This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    The only personal insult I find important, is to the writers and actors of SGA. I find the topic of this thread and it's title an affront to them. What next? Teyla, the slut? Ronon, the animal?

Sorry Sky, but I find this thread and several others disturbing.
    Quite...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
      Quite...
      its just another young noob writing junk like always.

Comment

*blinks*

Yeah...
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I love the title of this thread. LOL. It was the same thing I thought of while watching Conversion.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
          Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Hey, I personally agree with you guys. there are a lot of threads on this forum that i personally think have no place on a stargate forum.

I see people deliberately starting threads that are worded to entice and inflame. They're wanting to get folks stirred up and seem to enjoy the carnage. At times, i long for the days when there was a whole 300 of us playing on this forum and everyone knew everyone and folks got along and there were no real troublemakers.

but, unfortunately, those days are gone. Gateworld has gotten more and more popular and our population has grown, and because of that, we have more people that play here and, thus, a greater range of personalities and attitudes...and yes, some troublemakers.

The tough part is...we try to keep things as open as possible. as long as folks stay within the rules, we don't censor them, and because of that, we get a lot of folks saying things that some of us may not personally or morally agree with. However, unless those folks start to break the forum rules, we the mods, can't do anything.

I've heard folks who play here talking about other places they've been where the discussion is strict and tightly controlled and many haven't been happy there. we're trying to avoid that here, but the price to pay for 'freedom of speech' is that sometimes folks are saying things you don't want to hear.

All i can suggest is, when someone starts a thread that you think is silly or idiotic...ignore it. don't respond to them, don't fall into their trap and egg them on simply by replying. that's what they want.

if no one responds, the thread drops to the back of the forum and simply dies of disinterest.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              Hey, I personally agree with you guys. there are a lot of threads on this forum that i personally think have no place on a stargate forum.

I see people deliberately starting threads that are worded to entice and inflame. They're wanting to get folks stirred up and seem to enjoy the carnage. At times, i long for the days when there was a whole 300 of us playing on this forum and everyone knew everyone and folks got along and there were no real troublemakers.

but, unfortunately, those days are gone. Gateworld has gotten more and more popular and our population has grown, and because of that, we have more people that play here and, thus, a greater range of personalities and attitudes...and yes, some troublemakers.

The tough part is...we try to keep things as open as possible. as long as folks stay within the rules, we don't censor them, and because of that, we get a lot of folks saying things that some of us may not personally or morally agree with. However, unless those folks start to break the forum rules, we the mods, can't do anything.

I've heard folks who play here talking about other places they've been where the discussion is strict and tightly controlled and many haven't been happy there. we're trying to avoid that here, but the price to pay for 'freedom of speech' is that sometimes folks are saying things you don't want to hear.

All i can suggest is, when someone starts a thread that you think is silly or idiotic...ignore it. don't respond to them, don't fall into their trap and egg them on simply by replying. that's what they want.

if no one responds, the thread drops to the back of the forum and simply dies of disinterest.
              Amen, Skydiver. Words of wisdom.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

haha Ronan should go hump a log or something!! Shep should get tayla
                We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

Indeed...you are very wise Skydiver...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                  "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by nodrog
                    haha Ronan should go hump a log or something!! Shep should get tayla
                    after that long mod speech we get this. hehe funny.
                    Get YOUR P90 Here!
                    Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

I want to see Sheppard as more of a "Kirk" type character that's popped up a few times in Season 1...
                      "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

You should write business speeches

Comment

i reckon Tayla's too much for anyone to handle, I reckon Tayla and Weir should go from some lesbo action.

Comment

Originally posted by pleed
                            i reckon Tayla's too much for anyone to handle, I reckon Tayla and Weir should go from some lesbo action.
                            Dude my cousins a lesbian how about you show some respect instead of this teenage pervert crap. Sorry sky...I take things like that personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                              Dude my cousins a lesbian how about you show some respect instead of this teenage pervert crap. Sorry sky...I take things like that personal.
                              How about we all stop posting on this thread and hopefully the trolls will give up and crawl back under their respective bridges??

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                                How about we all stop posting on this thread and hopefully the trolls will give up and crawl back under their respective bridges??
                                Agreed. I just couldn't not say anything...

Comment

Working...
                                X