This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

puddle jumper

I do dont know if it has been sayed before as im new to this forum. But how can a high tech ship like this be shoot down by low tech Weapons made by prisoners in Episode Called Condemned

It wasn't destroyed completely and I thought the weapon on the island was high tech. It was made from an ore that had fission without radio decaying or something like that, which McKay never heard of before.
    sigpic

Comment

PJ's don't have shields, and by the layout of design I doubt they were intended to be used for anything by transporting small numbers of people. They're not fighters.

Comment

definitely not fighters, but they are pretty fragile, especially after what we have seen from the ancients. i do hope we get to see an ancient fighter sometime, it would be most helpful
        why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
        Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

somehow in the sg universe.... very high tech things are vulnerable to very low tech.
          Last edited by pillwokie; 05 September 2005, 02:57 AM.

Comment

it wouldn't have been shot down if Sheppard wasn't so stupid to forget to put the cloak up.
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Then we woulden't have had a great episode.
              302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                it wouldn't have been shot down if Sheppard wasn't so stupid to forget to put the cloak up.
                Exactly how was Sheppard to know they had anything to take the Puddle Jumper down?
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                Individuality is freedom lived.
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Another question since we are on a PJ thread. (Apologises if this has been asked before)

But, whilst the PJ is cloaked, and the rear hatch is open then you can not see the whole ship, but when people walk into the cloaked PJ they only disappear once they are inside the actual hatch. So why do they not disappear whilst they are standing on the open hatch, as that is invisable?

Comment

High tech things can be vulnerable to low tech things in our universe too. Just because things are advanced doesn't mean they are perfect, and it doesn't mean they are invulnerable. Sometimes, High-tech things fail to low-tech because the makers never considered something so simple to actually happen. Like the Goa'uld personal force fields. They stop staff-blasts and bullets, but a thrown knife gets right through.

A Black-Hawk helicopter could be taken down by a Revolutionary war musket if gets hit in the right place.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Here's a question. When the jumper is cloaked, can you fire drones? We haven't seen them do it yet. Any speculation?

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by csand36
                        Here's a question. When the jumper is cloaked, can you fire drones? We haven't seen them do it yet. Any speculation?
                        I heard somewhere that you can't to fire drones when the ship is cloaked. but you never know
                        RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pillwokie
                          somehow in the sg universe.... very high tech things are vulnerable to very low tech.
                          It's not just in the stargate universe, it's the same in ours :-p

If I took a club to my computer, my club would win. Why? Because my club is doing what it was designed to do, smash stuff. Computers, like PJs, aren't meant to be used in such a way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Patriotic Symbiote
                            I heard somewhere that you can't to fire drones when the ship is cloaked. but you never know
                            In the rising they were going to fire drones while cloaked but Shep said the wraith can fire blind until they are hit.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think that after 10 thousand years things can get old and fragile.

Comment

Working...
                              X