Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Martin Gero - Spoilers for SGA (S1, S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Moderator David suggested I reword my question to you to make sure it is clear.

Will the validation of any romantic relationships that may emerge among the major characters on SGA be as vague as they have been on SG-1? Many fans find this frustrating.....and infuriating.

And while I'm feeling lucky.....could you please share this with Joe (I know he knows), and tell TPTB at SG-1 that we need to see Jack and Sam's relationship acknowledged without doubt?

Thanks!
    To answer that question I would have to acknowledge whether or not there were going to be any romantic relationships on Atlantis…and as of right now, I’m not willing to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      Hi Martin

It's 1.25 am here in the UK and I think you've just ensured I won't sleep till July!!

You just answered this one with a "Yes" then ...

I know there are lots of fans out there who find the interactions between the team members an important part of the show. So my question is...

Will we be seeing any more of the wonderful interaction between John and Elizabeth in S2? They seemed to be developing a closer understanding of each other and burgeoning friendship towards the end of S1.

Thanks.

BTW, I second SG-1fanintn's question
      I think this is kind of asked and answered...but yes, their relationship will be fleshed out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by neth_dugan
        Oooo, quick question.

Okay, thing is this. John seems to be able to use ancient technology realy easily, on some instinctive level. Jack on the other hand has to work at it. Yet, Jack some how managed to do that entire healing gig during Lost City which was (in that episode) said to be a trait of the ancients. A trait John doesn't have. I know it probably has a fair bit to do with the head-grabbing archive but it didn't seem to happen the first time, and the only thing that happend was Jack's brain becoming more active, not an actual change in biology. Far as we know.

So here are two more questions:

1 - Who has the stronger ATA gene, John or Jack?

2 - Will John ever show any signs of that healing ability, even faint traces of it?

Thanks for answering all the questions by the way.
        This is kind of a “who’s stronger: Superman or Spiderman” conversation that I don’t really want to get involved in. Please feel free to debate this without me though.

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
          i haven't read through all this, so forgive me if this has been asked, but i made the connection the other day and it's been bugging me ever since

my question: was it intentional or pure coincidence that sheppard rescued teyla from steve and teyla rescued sheppard from bob BOTH with wraith stunners, BOTH right as the wraith was about to eat them, and BOTH in episodes where bates accused teyla of giving information to the wraith, and BOTH in eps where sheppard said "this is teyla we're talking about" in strong defense of her????

(WOW that was random ok, maybe i should stop asking questions for a while )
          Was that a coincidence? Yes.

Comment

Hey Martin!

Its just after 1am here in the UK so please excuse me if my questions are silly lol. I'm a bit wired and can't sleep.

Anyways my questions are :

1. As a writer do you have a pre exisiting idea for where you want characters to go in regards to their development or do you find yourself adding different things as the show progresses and you see what the actors bring to their roles?

2. If you could use one word to describe each of the actors you work with which ones would you use?

3. Could you thank David Hewlett for being so lovely and sending me a signed photo and note? I haven't had the best few weeks (I've been accident prone, injured and stressed) and it really brightened up my day to recieve those from him this morning. He's a very talented and kind man!

Thanks Martin and I hope that you're well!

Lucy xxx

Comment

Hi Martin,

Great to see you here again.

My question isn't so much about Atlantis but about your writing...I was wondering when and why you decided to pursue scriptwriting and whether you have ever written (or even considered a career) in other formats (novels etc)?

Comment

Follow-up to SaharaGate's question:

What other writing have you done? IMDB lists you as having worked on the Holmes Show, which sounds like it must have been an entirely different animal from something like Atlantis. Is there anything else you've worked on that either isn't listed in IMDB or might not have been professional/industry related?

Are there any other shows on TV that pique your interest as a writer? Or just as a viewer?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Crush
                  Hi Martin!

