.

As for the episodes themselves, IMHO both were lacking adn as it were, neither were fitting for mid-season finale.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I'm yet to watch Aurora, but already have the episode lined up to go and will be getting Lost Boys soon so can't wait for that...

But is there an actual date for the series return for the other half of SG1 and SGA for the US, or nothing other than January sometime? Cheers,

Capt

Comment

Lost Boys was a better season finale becaue it was a cliffhanger and Sheppard and his team are in jeopardy...Aurora would have been a good season cliffhanger if the entire story was written over again from a different perspective...the whole pod thing and let's get this going and that was boring and pointless...now, if they had allow the Aurora to continue traveling at fast speed to reach Atlantis, repaired it and used it to fight the Wraith..now that would have been a different type of finale...
                            hope I am on the right track....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by impulsivelad
                              Normally I like Atlantis slightly better than SG-1 but I thought both Aurora and Lost Boys sucked. Sorry, I really wanted to like them. The idea of Aurora was really cool, but the follow-through was really weak. And I'm getting bored and annoyed with crack-head Ford.
                              I agree. I found Aurora especially boring. Francks is doing great job as Super Ford but storyline's getting old.

Comment

Atlantis should come up with something new, yeah, superofrds cool and all, I really think we should bring back to Genii now THAT was a good story line, and, i quite liked lost boys, but aurora...
                                Spoiler:
                                virtual realitys make me REALLY sad and angry, and dreams and comas...would of been nice to see pendergasts team tackle that mission instread of shepperds team.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                                X