Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the constructive criticism thread?

Comment

It's being reviewed.Hopefully it'll be moved back into the SGU GD section soon.

That said,if people had read post 1,and taken it to heart,no review would be needed.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        It's being reviewed.Hopefully it'll be moved back into the SGU GD section soon.

That said,if people had read post 1,and taken it to heart,no review would be needed.
        Okay, didn't seem like anyone was out of order... keep up the good work I guess.

Comment

Why was a review required? seemed fine to me unless you mean about it going slightly off topic at points.

Comment

When the review's been done by the mod team,and the thread returned you'll get a fuller answer ,but you basically partially answered your own question.

Comment

You guys were asking why threads 'go away', well it's because they go horribly off topic, or turn into slang fests and the only way to really clean it up is to make it stable - which means no new posts - so we can read what's been happening.

You guys don't want threads to go away, well it's up to you. And by that i mean all of YOU.

Yes, there are asides in a thread, that's not an issue, but post after post of off topic? Unacceptable. Especially when we have folks here that run deliberate campaigns to make a thread go off topic just cause they don't like the topic and want it to die.

You want to keep threads open and keep the mods out of your hair....well play by the rules. Don't fight, don't insult, don't take threads off topic. And if you see stuff happening in a thread, let us know when it's a couple of posts that we can review more quickly than pages and pages and pages.

You guys, as in you posters, ultimately determine the fate of a thread.

And, for those of you bullies out there that are killing threads on purpose, no longer will the thread go away, you wil. If we determine that anyone is deliberately derailing a thread, you will be gagged and banned from the forum for 3 days. As in not modded, as in banned from even reading the forum.

Learn to live and let live.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Do you think that its possible if we could get a Tanith avatar?
                My Instagram Account

Comment

check this out
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=48

you want one, make one and they might upload it so that you and everyone else can use it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    check this out
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=48

you want one, make one and they might upload it so that you and everyone else can use it
                    Thankyou for that link.....I will definatly make one as soon as possible.
                    My Instagram Account

Comment

Do we have a anti-necro rule , because i think we really need one
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Do you mean a rule that covers revival of long un-used threads ?

Generally, we use this guideline :

Originally posted by Forum FAQ
                        Why hasn't a thread (or post) been closed or deleted?
                        As this is a public forum, assume that all threads and posts will remain open to the public indefinitely unless the moderators find a reason to close the thread or remove it from public view. This rarely happens, and is reserved for threads that degenerate into arguing or other rule violations, or when it is deemed that a thread has run its course and nothing further of value can be added. In case of the latter, threads will be closed but left in public view to be added to the forum's archive.

Closing or removing threads, and deleting posts, is solely at the moderators' discretion, and is based solely on the contents of the thread or post and not on the member(s) involved. Please do not assume it will happen, and remember that you bear the responsibility for what you post. The moderators will not close or delete a thread, or individual posts, just because you regret saying something later.

Difficult issues regarding a deletion or thread closure are discussed by all moderators and a consensus reached before a final action is taken.
                        For judgement on whether any older individual thread could or should be closed ,use the report feature and the Mods will go read,confer, and make a decision.

Comment

Which thread or group were you trying to post to ?
                          I'll need that to help Greg trace the source of the glitch if it's a GW error.

That system error phrase about the "Token being expired " isn't something I've seen personally before now on this forum,but it can happen if you have a comp window open then leave your work for a while .

FireFox /Windows then can assume you don't need it any more and dumps the whole content.
                          Had you put Windows into "sleep" ?

I'll have to defer to Greg really about the "Token" as I don't know how long any used by GW are set for.

Comment

we'll look into it but...3 days? did you really have a reply window open for 3 days?

If so, i would personally suggest, next time you are crafting a reply that important that takes that long that you c/p stuff into word or another word processing program so you don't lose it.

Cause you could very well have fallen victim to your ISP or such timing out, not just the forum

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, a stoopid question? How come I can say "balls" in a certain context, but I can't say b*******?
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 September 2010, 10:55 PM. Reason: edited the b-word.

Comment

Basically,this site is run to Darren's standards of what he feels comes under needless profanity/vulgarity.
                                Site owner's preogative.

He's a US citizen and the site is registered as PG and run under US laws and licences.
                                Therefore he adds certain words into the filter to keep the place as clean as possible.

Originally posted by FAQ
                                Why is the forum "Rated PG?" What does that mean?
                                GateWorld Forum is family-friendly, meaning we have a low tolerance for profanity and off-color conversation. Keep in mind when you post that several of our regulars are under 18 years old, and the forum has an active profanity filter set by the moderators
                                "Balls" can be used in one context as an innocent pluralisation...or as a vulgarity.

That other B-word is usually a vulgar term for a part of the male reproductive system,period.

Getting creative to circumvent the profanity filter gets modified or more if found.

Comment

Working...
                                X