Thanks again for answering fan's questions, it's great to be able to interact with the folks who help make the shows we know and love (Robert Hewitt Wolfe and some of the other former Andromeda staff post at another board I visit--I'm so spoiled. )

My questions:

1.) There's been a lot of ongoing discussion about what the Ancients called themselves. (surely they wouldn't refer to themselves as ancient . . . "Lantians," "Atlantians," "fantastic," "fabulous," or "I look so young, don't I?" maybe . . )

2.) How come Atlantis gets the shiny new earth-ship Daedalus? Granted, it's the shiny-new show . . . but I question why Earth would send it's best ship to another galaxy, knowing it'll be awfully difficult to get back home.
                  2a.) And it's been pronounced "Ded-uh-luss" on the show, but I've always heard it "Day-duh-luss." Is this a (Canadian?) pronunciation thing, or have I been hearing/saying it wrong?

3.) How detailed is the "Master Plan?" Are there any specific long-term plot points planned for over the next few years, or do you all just take it a season at a time with only an occasional thought about later seasons' directions?

4.) Going back to the Daedalus . . . we know she's an updated battlecruiser, and will be even cooler than the Prommie . . . does she carry the same style F-302s? Or did they get updated (stylistically or technologically) as well? (yeah, I know "wait for S3" . . . but that's month's from now . . . months!)

5.) Any cool "critter" episodes planned? (aside from the bugs you mentioned . . . and please tell me that they're improving the prop/design/presentation of them since 38mins!) That mention of a T-rex type critter from the 2 finale eps got me going . . . you know . . . monsters and stuff. (which, has never really been Stargate's bag--but there's always room to try new things.)

Thanks again!
                  -Nick
                  1. The Pegasus Ancients called themselves Lantian’s

2. The Daedalus has intergalactic capabilities…the Prometheus does not…so we get the Daedalus.

3. Yeah…like I’m gonna give that away. I’d be fired so quickly.

4. Said all I want to say about this…watch “Siege: Part 3” and “Intruder”

5. The bugs aren’t the only monster in “Conversion”…and yes, the bugs are WAY cooler than they were in 38 Mins

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGero
                    This, by the way, is how Chuck who is David’s stand-in got to play the Technician. His off-camera stuff was so good, we decided to move him on-camera.
                    Hey Martin!

1.) Is this Chuck?

2.) If so or if not, will we be seeing him again on Atlantis?

3.) Is he Canadian Military? (That would rock!)

4.) Does his character have a name? We affectionately call him Anglo-Canadian Console Guy, or just "Console Guy."
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Hi 3 questions.

1. Will we be seeing a recurring Wraith villian, sort of a like a Wraith Apophis or First Prime?

2. The audio interview that Rachell Lutrell/Teyla did on Gateworld alluded to the Athosians being more technologically advanced than they appear.will we see evidence of this?

3 will we learn more about the war between Ancients and how the Ancients lost?
                      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Ooh, Major Lorne: Is he the same Major Lorne from SG-1 Season 7's Enemy Mine? If so I hope he's still played by Kavan Smith because he was really good

So basically confirm/deny, if you could please very much thanks of you, yes?

Comment

Will we be revisting The Brotherhood?

Will we be getting another ZPM this season?

Comment

Hello Mr.Gero

I have two questions. Does atlantis have any sort of Computerized voice to warn of damage to the city? If so will we hear it? Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                              Hi Martin, just a couple of questions.

When exactly did the Ancients ascend? And when they did, why didnt they use their power to defeat the Wraith? I know they have a 'No interference' rule but they couldn't have come up with that straight after the ascended.

And how many of them ascended? In the episode 'Before I sleep' they showed us some Ancients heading back to Earth. Did some of them already ascend at that point? Or did they ascend when they were on Earth?
                              This brings up a question that I have.....

If the Ancients have a No interference rule? Why did they seed the galaxy? Isn't that an Interference with life in the galaxy? So assuming that they did Ascend and had that rule....wouldn't that be a complete hypocritical view?

Just a thought.
                              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Hi Martin,

I'd like to hear about other things you've been involved in in terms of writing. Do you only write for the screen or do you write books and such as well?
                                I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

Working...
                                X