Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defying Gravity - News/Articles/Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the 3rd episode now.

I really love this show so far.

Sad it's getting low ratings and will probably get the boot

Comment

Defying Gravity - Episode 1.06 - Bacon - Synopsis

Spoiler:
      Some crew members struggle with guilt; a serious accident puts a crew member's life in danger.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/search...ying%20Gravity

Comment

A slow burner episode, but bought up few interest facts, beta shows everyone who it wants to talk images of mars.
        We sure the men in black, I think they even had the sunglasses.
        We got ourselves the first look at beta, so far it a yellow light, but the cargo pod seem empty.
        We also learnt that beta can enact it plan from where ever it is, .

Any one think someone going to be getting pregnant on this little voyage through the solar system mainly Zoe Barnes an Ron Livingston, it only fair after they muck up beta previous handy work.

I felt sorry for the Ajay Sharma and the way they treated him, but I can bet you that he going to end up saving there arses up there on the space ship.

I wish we learnt more about who was uploading new data to the venus lander, I am not buying that it was ground control, seem against procedure and to clean.
        Last edited by knowles2; 10 August 2009, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Definitely a slow episode, but I am enjoying this show thus far. I hope for some more action in future episodes.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i missed last night's ep, because i'd been up since 3:30am and had to get up at 4:30am again. so sleep took first priority. and i think this is why having it on on sunday night at 10pm (in my area) is a bad idea. ppl have to go back to work the next day, and early most likely.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I love this show, so much so I can forgive its mistakes, even the glaring gravity issue

Comment

Originally posted by The Prof View Post
                I love this show, so much so I can forgive its mistakes, even the glaring gravity issue
                Yeah, although you'd think a show called Defying GRAVITY would at least get that part right. LOL!

Liked the ep.
                Spoiler:
                Do we know for sure that the black lady saw Mars? I can't remember her exact wording. I'd have thought that Beta would show something particular to the individual rather than an image that only has psychological significance to certain people.

Also, there's all this stuff about Beta and Venus... but is that the ONLY planet Beta is interested in or are we just hearing about it because that's the first one on the tour?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Yeah, although you'd think a show called Defying GRAVITY would at least get that part right. LOL!

Liked the ep.
                  Spoiler:
                  Do we know for sure that the black lady saw Mars? I can't remember her exact wording. I'd have thought that Beta would show something particular to the individual rather than an image that only has psychological significance to certain people.

Also, there's all this stuff about Beta and Venus... but is that the ONLY planet Beta is interested in or are we just hearing about it because that's the first one on the tour?
                  nope that just the first one on the grand tour I guesting it not interested in any of them and that it more interested in the human on board. Well we do not know it mars, we they just showed the same the black bloke saw as what she saw. I presuming it mars but I gust it could be a other planet.

Comment

Examiner Article
                    ABC's ?Defying Gravity? opens door for more drama, questions about the universe

http://www.examiner.com/x-7497-Phoen...t-the-universe

The third episode of ABC’s newest summer drama aired Sunday, creating more questions than answers, but allowing the characters more opportunities to grow. Titled “Threhold,” the episode began with everyone in emotional turmoil or in the beginning stages of sickness. The crew, still working out their unique dynamics, already had established cliques to begin with, however this episode truly highlighted just how different each character is. They are functional, yet lack the closeness required to survive as a unit. For now.

Comment

Well, I will say this is a beautifully shot show, the cinematography is superb, and I like how they seem to have many shots of the ship, not just one or two stock internal and external shots.

I am really enjoying the show. I do find Paula Morales extremely annoying - they cut her character in the righteous christian mode, and as Donner said in the first episode "How do I turn this channel off" when she starts into her spiels. I also find some of the Zoe "baby crying" a needless distraction although that is pretty obviously Beta although we don't yet know why.

I like Donner, AJ, Wassenfelder and Crane amongst the guys. AJ seems to be getting the real short end of the stick, but hopefully that will somehow change shortly. His and Wassenfelder's characters are very believable, and Was is very funny.

I think this show has great potential, and I hope the networks stick with it - how much ratings expectations can you have of a show you start off on the middle of a long weekend in one country and you run Sunday at 10pm. Give this show some time and it will go the distance. Just be patient.
                      ---------------------
                      sigpic
                      Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                        Well, I will say this is a beautifully shot show, the cinematography is superb, and I like how they seem to have many shots of the ship, not just one or two stock internal and external shots.

I am really enjoying the show. I do find Paula Morales extremely annoying - they cut her character in the righteous christian mode, and as Donner said in the first episode "How do I turn this channel off" when she starts into her spiels. I also find some of the Zoe "baby crying" a needless distraction although that is pretty obviously Beta although we don't yet know why.

I like Donner, AJ, Wassenfelder and Crane amongst the guys. AJ seems to be getting the real short end of the stick, but hopefully that will somehow change shortly. His and Wassenfelder's characters are very believable, and Was is very funny.

I think this show has great potential, and I hope the networks stick with it - how much ratings expectations can you have of a show you start off on the middle of a long weekend in one country and you run Sunday at 10pm. Give this show some time and it will go the distance. Just be patient.
                        Morales is extremely annoying. Her character can take a permanent spacewalk IMO. Other than her, I like most of the others just fine.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

whatever that is that is making Malik Yoba characters go crazy and the others , they can stop right that it is just getting annoying IMHO
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Defying Gravity - Episode 1.04 - H2IK - 2 Sneak Peeks

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...04-h2ik-2.html

Comment

http://twitter.com/MalikYoba

Comment

Episode 3 Overnight Ratings

Meanwhile ABC’s Defying Gravity slipped further into obscurity averaging a mere 2.805 million and a 1.0/3 with adults 18-49 at 10pm.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/10...ont-swim/24478

Comment

Working...
                                X