Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPOILER -- Comments on advance review copies?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

How is the scene (if there is this scene) when the Wraith goes up to Sumner and he says "go to hell", and the wraiths responds "earth first"?
    How is the music in there, any feelings to report?
    Will the asgard finally kill all damn replicators? What about Camulus, will he die in New Order?
    Questions after questions
    Did you receive my PM? Any chance for video-clips or images not available on gateworld yet?
    Last edited by Thor; 12 June 2004, 01:17 PM.
    Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      Thanks Beagle for everything you have said, it makes me want to watch the show even more
      Glad to help! I think I'm fulfilling the intent of the preview copies, namely to help generate buzz about the shows, although in this forum I'm likely just preaching to the choir. I plan on watching them on TV to see the effects.

I apologize, but I really didn't pay attention to the music, but that's probably a good sign. If I didn't notice it, then the music was probably just right for every scene.

Also, we talked about it at work and decided we'd like to receive future preview episodes so there won't be any effort to get video/images from the preview DVDs, not that we'd be able to anyhow since these DVDs refused to load in a computer, so there must be some pretty good efforts at copy protection on them. Also, the barcodes on them scare us. However, I will try to get a picture of the packaging as it is pretty cool, and likely wouldn't violate any prerelease/copyright by the company.

Spoilers:
      Sorry, I was talking about Enterprise's season finale with someone and got it mixed up with these season premieres. Yes, Camulus survives to the end of New Order and requests asylum from the SGC. But, every guest appearance between Stargate and Andromeda lasts about 1-2 episodes, so if I had to guess, I'd say he bites the dust. But death doesn't seem to affect some characters.

The scene with Sumner and the Wraith female is great, and she does deliver the line. The Wraith are telepathic and able to read Sumner's mind about Earth and give him telepathic "pushes" to make him kneel, sort of like in "Dune" with the Bene Geserit.

Ending spoiler, read at own risk:
      Fifth survives and escapes in a small ship made of original replicators, although there's a cool surprise at the end on that ship.
      Last edited by Beagle; 12 June 2004, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Oooh, this sounds sooo cool.....
        sigpic

Comment

Well I'm glad to hear that Atlantis is looking really good! I've been saying it from the start (and the proof is on this forum) that Atlantis has potential to be excellent.
          "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

I agree, Atlantis shows a lot of promise not just from the characters but also from locations and villains. From the visuals, the city is big enough for the discovery of new technology whenever it's needed to progress the show, and hey, there's always the Stargate where you "can go really far and you don't need a car." I just hope we don't end up with too many technology-saves-the-day episodes given that the Ancients did develop pretty much everything there ever was, although the premise that the Wraith drove out the Ancients might prevent that. The main technology I would like to see at some point is where they're going to get food. I'm picturing them stumbling into a foodcourt at some point.

Comment

Atlantis sounds great, not to mention the replicators in season eight. I'm even more excited now than ever [needs to clam]
              __

__

Comment

My big question is will we still get to see Asgard later in the season or is this doom and gloom for them?
                thanks!

Comment

Well I just got another question.
                  What about Sheppard and Teyla? Will they kiss each other in "Rising"?
                  Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

I'll try to post some pics of the press kit Monday night.

Spoiler answers:
                    Nope, no kiss between Sheppard and Tayla. Just some sort of bow and forehead touch.

Also, clarification on Teal'c and Carter's trip to contact the Asgard. They head for the location of the Replicator world because they know the Asgard are monitoring that region. I mistakenly thought they went to the abandoned Ancient outpost area where they obtained the ZPG module to power the Earth defense weapon.

The Asgard should be fine after New Order. They obtain a very effective weapon to fight the Replicators, so we should see more of them this season.
                    Last edited by Beagle; 13 June 2004, 10:54 PM. Reason: Add info

Comment

Good spoilage...tnx a lot...it gave me more interest in both things...tnx A LOT again!!!

One question, Asgurad get a weapon to fight Replicartors....is that going ot be our, human, shutguns...and they're , little ones...gonna run around like Rambo...and shoot the Replicators? Sry...if it's lame...jsut couldn't stop imagening...so funny....*giggls*

Comment

A question, in Atlantis, does the Doctor have a big role in the premiere?
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

a better question....do all the charater get to develop enought in the pilot of ATL? How is the screen time destributed?

Comment

Screen time from most to least (not scientifically calculated, just from memory):
                            Sheppard
                            Weir
                            McKay
                            Lt. Ford
                            Tayla
                            Beckett
                            Extras

So, if by Doctor you mean Beckett (since Weir and McKay are also doctors), he doesn't have a ton of screen time, but he does deliver a few funny lines. McKay isn't nearly as annoying as he has been, but he still keeps his edginess.

Spoiler answers:
                            The anti-replicator weapon starts out as hand-held, but Thor, of course, always thinks bigger and makes a ship-size version. However, O'Neill does wield the hand-held, and as he's blasting bugs (that's the fx note on the screen) yells, "Who's your daddy!" Quite funny.

Comment

I was just wondering I read some where (can't remember where) that at the end of Lost city part 2 they were going to show Atlantis flying away from earth but decided not to show that scene as they wanted to show it at the start of Atlantis. Did they show Atlantis flying away from earth at the start of Rising. I was hoping they give us background story on the outpost on earth and also the woman from frozen (can’t remember her name).
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Spoiler answer
                                Yes, Atlantis is seen taking off at the beginning of the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X