Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well like Scotty said in Star Trek..uh whatever... more sophisticated the technology the easier it is to clog up the plumbing.

Although, it is interesting that a Puddle Jumper can apparently take an unlimited number of staff weapon blast with only scorch marks to show for it but cant take a couple of big rocks shot at it from the ground. Well flak is flak I guess.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

The stuff shot at the PJ exploded.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah there deffianlty fighters there more like the suv's of the ancient's
        and i dont think they had fighters cause they new they had realy good sheilds
        and or a invisibility shield that couldnt be detected so i dont think they had fighters

Comment

PJs don't have shields, just cloaks. Don't know why other then it makes good plots.
          sigpic

Comment

Good plot me bottom, Puddle Jumpers should not be able to be taken out by a crued explosive device, when two Death Gliders didn't bring it down in "Moebius, Part 2." The Wraith Dart destroyed a Jumper, but it fired through the window, and most likely hit secondary systems, and the episode really wasn't that great, so there was no need to make the Puddle Jumper so vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
              Good plot me bottom, Puddle Jumpers should not be able to be taken out by a crued explosive device, when two Death Gliders didn't bring it down in "Moebius, Part 2." The Wraith Dart destroyed a Jumper, but it fired through the window, and most likely hit secondary systems, and the episode really wasn't that great, so there was no need to make the Puddle Jumper so vulnerable.
              No no no

What everyone doesn't seem to understand is that Eldon was much more intelligent than anyone thought*. He built the ultimate weapon - The fabled PLOT DEVICE. It can break the physical laws of the universe, common sense and logic

*Plus he was probably a Furling in disguise
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith

**And he used the Ninth Chevron to synthesize powerful explosives.
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                  That could explain alot.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                    It seems like it's not the weapon that's advanced but the ore that was used. It radiodecays without fission which amazed Rodney and the goa'uld may not have access to this, this might explain it.
                    sigpic

Comment

It was taken out by a weapon more potent than anything even the Ancients could devise. The dreaded "plot device". This insidious weapon is far more powerful than even a legion of Drones. Its vile ability to not only defy the laws of physics, but shatter all notions of believability and common sense make it a terrifying weapon indeed.

Comment

The Thing about puddle jumpers is that realy they arn't fighters, so it makes me think, why didn't the ancients have fighters?

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

I dont no if thius has been mentioned before but if both the wraith and puddlejumpers dont have shields where did the shield surrounding the puddlejumper in 'The Defiant One' come from.

Comment

Hopefully we can discover some fighter vessels that the Ancients did have. If they had a WarShip like the Aurora, they're bound to have fighters.
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                              Hopefully we can discover some fighter vessels that the Ancients did have. If they had a WarShip like the Aurora, they're bound to have fighters.
                              I second that, i would like to see what an ancient fighter would look like, Dont you, come on they built Atlantis its gotta look good!

Proud Supporter of:
                              - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                              - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

I think the puddle jumpers must have some sort of shield tech because of what I mentioned in my previous post. Also I dont know about fighters but there should be some larger transport ships some where on Atlantis. When weir went back in time the ancients were waiting for the last of their off world transports so they must be on atlantis some where

Comment

Working...
                                X