This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KundiSmack
    oh and they do have ancient technology so they could of just attached the life signs detector to see if there were any life signs. Also, I'd much rather have em just say "oh theres nobody there and heres a pic" then them actually go explore and reach the same conclusion wasting precious air time!
    Based on what was already indicated IN the episode, the residual radiation that the plants absorb and retain interfere with the emissions that the LSD tracks making it impossible to use the LSD for its appropriate function.
    McKAY: Well, you wouldn’t know that from this, would you? This might as well say, “Bing tiddle tiddle bong.” It’s complete gibberish!

Comment

I was personally tickled by the way the plants were said to store enough radiation to make the Ancient sensors on the PJ useless. This despite the fact that obviously the levels of radiation in the plants weren't high enough to even be worthy of mention when it came to hurting people.

So apparently if you're a Wraith and want to jam an Ancient sensor that's trying to lock onto you just turn on the microwave.

Ancient gunner: Don't worry sir as soon as his bean burrito's done cooking we own him.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        Well unless they're trying to fool us, the planet was definitely not hot. When Mckay took off the hood of the rubber suit, we could see his breath.
        UV exposure, as any Australian schoolchild from Melbourne of the four seasons in one day weather could tell you, doesn't depend on heat.

Comment

I agree with you and add this point to the realism discussion:

Doing surgery on somebody's back with something up against the spinal cord, without anesthetic?

ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY who has ever had surgery can tell you that old Ronan would have been screaming and jerking as he was cut and then he would have passed out from the pain.

And what about Stitches or Staples? Packing the wound?

Trust someone who has had MAJOR surgery and Minor Surgery with the scars to prove it....

That scene could never have happened.
          Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Let me just fanwank that one for you and say that Ronan's big and tough enough to take it... Really, really, tough.

Comment

and he did pass out
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                UV exposure, as any Australian schoolchild from Melbourne of the four seasons in one day weather could tell you, doesn't depend on heat.
                A cloudy day on the Gold Coast doesn't mean no UV exposure either...
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                  I agree with you and add this point to the realism discussion:

Doing surgery on somebody's back with something up against the spinal cord, without anesthetic?

ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY who has ever had surgery can tell you that old Ronan would have been screaming and jerking as he was cut and then he would have passed out from the pain.

And what about Stitches or Staples? Packing the wound?

Trust someone who has had MAJOR surgery and Minor Surgery with the scars to prove it....

That scene could never have happened.
                  Stitches? WE don't need no stinking stictches!

On TV people regularly get shot, stabbed, etc. etc. and just keep on going. However, if you are in a battlefield situation, you can keep going on with adrenaline and not notice you've been shot, but having someone slice open your back AND stick in a retractor (which would HURT!); I'd be handing over my bank account numbers if I hadn't passed out at that point. If you're not expecting the injury, you may not feel it (recalling a nasty accident with a box cutter) but well, I guess the fact that Dex could have surgery without passing out, etc. just shows he's made of strong stuff (aka TV he-man stuff).

I'd like to see Beckett try that on McKay. Ha! They'd be peeling the scientist off the CEILING.

Comment

Let me just fanwank that one for you and say that Ronan's big and tough enough to take it... Really, really, tough.
                    Truly, you have never been opened up. No one and I mean no one could ever have endured that kind of surgery without the screams being heard across the galaxy. Pass out...Becket must have shot him up with something.
                    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

never thought it did. I was just filling in the details in regards to the questions asked.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Truly, you have never been opened up. No one and I mean no one could ever have endured that kind of surgery without the screams being heard across the galaxy. Pass out...Becket must have shot him up with something.
                        Er, but when fanwanking one doesn't need to refer to real situations for explanations.

Comment

In keeping with this thread idea that some impossibilities are allowed to happen in a series' universe - if they are consistent within that universe - I'd point out that Dex also didn't cry out when the Wraith inserted the tracking device into his back.

I think it is quite likely that the Wraith, who have made a practice of using humans for sport, must have done more than just stick a tracker in him. They must have sooped up Dex's metabolism and stuff to make him more durable out in the field - more of a challenge. I mean if you're gonna cheat by sticking a tracker in him, even things out by giving him a physical advantage; it's only sporting....

Ford didn't go down or show pain after Rodney and Shep shot him, either.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                            In keeping with this thread idea that some impossibilities are allowed to happen in a series' universe - if they are consistent within that universe - I'd point out that Dex also didn't cry out when the Wraith inserted the tracking device into his back.
                            Maybe the enzyme acts as an anaesthetic
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Well...... don't think we're going to see a focus group on this any time soon. ..."Oh by the way, in this group, we're going to cut open a two-inch incision on you, stick in a set of retractors, AND remove something from. All without the benefit of any kind of painkiller!"

Uh huh, yup...

Personally, I think you'd need to ask a surgeon (preferably military surgeon) if such an operation can be done without the patient screeching and jumping 10 feet. Some people do have a high tolerance for pain but in this case, I think Shep's expression of "eeuuu" about summed it up.

Comment

Have to say that 'eeuuu' look from Shep was priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X