X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    In spoilers because slightly off topic!

Spoiler:
    I had just a fantastic time! Met some wonderful people on GW. Nope, I don't know FireFly but I have read some of her posts.

Jay Acovone said I had a nice smile. He was really really nice! I wasn't going to get a photo op with him (money constraints) but after watching him in the Cabaret Friday night when he was told he was going to have to do it and he had no material prepared, I developed alot of respect for him. Teryl had to backout of the con and Steve Bacic had to move to Sunday and they were both scheduled for the Cabaret so Jay was somehow chosen to fill in. He made it work with alittle help from Dan Shea. I got a photo op with him, it takes alot of guts to do what he did and he was really nice.

I got to meet the author Elizabeth Christensen and talk with her and her husband. Two very wonderful and sweet people. We talked Zelenka and David Nykl - her co-author, Sonny Whitelaw, has met David. I got her book Exogenesis which has alot of Zelenka in it. The book is really good and I love reading the Zelenka parts. They really got his character down and it is so different reading Zelenka in a book versus watching the character on screen.

I got to sit next to Cliff and Paul for two minutes each - Paul being my highlight and the unexpected hug he gave me was a highpoint of the weekend for me. Got a really nice photo with Paul - he is just so cuddable and his eyes are just wonderful!

My roommate was wonderful and alot of fun. She introduced me to people and by some bizzare chance happening, her seat was next to mine. She got to talk Dutch with Cliff, get up on stage with Paul and run her hand through Michael Shanks hair - you have to go to Paul's and Michael's threads to get those updates.

So I made a really good friend and I met someone who is going to get me David's autograph in November!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time, you sound a lot better too, here's hoping your time away is just what was needed

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Sounds like you had a wonderful time, you sound a lot better too, here's hoping your time away is just what was needed
      Thanks Reefgirl. I had a great time and it was just what I had needed. I met so many wonderful people, got lots of hugs - the best ones being from Paul who is really a great hugger! I couldn't have asked for a better vacation, the only thing better would have been David Nykl being there!

Here's to Zelenka!!!

Here's another beer for you Pajus!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

It's great to hear you're feeling better

Comment

I've got from work a little earlier today, so I've been able to photograph this:

Spoiler:
          Headquarters of the Masaryk University in Brno (please forgive the low quality of the picture... I'm not a skilled photographer and I only have a cell phone camera)

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            I've got from work a little earlier today, so I've been able to photograph this:

Spoiler:
            Headquarters of the Masaryk University in Brno (please forgive the low quality of the picture... I'm not a skilled photographer and I only have a cell phone camera)

He he, Pajus. You're wrong, the building with the masaryk's statue in front of it is not the headquarters (the rector's office) it's the Faculty of Medicine on Komenskeho square.

This is the building of rector's office - the heart of the university - located on Zerotinovo square.

I have to know, Masaryk university is my Alma Mater after all.
            "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
              He he, Pajus. You're wrong, the building with the masaryk's statue in front of it is not the headquarters (the rector's office) it's the Faculty of Medicine on Komenskeho square.

This is the building of rector's office - the heart of the university - located on Zerotinovo square.

I have to know, Masaryk university is my Alma Mater after all.
              I'm just a stupid guy from the VUT and I'm sorry... Does it mean that you live quite close to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                It's great to hear you're feeling better
                Nice picc's Reefgirl!
                Radek always makes me feel better! Okay, where'd my clone to?

Had my big meeting with my boss's boss this afternoon. Was very interesting. Changes are happening all over. They did what they did to me because of my skill set, flexibility, multi-tasking capablities and able to handle change well and where I am getting move to will have the most changes happening to it at a fast pace. Sure would have been nice if my boss had taken that approach with me instead of "I didn't think you cared about what products you had." etc., etc., etc. A few other things were said that I won't go into.
                She said to trust her and talk to her again in a few weeks when the big changes were announced and see if I still felt the same way about my product mix. Basically she asked me to trust her because she couldn't go into details about the changes happening. I can do that but I still plan on networking for other alternatives. Got a contact to setup a meeting to discuss going into Training/teaching/mentoring which is an area I would like to get into.

sigpic

Comment

I'm just a stupid guy from the VUT and I'm sorry... Does it mean that you live quite close to me?
                  Okay Pajus, you are not just a stupid guy......after all, you have taught me the fine art of how to use a lightsaber!

