Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was all her fault true and yes the geni should've of shot him because he was going to die a very painful death when the warith were going to suck him dry..... but she is very big-hearted even though it creeps me out that she's like half-wraith
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Socar_the_creator
      It was all her fault true and yes the geni should've of shot him because he was going to die a very painful death when the warith were going to suck him dry..... but she is very big-hearted even though it creeps me out that she's like half-wraith
      She's not half Wraith. She's got about the same amount that Shep does with his Ancoent gene. Which is only a little bit.

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
      Spoiler:
      SCI-FI....
      I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

Originally posted by Socar_the_creator

Spoiler tags would be useful, as there are people who haven't seen these episodes yet.

FoolishPleasure I agree with you about Rachel being caught in the middle that woman needs a hug *grins* and as for TPTB? Don't get me started on them. I just wished that they'd given Teyla some background, before fully bringing her in.

Darth Buddha...*hug* your post said it all.

Strange...actually, no it isn't strange, for some reason people/fans seem to have two sets of rules, when it comes to this. You know the whole it's all right for someone to do something wrong etc it's not their fault....unless it Teyla.

Maybe it's just me, but am I missing something here? Granted that I am a...supporter (sounds better than fan) *shrug* of Teyla/Rachel, but I'm not bias, I'm trying to see it from both pov's, but so far I have no clear reason for why people hate/dislike Teyla, expect she's always in the wrong so have I missed something?

At the end of the day Teyla doesn't think she did anything wrong, with killing Tyrus, she felt she had no choice. Wouldn't you do the same if you were in her place?

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

wow, you guys have made a lot of good points here. i may not like teyla. but it's only 'cause her character is not developed and when they try to deveplope it, she comes across as a baby (they should find better ways of character developement). and i also don't like her choice in outfits, i mean come on! just 'cause she's not military, doesn't mean that she shouldn't have to abide by the same dress code.

but that said, they could've written her a lot worse. and yea, i've wanted to smash John on the face a few times.
          Save us from danger, save us from evil
          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

and i also don't like her choice in outfits, i mean come on! just 'cause she's not military, doesn't mean that she shouldn't have to abide by the same dress code.

Oh yeah, someone's fashion sense is a good reason not to like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
              Ah, having felt the burn of fanboys once, I'll take a while before going to bat a second time.
              lol! You have to have thick skin to post on-line. A lesson I learned years ago.

Teyla's character doesn't bother me. But to be honest, she doesn't stand out much either. For someone who is supposed to be a 'top-tier' character, she doesn't shine through.

And, yes, I'll agree that she is criticized for some characteristics and traits that others have had in SG1 or Atlantis. So the question is, why is the character not liked? I don't think it's the actress herself, she seems competent. So what is it?

I sometimes get the feeling that they tried to make this character both super-feminine and super-masculine at the same time. Very tough and rough, yet very feeling and sexy. The combination doesn't sit well for some reason.

Droops

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                I sometimes get the feeling that they tried to make this character both super-feminine and super-masculine at the same time. Very tough and rough, yet very feeling and sexy. The combination doesn't sit well for some reason.
                Teyla seems to have been a bit more feminine in the beginning. .even though she didn't have much to do.

Lately TPTB have made her much more "butch". . kicking butt, smacking people around ("Gift" and "Siege"). She is wearing skimpier clothes that show off how "buff" she is.

The feminine side seems to have been lost somewhere. Maybe that is what bothers me about her.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

lol! You have to have thick skin to post on-line. A lesson I learned years ago.
                  Oh, that I have.

But there is some wisdom in not courting too much controversy at one time.

Teyla's character doesn't bother me. But to be honest, she doesn't stand out much either. For someone who is supposed to be a 'top-tier' character, she doesn't shine through.
                  Not yet, it would seem.

And, yes, I'll agree that she is criticized for some characteristics and traits that others have had in SG1 or Atlantis. So the question is, why is the character not liked? I don't think it's the actress herself, she seems competent. So what is it?

Sounds like Lara Croft.... maybe she needs to start bossing Shep around to make it work.

