This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of 80? wherre did u get that from?
    why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
    Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

well check the authenticity on friday its being played again

Comment

. I can't wait. I never got to see that episode, and frankly, that and Sanctuary sounded like the best. P.S. Chaya=hot.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by Render
          ja, but back to the whole cloak thing, there must be some way for a mass armada to search for one because a) firing at random in space would be uselss oyu would have less than .01% of hitting the ship and b) how would they find it if there was not random shooting?
          Its likely they can't cloak until they exit and clear the hyperspace window. If the Wraith had enough ships with the right weapons in orbit of the planet, they could blast the area with saturation fire and a couple of good hits would be all you need probably to direct your fight more and more accuratly.

Its interesting though. The Ancients have to exit hyperspace on the far side of the blockade. Replicator ships can enter hyperspace at ground level. And the F-302 could enter hyperspace inside a planets atmosphere. Of course it might be that exiting hyperspace is different to entering it for some reason.
          --
          The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

> Dr. Weir takes us back to the past with the ancients and the ancients
            > themselfs describe 3 powerful war ships sent for a deligation for a treaty
            > with the wraith

I don't know where you're pulling these numbers from, but the Ancients didn't specify 3 ships, and they certainly didn't describe them. It was the sickly Dr. Weir, from the past, laying in the medical bed who said:

"The Lantians sent a delegation, protected by their most powerful warships, in the faint hope of negotiating a truce. One on one, the Lantian ships were more powerful. But the Wraith were soo many. After that great battle, it was only a matter of time."

Then they cut back to the past where the hologram lady Ancient says they are waiting for the last of their offworld transport ships, the one that is destroyed later on with "over 300 people" on it.

> Also on a fine note the ancient satalite system is ONE of 80 diffrent weapons

La da de da, NEVER, and I hate how soo many people make stuff up on tv show forums, and then it starts to spread like it's true.

Comment

They said that they sent a delegation of their most powerful ships (we can assume military power not engine power) no numbers were give IIRC.

Comment

Heres a question and answer form the Ask Martin Gero thread.

Originally posted by Martin Gero
                On the Sci-Fi Atlantis site it says PuddleJumpers are 1 of 5 ships found in Atlantis, is this true or just false information?

1. That site isn’t controlled or run by us, so no, that’s not solid info.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris O'Farrell
                  Its likely they can't cloak until they exit and clear the hyperspace window. If the Wraith had enough ships with the right weapons in orbit of the planet, they could blast the area with saturation fire and a couple of good hits would be all you need probably to direct your fight more and more accuratly.

Its interesting though. The Ancients have to exit hyperspace on the far side of the blockade. Replicator ships can enter hyperspace at ground level. And the F-302 could enter hyperspace inside a planets atmosphere. Of course it might be that exiting hyperspace is different to entering it for some reason.
                  Well when you come out of hyper space you need time and space to decelerate (see SG1- Lost City Part 2), and assuming that the transport was a decent sixed ship (bigger then the cargo ship in the lost city I'd have thought, may make decleration harder, particualrly near a planet, where you'll have the planets gravity pulling you down.

As for enetring, might be summin like the size of the window required, small ships probably require small windows, where by ships like prometheus, may take away most of anything in the surrounding area, kinda like in Halo, when the covenant ship jumps to wotever they call it in halo, while inside the earth city. (Ok mixing sci-fi story lines probs ain;t a good idea but prooves my point )

Comment

antaeogo

its a personal opinion and a estermation over the series ive seen, i have not said THESE points to be true but adding somthing else to the topic to ignite flare in your imaginations over the ancients.

And if your really as fed up of the "lies" as you are then i sugest you do your homework or read the post properly before running your mouth over certain things.

Freedom of speach gives us all our own opinion. thank you.
                    Last edited by Jonas Quiinn; 22 June 2005, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Also is recall on "The siege part 1 & part 2" that when analising the ancient database the weapons and defense technologies in it would fill all hard drive space of ALL computers same as all other areas such as shields, personal equipment and other ancient blabber.

to think there isnt anything else in there is just insanity, these guys were the ancients the most advanced race known to stargate they have and still are the most powerful enterties ever to face.

and to be honist id like to see furlings and asgard in pegasus to help with atlantis that would be a great twist.

Comment

> its a personal opinion and a estermation over the series ive seen
                        > i have not said THESE points to be true

You said: "the ancients themselfs describe 3 powerful war ships".

They did not.

... continue ...

> And if your really as fed up of the "lies" as you are then i sugest you do
                        > your homework or read the post properly before running your mouth over
                        > certain things.

You stated that something happened in the series that didn't; I corrected you. I know this puts me in an adversarial position, because people hate to be corrected, but avoid the ad hominem. Thanks.

Also, I said I hate when people "make stuff up". I hate many things, Oh well. WRT this particular case, the 80 different weapons was pulled out of nowhere. This was glaring enough for me to make a comment.

As for your opinions and the rest, no one said you couldn't keep on doing what you do. After all, I was expressing how I feel about people making stuff up. And how those falsehoods are spread around the forum.

But anyway, if you want to protract this, you can do it in private. That's the end of it in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hungrytrash
                          . I can't wait. I never got to see that episode, and frankly, that and Sanctuary sounded like the best. P.S. Chaya=hot.
                          Definalty I agree.

But anyway back on topic. Of course their are other ships it took 15 hours in a PJ to get to the satalite. (I think) Well thats a long time im sure they have something faster. The PJ is a Gateship not an intersolar system or interstellar ship. Notice they havn't found anything with a hyperdrive. I bet they won't!

Comment

why do you think they wont?

p.s. not that it matters with the daedalus around
                            why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
                            Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

Why would the puddle jumpers need hyperdrives? They go through the stargate...thats a much better method of travel. The bigger ships i am sure had hyperdrives.

Comment

The wraith have the tech to 'uncloak' Ancients tech, see THE DEFIANT ONE - S1, when the tough wraith uses his little machine to uncloak SGA's puddle jumper.

Comment

Working...
                                X