Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you stated its fiction and the Genii would have no problem performing genocide
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      the Genii would have no problem performing genocide
      Against whom?
      No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
      I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
      Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
        Against whom?
        SGA, as shown in the storm and the brotherhood.
        sigpic

Comment

I would love to see the Genii go bye bye. but i dont think they will. If they do we wont be the ones to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by knifermcstab06
            I would love to see the Genii go bye bye. but i dont think they will. If they do we wont be the ones to do it.
            Yeah you're right, probably be the wraith, civil war or another human culture.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
              SGA, as shown in the storm and the brotherhood.
              Do you know what genocide is? Because there was no genocide in either of those episodes (apart from the wraith at the begining of brotherhood).

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                Do you know what genocide is? Because there was no genocide in either of those episodes (apart from the wraith at the begining of brotherhood).
                Misunderstood, I thought it just meant murder, didn't realize it meant mass murder. Anyway I think from their behaviour they are capable of it. They were going to refuse to help Atlantis from being attacked by the wraith.
                sigpic

Comment

You're welcome it is always a duty to learn and to help learning.

We have evolved from mass murder to murder and then refusing to help. It is a huge progress in one day.

Genuine intelligence in you I sense.
                  No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
                  I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                  Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

You're welcome it is always a duty to learn and to help learning.

We have evolved from mass murder to murder and then refusing to help. It is a huge progress in one day.

Genuine intelligence in you I sense.
                    You say that because I feel the genii are capable of genocide? I'm entitled to my opinion.
                    sigpic

Comment

This idea isn't actually as far fetched as it sounds.
                      I mean, the Genii have tried to take atlantis, resulting in casualties, tortured 2 senior members of the expedition, captured and offworld team and planned to kill them, tried to steal a puddlejumper and
                      Spoiler:
                      Apparently in coup d'tat they are going to do it all again

Now, I'm not advocating genocide, but I can see where the Earth military might decide tehy need to strike back.
                      Tho, I gotta say, simplest and easiest is to steal their gate, or put it in orbit.

Comment

At least it was a revelation about the state of mind of a few people. Approving of a genocide, even in a fiction, is quite amazing.

There are other people who believe the Genii are far more in their own right and far more civilized than SGA.

I think we haven't finished to explore the depths of SGA, and incidentally the depths of this joke.
                        Equating jokes regarding a fictional genocide in a sci-fi series with killing real people is even more ridiculous.
                        "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Mabey someone has said this allready, if so my apologies. Mabey Inferno is a follow up to Hot Zone?
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                            Mabey someone has said this allready, if so my apologies. Mabey Inferno is a follow up to Hot Zone?
                            Well that should have been blatantly obvious. *kicks self*

a time to mourn

Comment

New Info for this episode has been mentioned on Alex Levine blog at Sci-fi.

Beware of major spoilers when reading the blog.
                              Spoiler:
                              For example, Carl was trying to name a planet for an upcoming episode called “Inferno”, and he came up with the name “Mollen”. I could see where that was coming from. The story is about a fiery planet with lots of volcanoes, so perhaps he was going for a mixture of the words “volcano” and “magma” or something like that.

Well, “Mollen” got vetoed pretty quickly in the writer’s room. So, a little frustrated, Carl went back to the drawing board. Then he came up with “Makara.” But the problem with that name is it brings to mind Dakara, which is the Jaffa home city – not to mention it sounds like macaroon.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X