• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaw, so Eli is going to die

Cant he wear a Space Suit for 3 years.

Still hoping for an SGA Movie though, then Destiny might appear in 3 Years

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
      I tried to green you for this - I love that song. I am such a dork, I have a whole playlist on my iPod of songs from SGU or that remind me of SGU.
      Np. The song still gets to me.

Originally posted by daventry View Post
      Well atleast they can now focus on the Stargate Movies
      *insert snarky and bitter reply here*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daventry View Post
        Cant he wear a Space Suit for 3 years.
        haven't they said the suits are good for 18 hrs or so (water?) So i seriously doubt that.

Comment

hm...

sad day it was indeed (i watched the episode just now, so, sad day it is for me, now....)

it is sad to have to say "good bye" to a franchise such as this.

it accompanied me through the end of my childhood, my youth and my early adult-hood until now...

time to say goodbye to colonel young, eli walace, dr. rush, chloe and all the others (just like we did colonels o'neil and sheppard, daniel jackso, samantha carter, dr. rodney mckay and many others before), that slowly became people to me, even though i had my troubles with SGU at first (first season has 5 good episodes, not more IMHO), but now they were like friends to me, to us all (as in Stargate fans) and in a way they still are.

and like a good friend, parts of Stargate Universe, will live on in us, just as good and dear friends who have gone on already, do.

let us remember the show, let us help keep the franchise in the minds of the people and in our minds of course, to make sure, that STARGATE DOES NOT DIE, like its latest show has.

let us do this, to make sure that someone, somewere in the future may think it a good idea, to pick up the franchise again, breath some new life into it and give us another awsome show to watch.

until then, my fellow fans, let us stay here on gateworld, to keep the community "alive"

sorry, but i felt like writing some kind of eulogy for SGU, even more so, as they have cancelled it just as it started to get REALLY GOOD...

hey might be the wrong topic for something like this, but what about, say a fan fundraiser (or a fan foundation) to take up stargate again, might this be an idea to get some life back into the franchise (and into science fiction on TV in general as there seems to be not all that much really good stuff around and nothing really new....i mean, star trek was new once, as was star wars and others....is there really no one out there that might want to risk producing something new?....well someone (might do it myself later on) should open a new topic concerning this...it is just an idea i had and you know that a lot of people have a lot more influence then one single person, so this may just work...if every stargate fan paid say 20 dollars (or for europeans like me: 20 euro) one could surely produce a new show...stargate or other....but well, i am dreaming here (but on the other hand: many great things started of as "dreams")

so...my few cent

greetings LAX
          Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 12 May 2011, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Many other threads around here have mentioned doing those fundraisers, but there are as some mention, many legal issues with that.

Comment

yes, you might be right, that is why any such undertaking needs to have an lawyer in order to start (but a lawyer would be needed anyway in order to set it up and write up a rough draft of the statutes of the "foundation" to be voted on by the founding-members)

still the idea is sound IMHO....

greetings LAX
              ps: any other thoughts on that idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post

what's going to become of this forum btw now that there won't be an active stargate series running any more???
                it will inexorably fall into entropy & fade out of existence - and (most of) its members along with it

Comment

Well, just had to take a few days to soak up the future of one of my favorite shows. It is terrible that many people would rather watch mediocre reality type tv shows then shows that invoke the imagination. I can think of very few shows that have enriched peoples minds the way stargate has. Just look at some of the tech threads, some of the ideas and theories many of the members here have come up with are quite amazing. I did like SGU, but i feel like it did drag on a bit. However the second season was quite good, and now have some of the same feelings i had when Atlantis was canceled. I mean we now have 2 story lines that are incomplete. I do feel that the SG1 arc was more or less completed, but atlantis and now universe are stories that we must pretty much end in our own way. So many questions left unanswered. So many sections of both Atlantis and destiny not explored. The questions of who he ancients really were, and the things they really were exploring unanswered. I do still have a glimmer of hope for the movies, however with each passing day that hope fades more and more. I am grateful for every episode that we the fans were given. But i have to say that i will not support a new stargate unless there is a chance at some closure for these 2 story arcs as i feel it is ultimately important to the story, and for the story to continue in any other format. I know that many people say comics and novels however there are many of us that dont have the time to sit and read and that basically means that the fan base shrinks. Though for it to continue on IMO is good, it just wont be out there for everyone the way a direct to dvd movie would be.

Comment

Well. 2 weeks without changing some factor of the equation. And that's time to maintain minimal life support. If he recharges before exiting the system. Improves FTL efficiency, or other things. He could have longer. Or fix the stasis pod and stick to the plan. There's also the shuttle with it's own power to give him some time, plus the suits. Although I'm not sure why they were still stuck with only 3 suits. Didn't twin destiny's double everything? If the hydroponics bay wasn't roasted with the class O star, he'd have other options. Not that we'll ever know what happened in the end...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                      Although I'm not sure why they were still stuck with only 3 suits. Didn't twin destiny's double everything? If the hydroponics bay wasn't roasted with the class O star, he'd have other options. Not that we'll ever know what happened in the end...
                      Maybe that spot that Varro tried to go in and almost got flashburned, was the corridor leading to the shuttles...

Comment

Or maybe not.

I wouldn't put too much stock in "deadlines". For all we know, it was rediculous. Probably you have five minutes to ..... Our hands are tied, they didn't meet a deadline... Just another excuse to not spend money.

It was sad yesterday. 5pm rolled around and I was like, oh, it's monday, SGU is .... NOT on today. Not even a three peat of the finale...

Comment

I could see them doing a TV movie to end the series right. They ended it in a way that they could EASILY explain why some of the characters are not on the show. (IE, their pod malfunctioned and they died during the trip)

They could do that with just about anyone they want and still continue the story in a movie.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

if they DO end it via a movie. I hope its at least 3 hrs worth (4 eps long).. Not the standard 2 eps worth we got for arc of truth/continuoum.

Comment

Working...
                            X