Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the daedalus wont be alone.........the asgard will probebly come as well, the ZPM will open up a new swarm of drones and the wraith fleet will rain donw hell upon the ships while atlantis sinks the city and cloaks it by using the expanding cloaking field of a PJ. the ships will give a good fight and then flee, using thier shield to go under the water just like atlantis.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Nope, and Nope.

The wraiths may have deffrent clans and what not but they all have a common problem. Food shortage. Makes no sense to fight each other yet. Don't expect that until later.

Second, An asgard ship would kill the show. It shouldn't be that easy. The only other option which I am open to is the wraith destroying some asgards.
      Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Nope, and Nope.

The wraiths may have deffrent clans and what not but they all have a common problem. Food shortage. Makes no sense to fight each other yet. Don't expect that until later.

Second, An asgard ship would kill the show. It shouldn't be that easy. The only other option which I am open to is the wraith destroying some asgards.
        Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Sure it does.

Think about it in a situation where everyone is looking at possible starvation group B finds out that group A has been selfishly hiding the location of a possible secret food store of virtually limitless size.

Group B is not going to be happy at all and naturally group A is not going to be happy to see group B either. Each force also knows that if it can whipe out the other than the spoils will belong to them.

Then you have as another point that it's also classic predator behavior. When two predators arrive at the same feeding site they will fight each other to establish ownership of it, especially during a food shortage.

Comment

the hidden defenses makes sense, i think they will make it trough the attack having the Dedalus destroy the two ships get the message that more ships are coming and they open a hyperspace window and excape as soon as the wraith get there. not as exciting but very very reasonable.

Comment

yes its most likely, although i think the daedalus going underwater or inside the actual city's shield is possible - they have to repair it remember; the asgard will be in atlantis, theres an asgard on the daedalus.............hows he getting home? plus if you had a cloning and genetic problem then wouldnt u want to work in an incredible advanced medical facility like atlantis, have access to research on genetic the ancients did and have humans to study while your there?
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

I don't think it can be the hidden defences because the wraith fleet proper turns up and if they can defeat that the ancients would have been able to as well. From the hints and spoilers of othe episodes it seems they destroy this initial attack of three wraith hiveships and their support ships but they hide/run away/something from the rest of this giant fleet that suddenly appears. If they can defeat this entire fleet much of the threat factor would be removed early on and it makes the ancients less credible and their pretending to be destroyed gambit less plausible.

Comment

from my idea in another thread the moon rotates and reveils a base and it fires at the ship destorying all of it

Comment

ha yeah rite! you think the SGA have spent 4 month finding a defence and they didnt check out everything in the own back yard..........!
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

hey they been there for like 10 million years they have defence satilites who knows what they would have done with the natural satilites

Comment

dont get defensive your theory is flawed on soo many levels!
                        * atlantis doesnt have a moon, we know that!
                        * the ancients wouldnt have used an enitre moon!
                        * and the wraith would of destroyed the thing if they had of!
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Allright I think mostly everybody agrees that the first three Wraith hiveships are taken out by the SGA crew. What we don't know is the size of the real Wraith fleet and how exactly they are going to be destroyed (if at all). Martin Wood said in his interview that Siege 3 "..has three big hills and some loops in the middle as well as other twists that keep you off balance." I think there's gonna be another major twist and that's what will save the SGA.
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

This is though guys it's not just the two hiveships it's two hiveships and 9 cruisers and a couple thousand darts.

I don't really think the writers are going to try and convince us the Daedalus can take all that on.

Even if They took out both the hiveships by some miracle they'd still have nine lesser capital ships to deal with and a swarm of darts.

I'm betting (hoping) that the Daedalus doesn't even appear over Atlantis at all. If they were smart they'd just fly into the Pegasus galaxy, find a gate on another planet and gate deliver the ZPM to Atlantis.

Easier, faster and a lot safer.

Comment

No offense, but why woulden't the Daedalus go to Atlantis? The Daedalus is earth's next generation BATTLE CRUISER. And keep in mind that to everyone on the Daedalus that there are only three Wraith hive ships. They don't know about the bigger fleet coming. Also, SG-1 and SGA follow the "never leave a man behind" rule. Col. Everett came through the gate with only a handfull of reinforcements, not in the hope of defeating the 3 hiveships, but stalling enough so the Daedalus could come with the ZPM. Remember in "The Lost City Part 2" when Gen. Hammon ordered Prometheus to ram Anubis's mothership? Im betting if it came to that, Col. Caldwell would do the same thing. Whew sorry if thats a little long.
                              302's lead the way!

Comment

Daedalus is supposed to go over Atlantis. It somehow manages to defeat the current ships that are in orbit, 2 Hive & 9 Cruisers & countless Darts. It gets battle damaged & is grounded for a few eps.

From the spoiler pics it shows Shep on the bridge & sparks in the background.

So this has to happen at the start of the episode, otherwise he'd have blown himself up in the suicide run. Another alternative is that the Wraith detect his approach & capture him. Making the Daedalus not having to show up at the start & instead could come in around the middle of the episode, attack the hive ships & rescue the taken Atlantis crew members.

Either way if it shopws up at the start or later on in the episode. It still manages to come out victorious but damaged in the ensuing battle.

There has been a spoiler released also that tells you, Caldwell is speaking to Weir in Atlantis & says we have your people on board. (It has to be more than Shep, So presumably it's the Marines that had been taken by the Darts in 'The Siege II'. Then he goes on to say about arming the warhead & waiting on your orders to deploy it.

So this must mean that it's gonna be one bigass blast that will take them all or a large majority of them out. Perhaps them trying to outrun the shockwave is what causes the sparks in the spoiler pics.

That's what I would have gone for as the complete scenario, before the Spoilers from Martin Wood about there being a bigger fleet on the way.

However it's possible that they find out from someone Teyla, Ford, One of the beam up's or maybe a captured Wraith. That another bigger fleet is on it's way. It's possible though that they don't come in 'The Siege III' & instead are travelling from one of the other quadrants of the galaxy. So they might not be in the proximity of Atlantis for a few coming weeks/months yet.

Another variation of this is Daedalus battles the other ships that are currently there. Takes out the 2 Hive ships & a couple of the Crusiers. The rest retreat back as they know reinforcements are on the way. Then Atlantis or Daedalus's long range sensors detect a huge window opening & they launch the Missile/Nuke into it that I was talking about above when Caldwell & Weir are talking. That detonates & takes out everything in one swoop before they exit. The few cruisers who escape panic & try to run for cover. Then they send the 302's & Jumpers from the city after them & track them down & destroy them. Daedalus docks on one of the city's arms for repairs to be carried out. While the shield is up & running in all it's glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X