This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keffler
    It was a transport ship that was downed not a hive ship, full of food for the besiegers.
    I think he was talking about in Seige I, when it was powered by a naquadah generator, and could have theoretically get all three, but only got one of them due to a overload/break in the power conduits or something complex like that (I saw it, but can't explain it well). Anyhow, you're right about the transport, and I'm suprised it didn't get more the first time, unless the logic is that it was hopelessly outnumbered (which seems unlike, as there was a ring of them).

Anyhow, they prolly could have done a lot more than a nuking-PJ, but I was talking about in "Before I Sleep", and I'm suprised that they left stuff there, instead of fighting more (unless they realized it'd do no good at all)

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
      Presumably though the ancients would have been able to make more puddle jumpers rather than having the finite number we do. They wouldn't have to do exactly what we are doing, just something along similar lines. Since a ZPM can destroy an entire solar system, I'm sure they could have thought up a weapon more devastating that could destroy a wraith assault fleet rather than a single hive ship. Don't forget we are using 1945 level nukes. They wouldn't even need to use a puddle jumper, they could make it missile like, i.e. its much smaller, has its own cloak and propulsion, and position itself and bang. The level of tech superiority they have given the ancients, the numbers of wraith and the ancients not being able to defeat the wraith really doesn't add up. After all that damaged wepaons platform immediately took out an entire hive ship, five of those could deal with a lot. In the defiant one, we see a downed wraith hive ship, they could down it but not destroy it? Even the numbers excuse of being too many wraith, things don't add up. Writers think harder, make it all balance next time.
      Think of it this way. There are hundreds maybe even a thousand Wraith Hive Ships surrounding Alantis. They keep knocking them out of the sky but more keep coming. They don't have enough resources to knock them all out and so thats why they can't win and give up.

Comment

They probable are smarter than we give them credit they are probably just in a hurry so they didn't check the planet carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
          Think of it this way. There are hundreds maybe even a thousand Wraith Hive Ships surrounding Alantis. They keep knocking them out of the sky but more keep coming. They don't have enough resources to knock them all out and so thats why they can't win and give up.
          Yeah, I'm not arguing the basic premise, but it'd didn't look like a hundred to a thousand in orbit in "Before I Sleep". I'm not suprised they lost, I just sort of feel (maybe unjustifiably) that the Ancients didn't try all that hard. I sort of think they could have managed a gate-based evac to the MW or something, or sent the PJs to protect the transport. I don't know, that was just a sort of off the cuff remark. I wasn't criticizing writers or anything.

Comment

Working...
          X