Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it nice of Michael to get his missus a new job?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
      Isn't it nice of Michael to get his missus a new job?
      MS has said he had nothing to do with it.

be that true or not, it is a burden that Lexa will work under and will undoubtedly taint the perception of her performances and the character for the duration
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

be that true or not, it is a burden that Lexa will work under and will undoubtedly taint the perception of her performances and the character for the duration
        Well, you have a point. Although, I believe that she is a good actress and can hold her own.

Heck, I didn't even know MS was married to her until I took up a simultaneous boost of interest in Andromeda and SG (at the same time) about 3 months ago. I was wondering why LD was always shot from the chest up in MANY scenes, I got my answer by checking her bion on IMDB.

(On a side note, I saw the first episode where Christopher Judge appears in Andromeda , "The Knight, Death and the Devil", about an hour ago. Gotta love Teal'c with hair!)
        Enter my game site...

Comment

It amazes me that most folks don't realize that SG1 had been talking about
          getting Lexa on the show even before Lexa and Michael got married. It all began
          on season 1 of Andromeda when both showed so much chemistry that they
          just dominated the episode. Talk of getting Lexa has been going on for 5 years.
          And even then Lexa still had to audition. Lexa will rise to occasion and show that her position on the show has outstanding merit. She is a excellent catch,
          and a exciting addition to a great show.

I can't wait for the first photos of her in a Air Force uniform....or if she is a
          civilian, ER scrubs.....
          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Lexa will be able to hold her own. Have you seen her acting in Andromeda? She can pull off the strong nature of a military person and still have good beside manners.
            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

I will be excited to see her not acting like an android.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
                I will be excited to see her not acting like an android.
                Definitely. It will be nice for her to play someone less intense as Rommie and
                less perfect. I really would love to see her laugh, which Rommie rarely did.
                Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                  Definitely. It will be nice for her to play someone less intense as Rommie and
                  less perfect. I really would love to see her laugh, which Rommie rarely did.
                  You know, she DID act as a military human in Jason X... (bad example, but the only one I know of)
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                    (On a side note, I saw the first episode where Christopher Judge appears in Andromeda , "The Knight, Death and the Devil", about an hour ago. Gotta love Teal'c with hair!)
                    I missed the ending to that episode when it re-aired at 7:00. But for a note I love the episode "Day of Judgement, Day of Wrath" both MS and CJ in the same episode

Anyway, I believe Lexa Doig will do great, I love the character of Rommie and she's plays her really well.

Also, I'm not so sure how many people know her from Tekwar, but that's where I first saw her... She's an uber-hacker
                    sigpic
                    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Oh for heaven's sake - I was kidding...
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                        I missed the ending to that episode when it re-aired at 7:00. But for a note I love the episode "Day of Judgement, Day of Wrath" both MS and CJ in the same episode

Anyway, I believe Lexa Doig will do great, I love the character of Rommie and she's plays her really well.

Also, I'm not so sure how many people know her from Tekwar, but that's where I first saw her... She's an uber-hacker
                        I first saw her in one of her earlier movies.. Forget which...

I was instantly alarmed when I recognised the Philippino features on her face. I was surprised when I found out she REALLY is half philippina.
                        (wewt for me, I can still recognize philippinos)
                        Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                          I first saw her in one of her earlier movies.. Forget which...

I was instantly alarmed when I recognised the Philippino features on her face. I was surprised when I found out she REALLY is half philippina.
                          (wewt for me, I can still recognize philippinos)
                          Lexa's Beautiful Asian features is really subtle.....when I first saw her, I really didn't think she was a Eurasian until I saw her bio on her website.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                            Lexa's Beautiful Asian features is really subtle.....when I first saw her, I really didn't think she was a Eurasian until I saw her bio on her website.
                            Being half-philippino and having quite a few philippino(a) friends, I kind of noticed her features instantly, but that's mostly because I've grown up with the polar contrasts between asian and north american.

Now I'm guessing we're getting a tad off topic..
                            Enter my game site...

Comment

I hadn't noticed those features before but I've grown up around a lot of mixed ethnicity and since I'm mixed myself, I tend not to really take notice. But now that it's mentioned, yeah, I see it.

edit: sorry about that.
                              Last edited by Wandering Tamer; 11 March 2005, 06:57 PM.
                              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Her eyes, nose, skin, and theeth structure are the features that I can identify as being Filippino.

Ugh, I hang out with too many people that are either white, either asian, either pinoy, either a mix of any of those.
                                Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                                X