Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Eldon be staying in Atlantis ?(Condemned spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beal
    If Atlantis didn't already have a "back-up scientist guy" already I'd expect to see some more of him, but Zelenkas here, and I can't see them doing a science scene with three brainy characters.
    Yeah, especially considering they already tried that and decided against it (Grodin).
    aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
      I agree. TPTB are bad about leaving loose ends. Sora, the Genii prisoner from "The Eye" was never seen or heard from again--we only have Martin Gero's word that she was returned to her people during Weir's negotiations with the Genii in "Siege 2"--but that scene wasn't shown!

So who knows what, if anything, will happen to Eldon? I'm thinking he gets dumped on the Athosians to take in.
      On the contrary, I think TPTB are just fine with loose ends. That's why SG-1's had recurring characters like Bra'tac, Rak'nor, Colonel Reynolds, Major Griff, Walter the chevron guy, and a host of others. There are ones whom we never hear from again, granted, but I think TPTB's track record is quite good in comparison to many other shows. It's possible that Eldon might not show up again, but I'd be more inclined to believe he'll turn up when we least expect it, like in a season 3 episode or something. TPTB like picking up on long-standing loose ends, especially with fun characters like Eldon.
      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        Long ago SG1 brought back a sweet little old lady from a prison planet (unjustly accused of course). If you remember. . .kindly Linea wasn't so sweet after all.

Too early to say if TPTB intend to even show this character again. He could join our Atlantis scientists, or he could be. . .uh. . .bad. Time will tell.
        Yea Tptb does that a lot not to mention with the nox last season season 4. and furlings.

Comment

I think it would be great if he popped up again...but I'm not sure it will happen to be honest...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Personally, if I was the SG:A team I really don't know that I would let him run free with knowledge of Atlantis's survival lest he spread the word and the Wraith find out. I would either A) keep him in the city and put him to work, B) let him move in with the Athosians if they'll have him or C) send him back to the SGC and let them worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
              Sure they're great with recurring characters--better than most tv shows, in fact! But I doubt we'll see Eldon again; he's not a recurring character. We might be told something (like Sora's return to her world), or maybe not (like Nayan in SG1).
              Zelenka wasn't originally intended as a recurring character either.

Comment

i was under the impresion after they found the first drained ZPM which only had enough power to get atlantis once that after the shields taking so much damage from the wraith that it too had to be drained some more. I figure why would they risk using more power to open the gate to earth unless it was absolute priority and safety issue.

Comment

i think we will be seeing more of eldon

Comment

Originally posted by slammed
                    i was under the impresion after they found the first drained ZPM which only had enough power to get atlantis once that after the shields taking so much damage from the wraith that it too had to be drained some more. I figure why would they risk using more power to open the gate to earth unless it was absolute priority and safety issue.
                    I don't think the new ZPM was drained very much. McKay stated that the shield would fail under the Wraith's bombardment in several days. That's a pretty long time, if you think about it. The ZPM had enough power to hold the shield up to constant, high-energy bombardment for days, and we tricked the Wraith and got them to leave in just a few hours. At worst, I think the ZPM is at like half its full power, probably more.

The ZPM from "Lost City," on the other hand, seemed to have been almost completely drained already, and that one trip to the Pegasus galaxy is just what sucked the last bit of power out of it. Jack made a power source in "The Fifth Race" that could open one wormhole to another galaxy out of a staff weapon's power source and random junk laying around the SGC, so I think the wormhole to another galaxy can't be that draining on such advanced power sources as ZPMs.

Comment

Eldon's a scientist the team met off-world who's already shown a great amount of inventiveness. He seems like he'd be useful to the science team, especially since he'd know about the technology that the "Condemned" planet has. Considering the Atlantis team's actions kind of preclude any further trading with them, he could become a valuable source of information for one of the few technologically advanced civilizations in the Pegasus galaxy.

I agree that he probably won't be a recurring background character, but I wouldn't be surprised to find him playing a part in a future episode where his expertise might prove useful.

Comment

what about Maren?
                        do you think they saved her?
                        i think they should have

Comment

Didn't look like she was with Weir's team after they left the city, and I seriously doubt they went back for her. Alas for poor Maren.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven
                            what about Maren?
                            do you think they saved her?
                            i think they should have
                            She wasn't in jumper 2 with Wier so I'd quess she's wraith food...

Comment

Unless, in a strange and ironic twist of fate, the Olesians are so advanced that their prisons are Wraith-proof. Then her being thrown in jail would've accidentally saved her life.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                                Zelenka wasn't originally intended as a recurring character either.
                                And so far, we haven't seen all that much of Zelenka. I'd prefer to see him more often, as his interactions with Rodney are priceless.

As for Eldon......I really don't know if he has the "it" you need to become a recurring a character. I suppose the fan response will probably help tptb make a decision.
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X