Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Beckett is suppose to be getting the new Retrovirus completed by the seasons end, the one that temporarily turns the wraith into humans. If that is completed, we'll be able to infect the wraith with the virus and the ones who no longer want to be wraith can come forward and join us and just remember to take their medication so they can stay human. Those would be the allies, I assume. Also, that would be the "fun" and "interesting" twist on the Tok'ra for Atlantis. The Wraith actually turn into something else.
    Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by illuminarok
      Well Beckett is suppose to be getting the new Retrovirus completed by the seasons end, the one that temporarily turns the wraith into humans. If that is completed, we'll be able to infect the wraith with the virus and the ones who no longer want to be wraith can come forward and join us and just remember to take their medication so they can stay human. Those would be the allies, I assume. Also, that would be the "fun" and "interesting" twist on the Tok'ra for Atlantis. The Wraith actually turn into something else.
      Spoiler:
      Makes sense as the ep is not long after Michael, but it sounds too good to be true!!
      sigpic

Comment

They would still have to feed.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaQuestGateDSV-1
          They would still have to feed.
          If on the outside they are like humans, I don't think they'll have the suckers on their hands to feed with, that I would think would be the whole point of making them look human.
          sigpic

Comment

From what I've heard of "Michael"
            Spoiler:
            It seems that the retrovirus makes them appear to be human on the outside they are still wraith on the inside. They have all the instincts of a normal wraith.

Anyway I don't think Becketts gene therapy will ever work, its naive at best and morally reprensible at worst. He wants to end conflict by "curing" the wraith, taking away who they are and brainwashing them. It would be like someone deciding to end racism by making a retrovirus to make us all look identical.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
              From what I've heard of "Michael"
              Spoiler:
              It seems that the retrovirus makes them appear to be human on the outside they are still wraith on the inside. They have all the instincts of a normal wraith.

Anyway I don't think Becketts gene therapy will ever work, its naive at best and morally reprensible at worst. He wants to end conflict by "curing" the wraith, taking away who they are and brainwashing them. It would be like someone deciding to end racism by making a retrovirus to make us all look identical.
              Spoiler:
              I agree, plus it's only temp and even if it's possible that it could work, sga will have to brainwash everysingle wraith that gets it, could mean every1 on a hive ship which would be impossible. Also the drug would have to be given for many generations to come as the children of wraith injected with the drug wouldn't be affected. If the allies turn out to be Michael and a few other seemingly converted wraith, they are bound to be really not on their side.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                Who said the Atlantis base is getting allies, maybe its the wraith getting allies.
                That is quite possible. It would be a cool twist.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

They haven't given Ronan much to do and there are a couple hundred survivors from his home planet, many of them soldiers.

Comment

what if its not any ally from the stars but from our very own planet. Im talkin about the Russians and the Chinese, they can all the sudden come to atlantis with their own battlecruisers and SOs.

Comment

not possible, i don't think. I mean, no one else has the tech that America does in SG.

Anyway, I agree that
                      Spoiler:
                      forcing the Wraith to be human is morally wrong. Kinda like forcing Democracy on a country that doesn't want it. Just because yo ucan do something doesn't mean you should, even if you think it's right.

I mean, what did Beckett say last year about the people who wanted be immune to Wraith feeding even if it killed half of them? I think it was something like this.

Beckett: Victory at any cost. Do you know who said that major?
                      Shepperd: Winston Churchill.
                      Beckett: Aye, never thought I'd disagree.
                      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

You guys are silly, it's obviously the Jedi, who else could stop the Wraith.

Comment

i think it aint going to be anything good for the tauri

Comment

fly me to the moon let me play among the stars

Comment

I think the Alantis team would get allies who however still cannot destroy the Wraith with ease...

Comment

Let me see what life is like on Jupiter and Mars

hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X