This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helo
    Most people SGA have met so far have been primitive. Primitive people = primitive weapons. I think i'd want a helmet if people were using clubs and bows for weapons.
    You know, I hadn’t even thought about primitive weapons… makes a lot of sense. It would also explain why the “nobles” don’t wear the mask. Nobles generally wouldn’t be up close and personal with the food stocks…

Comment

Allright here's a question. Every Wraith dart pilot so far has been a "noble" right? Even though every "noble" amy not be a pilot. Why don't they have helmets?
      302's lead the way!

Comment

A combination of things pride, skill, regeneration(the wraith arn't bad pilots their autopilot/remote pilot whatever it was shook our guys pretty good.)

Comment

they might simple not need to wear them... if the pilots never get close enough to the prey why bother with the mask?

Comment

Yeah that was my thought. Mabey the pilots have a different type of helmet. I guess we'll find out when Shep. pilots the dart.
            302's lead the way!

Comment

shep pilots a dart?? info please.

Comment

http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/

Go here and watch the Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Sneak Peek Commercial.
                At 12 seconds in someone says "Major Shep. gets a change to pilot a Wraith dart."
                302's lead the way!

Comment

cool! hope we get to see inside.

Comment

I know! I can't waaait that long.
                    302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                      Allright here's a question. Every Wraith dart pilot so far has been a "noble" right? Even though every "noble" amy not be a pilot. Why don't they have helmets?
                      Look at our military. Every pilot is an officer, but not every officer is a pilot. So then you might ask why our pilots don't wear body armor.

Answer: because they really shouldn't need to. They're usually not going to be getting up close and personal with those they're fighting, but rather attacking from the air and beaming people up to a holding cell.

Comment

Not a helmet like the ground ones have. But like a flight helemt..like you see Shep. wearing in the trailer.
                        302's lead the way!

Comment

I want to know how the wraiths beam technology works. Is it a transporter or does it minimize the person kinda like the stargate does. Because the darts arn't big enough to hold 10-12 people like they were picking up when shep watched them raid.

Comment

It def. "shrinks" them or what have you.
                            302's lead the way!

Comment

We don't know for sure there are several possibilities ill only go in to 1 though

when you are transported all the matter in your body is converted in to energy, that energy is transmitted to where every and then converted back, but when a dart transports something it converts matter to energy and keeps it as energy until it gets back to the hive ship and then the transport is completed when the humans are put in there cocoons

P.S. If you don’t get what i am trying to say then tell me and i will try to explain it a different way

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                                It def. "shrinks" them or what have you.
                                well, we assume that the "passengers" are kept in the dart. What if the Dart acted as a mobile transport ”closet”. Maybe it just beams the food back to a collection point (hive ship)

Comment

Working...
                                X