Is this the University that Radek went to or taught at?
                  sigpic

Comment

Pajus, you're not stupid. And the piccie you posted is really good, I couldn't come up with anything that good using cell phone camera.

To answer your question, I don't live in Brno or anywhere near, I'm from Mlada Boleslav, but I spent five wonderful years in Brno studying law.

This is the picture of the building I spent most of the time in (when not partying or doing other silly things that are essential parts of student's life )

Faculty of Law on Veveri street

Okay Pajus, you are not just a stupid guy......after all, you have taught me the fine art of how to use a lightsaber!

Yup, Rosehawk, that's the one. He was offered a teaching job there before he joined the Atlantis expedition.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                      Pajus, you're not stupid. And the piccie you posted is really good, I couldn't come up with anything that good using cell phone camera.

To answer your question, I don't live in Brno or anywhere near, I'm from Mlada Boleslav, but I spent five wonderful years in Brno studying law.

This is the picture of the building I spent most of the time in (when not partying or doing other silly things that are essential parts of student's life )

Faculty of Law on Veveri street

Yup, Rosehawk, that's the one. He was offered a teaching job there before he joined the Atlantis expedition.
                      Do you have a picture of the 'Natural sciences building'? I think it's the one on Nerudova street. That would be the most likely place for Zelenka to teach in

Comment

That reminds me: Are you ready for your next lesson, youngling?

Comment

Masaryk University has 9 Faculties - Law, Medicine, Science, Arts, Education, Economics, Informatics, Social Studies, Sports Studies.

Science Faculty's a logical choice for Zelenka. But there are several departments at the faculty.

Here are the ones that come into question:

Department of Matematics and Statistics
                          (Janackovo square)

Department of Physical Electronics and Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (most likely)
                          (complex of buildings on Kotlarska street - the Botanical Garden is part of the complex)

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Nice picc's Reefgirl!
                            Radek always makes me feel better! Okay, where'd my clone to?

Had my big meeting with my boss's boss this afternoon. Was very interesting. Changes are happening all over. They did what they did to me because of my skill set, flexibility, multi-tasking capablities and able to handle change well and where I am getting move to will have the most changes happening to it at a fast pace. Sure would have been nice if my boss had taken that approach with me instead of "I didn't think you cared about what products you had." etc., etc., etc. A few other things were said that I won't go into.
                            She said to trust her and talk to her again in a few weeks when the big changes were announced and see if I still felt the same way about my product mix. Basically she asked me to trust her because she couldn't go into details about the changes happening. I can do that but I still plan on networking for other alternatives. Got a contact to setup a meeting to discuss going into Training/teaching/mentoring which is an area I would like to get into.

Just hope you'll be happy with the results of whatever's going on...

Comment

Just hope you'll be happy with the results of whatever's going on...
                              Thanks Pajus.
                              Well, as with just about anything there are always risks, that's why I am not putting all of my eggs into one basket and I am still going to continue networking to find something different.

My department basically reorganized job responsiblities. I had the most active and difficult product responsiblities which was challenging, which I liked. I got moved into a simple product line (in my opinion) that wasn't going to challenge me and I went to my boss about what options I had available. If I was going to keep this assignment, I needed something more like a project. Needless to say he did not handle the conversation well -and said some things he shouldn't have. His boss told me today that this simple product line was not going to be so simple in about a month and is going to explode and they thought I was the best fit for the job because I like the challenge and have the skills to be able to react quickly. Now why couldn't he have told me that!

Wow, the past two weeks have been quite eventful!

And seeing this is so relaxing!

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Do you have a picture of the 'Natural sciences building'? I think it's the one on Nerudova street. That would be the most likely place for Zelenka to teach in
                                Now, I would like to have taken a few classes that Zelenka taught!

Originally posted by Pajus
                                That reminds me: Are you ready for your next lesson, youngling?
                                Yep. Got a long weekend, so I should be able to practice!

Nice pics you two!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X