Comment

maybe she needs to start bossing Shep around to make it work.
                    She already tried that and was crucified in fandom for it. I don't think there is anything they can do to make people like her. It seems as if some fans' minds were made up before Teyla even uttered a word onscreen.
                    Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

Droops
                      Blame the tomboy in me, but have absolutely no problem with women who are both sexy and in touch with their feelings ("feminine" traits, apparently) and aggressive and physically strong ("masculine" traits, apparently). I'm quite tired of female role models on TV that are demure, take a back seat whenever men make decisions, and are less apt to speak their mind. This is why I like characters like Xena (even though the series was way over the top), Buffy, Ivonova from B5, Starbuck from BSG and I have high hopes for Teyla. If anything, Teyla's aggressiveness could be an excellent counterpart for Weir, who sadly had more of the "stay-at-home-mom" role in season one. (Writers, could you change that next season please?)

Comment

Sure... if she bosses him around and is proven RIGHT, unequivocally, then it would work.

Teyla: "You must NOT go down that corridor. Our traditions say it is death to any non-wraith."

Shp: "Ah, that's just superstition., I'm going."

Z-A-A-A-A-P.

Shep (leaping out of the way at the last posible second, but still getting his butt browned): "OWWWW!"

Teyla: "I told you!"

The problem is when her advice is wrong or flawwed. Like the Genii. She was completely snowed by the Genii. Teal'c didn't make errors like that.. the writers were more kind to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Blame the tomboy in me, but have absolutely no problem with women who are both sexy and in touch with their feelings ("feminine" traits, apparently) and aggressive and physically strong ("masculine" traits, apparently). I'm quite tired of female role models on TV that are demure, take a back seat whenever men make decisions, and are less apt to speak their mind. This is why I like characters like Xena (even though the series was way over the top), Buffy, Ivonova from B5, Starbuck from BSG and I have high hopes for Teyla. If anything, Teyla's aggressiveness could be an excellent counterpart for Weir, who sadly had more of the "stay-at-home-mom" role in season one. (Writers, could you change that next season please?)
                          AMEN to all of that.

Sure... if she bosses him around and is proven RIGHT, unequivocally, then it would work.
                          Hee! Gotcha.

The problem is when her advice is wrong or flawwed.
                          But, again, this begs the question: why does Teyla have to 100% right and perfect for people to like her when no one else is held to the same standard?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            . . . I like characters like Xena (even though the series was way over the top), Buffy, Ivonova from B5, Starbuck from BSG and I have high hopes for Teyla. If anything, Teyla's aggressiveness could be an excellent counterpart for Weir, who sadly had more of the "stay-at-home-mom" role in season one. (Writers, could you change that next season please?)
                            Its funny. . cause I really liked Xena. . .I loved Ivanova on B5. . and Starbuck is my fav on BSG. But even in those shows, those characters had a very feminine side - Ivanova and Starbuck have even been seen in sexy-dress, and being flirty.

TPTB have tinkered with Teyla way too much all season to the point where people can't get a grip on the character. One week she is being kind to someone, the next week she is belting people in the chops, the week after she is part Wraith, the next week she is accusing people of not "understanding" (oh dear. .that sounds like my teenager). They need to give us a Teyla we can associate with. Personally, I would like to see Teyla having FUN or at least smile more. She isn't Teal'c for gosh sakes! (Is someone listening?? Rachel has a fab smile!)

I'm just hoping TPTB give us a more stable character next year - someone we can understand and care for.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              I'm just hoping TPTB give us a more stable character next year - someone we can understand and care for.
                              I, too, hope they give us a little more of her character. However, I already understand and care for her.

Comment

*jumps in*
                                TPTB have tinkered with Teyla way too much all season to the point where people can't get a grip on the character. One week she is being kind to someone, the next week she is belting people in the chops, the week after she is part Wraith, the next week she is accusing people of not "understanding" (oh dear. .that sounds like my teenager). They need to give us a Teyla we can associate with.
                                I can see that and agree. (even tho it hasn't turned me off.)

Personally, I would like to see Teyla having FUN or at least smile more. She isn't Teal'c for gosh sakes! (Is someone listening?? Rachel has a fab smile!)
                                well TPTB are trying the whole "deep rooted pshycological (sp?) trama" card, most likily trying to pull in the non-fans with sypathy.

well here TPTB have ****ed themselves if teyla stablizes then fans will most likily see it as another inconsistancy i.e. a "how did she change so quickly" problem. but this is just IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X