X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    Maybe the enzyme acts as an anaesthetic
    Doubtful, considering the enzyme is injected into everyone the Wraith feed on, and almost everyone still scream their throats raw in pain.

Regarding Dex and the surgery; it's TV. The point was to establish that Dex is an inhumanly hardcore badass. Who cares if it couldn't happen in real life? Lifeforms that evolved from bugs who can suck your life out through your chest also aren't around in real life.
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Personally, I think you'd need to ask a surgeon (preferably military surgeon) if such an operation can be done without the patient screeching and jumping 10 feet. Some people do have a high tolerance for pain but in this case, I think Shep's expression of "eeuuu" about summed it up.
      I was under the impression childbirth was the penultimate form of pain and suffering... and millions of women throughout history have gone without...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

So, if childbirth is the penultimate form of pain and suffering, what's the ultimate one?

Comment

The death of a 1000 paper cuts.

Comment

Yes I think Ronon taking surgery without flinching was not real life, but was consistent with his super-tough character. It is necessary to forget the weakness of the real human body to show interesting heroes.

His escaping without getting stitches was a bit puzzling though. Or should we assume that Beckett stitched him while he was consciousless?

I think also that was the moment to bind him up safely, and transport him to Atlantis. But then he wouldn't have fought with Ford and so on.

I would have preferred the surgery to take place inside the cave, in order to remain consistent with the solar exposure theme. Well it did take place at night but it began outside in what seemed to be a full afternoon. Not even under shadow.

Since nothing indicates a certain delay and the context seems to indicate that the operation began a few minutes after Ronon undressed, we must assume that it is a planet without evenings perhaps
            Last edited by Furling God; 04 August 2005, 01:51 AM.
            No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
            I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
            Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

I assumed that Beckett stitched him up during the little McKay/Ford scene right after Dex passes out.

As for the sudden shift from day to night, Beckett seemed to have set up some stuff. There was a spotlight behind him and Dex. Maybe that took a while to assemble. Plus, it's a surgical procedure so Beckett would want to sterilize everything the best he could. That means scrubbing in, cleaning and sterilizing the area on Dex's back where the incision's gonna be, etc. The planet could just have very short evenings that all of that stuff occupied off-camera.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                I assumed that Beckett stitched him up during the little McKay/Ford scene right after Dex passes out.
                Yes about this you must be right. You are often right.

The planet could just have very short evenings that all of that stuff occupied off-camera.
                Ok. I would have liked to see an evening though. Seemed we had missed a few hours without any indication that something had taken a few hours.

The team had started even before dawn.
                I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  I was under the impression childbirth was the penultimate form of pain and suffering... and millions of women throughout history have gone without...

Lol, so very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
                    Yes about this you must be right. You are often right.
                    Er... are you mocking me? If not, then thanks.
                    Ok. I would have liked to see an evening though. Seemed we had missed a few hours without any indication that something had taken a few hours.

The team had started even before dawn.
                    Yeah, some transitioning would've been nice, but I suppose those lighting effects and/or CG imagery of the sun rising and setting would've cost too much or something. Either way, I'm just fanwanking. Maybe the planet really doesn't have evenings or anything.

Comment

Er... are you mocking me?
                      No. In particular I appreciate the way you try to make a point instead of calling the post or the author illegitimate.

Yeah, some transitioning would've been nice, but I suppose those lighting effects and/or CG imagery of the sun rising and setting would've cost too much or something.

See, right again.

Comment

Oh, ok. Thanks, then. Have some green.

Comment

Working...
                        X