No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immhotep’s 10k Guide to the Gateworld Virtual fleets.

Intro
    :

The Gateworld virtual fleets have been a significant part of my life for the last 2 years, started as a way of exploring new uses for existing ship designs within the OSDT, they have taken on a life of their own and have become the largest and in my opinion some of the best, most detailed stargate fan fiction stories ever. The Gateworld fleet’s have given a home to many new and creative ideas for the stargate universe, from ships, characters, storylines and enemies, to the continuation of ideas and themes from the original show (such as the quest to become fifth race, or the long standing mystery of the ancients), these few threads have created a universe as rich and as complex as the show that it is based upon. While it has sometimes been hard and tiring to work on the fleets I am very proud of everything the threads have created, as a tribute to the threads that have got me over a third of my posts, i dedicate my 10,000th post (and then some) to this, the official guide to the Gateworld Virtual fleets, for those who remember, for my 5k I did a similar guide to ship design, that was a long time ago now, but this guide will follow a similar format and I hope it will serve as a good tool for future and current participants in the Fleets.

Contents:
    ·~The Big question~
    ·~The Threads~
    ·~The Members~
    ·~The History~
    ·~Relation to Cannon~
    ·~Voting Process~
    ·~The Designs~
    ·~The Winning Ships~
    ·~Flagships~
    ·~Battles~
    ·~Format~
    ·~The universe~
    ·~Races~
    ·~Allies~
    ·~Enemies~
    ·~Characters and Organisations~
    ·~Alternate Fleets~
    ·~Other links~
    ·~Glossary~
    ·~The future~
    ·~Conclusion~

The Big Question
    When confronted with a new member wishing to join this great project the most important question i can answer is the simple and basic one, of what the fleets actually are. The shame for me is that the fleets are such a complex project that defining them to a single format or role is difficult. However i shall attempt to define the fleets, the Gateworld Virtual Fleets are ship design fan fiction, at their outset the fleets were created to give a universe and to give depth to the creation process of original ship designs for the stargate universe beyond and separate from the constantly changing nature of the shows and their evolving storylines. The fleets are a malleable, user generated, user created and developed universe based on stargate which uses ships designed by members of the fleets and gateworld to tell the stories of the expansion and evolution of a future Tauri race and its interaction with the local group of galaxies and their inhabitants. This is a short debrief on the fleets, with the reality being significantly more complex, the elements that are in the fleet have been developed over (now) a number of years, and through multiple threads, and evolutions with the races characters, wars, planets and organisations developing along with the fleet. To each fleet a new generation of contributors has brung new elements and ideas to the table. The first fleet was was a reaction to the poor combat of the wraith which saw us develop the wraith, the Pegasus galaxy and the Tauri in to a full scale and effective war machine to do battle in the future, in a war which was realistic and grander than the shows. In the second fleet, with the conquest and pacification of Pegasus under our belts the fleet developed in to a fight for power, about the Tauri’s development and rise from a small power, to a superpower in a war with the aschen and the Adnihlo, for control of our home galaxy and the title of fifth race of the great alliance. This fleet was perhaps the most important of all the fleets for it has set the scene for the Tauri of the third fleets. The third fleets are a workout for this new superpower and its role within the universe, up against past mistakes and future universal evils, it has begun to tell the story of us finding a place in the universe through the turmoil’s of war and the struggle for peace within our own race. The fleets are an amazing project, giving life to a universe of limitless potential and the backdrop for great creative talent to be exercised, the fleets have developed a significant depth of original and brilliant material that I believe could rival any of the greatest Sci-Fi mythologies. The fleets are a fan fiction project that uses the best of stargate and expands its scope to a larger, more complex and more challenging universe, full of problems and potential that is open to large amounts of modification and development, as the history and development of the three current fleets have shown. The Gateworld Virtual fleets are no longer contained to the single three fleets, these three are a core base in the concept of virtual fleets, but the concept itself has been adopted by at least three other Virtual fleets, all of which have taken the fleet concept and added their own spins and storylines to the fray. It is my hope that the fleet concept will endure and continue to provide a base for the creative energy of new fans and writers for a long time to come, as they have provided me and many others with such a great platform for the past two years.

sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

The Fleet Threads and Members
      1.0, the first original Virtual fleet
      Link to the Thread:http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30607
      List of contributing members:
      http://forum.gateworld.net/misc.php?...posted&t=30607

2.0, the second Virtual fleet
      Link to the Thread:http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37500
      http://forum.gateworld.net/misc.php?...posted&t=37500

3.0, the current and largest Virtual fleet
      Link to the Thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47948
      http://forum.gateworld.net/misc.php?...posted&t=47948

Tributes to a few: Becuase i havent been able to green then for ages.
      Buba uognarf
      Where do i begin to pay tribute to the contributions of Buba to the fleets, he has been a significant and pivotal member of the fleets from very early on. His commitment to the fleets and the generation of ideas for its continuation continue even now. From the Reapers, to the Aschen, Talos, the Swarm, the Battle for Earth, the Shield and countless other storylines, his contribution to the mythology and timeline the fleets has built up is second to none. I am incredible grateful to have buba as part of the fleets and i sincerely hope that he will never leave. As a friend outside of the fleets and as the second in command of this project, he is one of my best friends, the fleet wouldn’t not and could not be the same without him.
      Davidtourniquet
      David T, the science guru of the fleets, again a major member of the fleets throughout all three eras, he has been incredibly loyal to the fleets and a great supporter and advisor to all the decisions that have moved this project forward. His knowledge of astrophysics has been of great benefit in realistically advancing the fleet storyline, and his contributions in both ships and races have shaped the fleet for a significant time. I would have been lost without both he and buba to share the burden of the fleet leadership with over these past two years, he really is a great member and I’m so grateful we have him around.
      ZakeDHehe, I do have to pay tribute to Zake, even though he was a consistent and royal pain in my neck for a year or so, he was very important in the fleets development, from the outset he was the challenger to new ideas and new concepts that may or may not have ruined the fleets. The arguments between me and zake littered the first two fleets, indeed the first 100 pages of 2.0 seem like a giant fight. But there were important developments that came out of our tenuous friendship, the Gaia and Connie wars eventually set up the concept of the Tauri civil war between Pegasus and the MW which is set to happen in 3.0, the fight between reliance on Ion technology rather than rail guns and missiles (something which has really helped us advanced) was in part due to the technological differences between Gaia (my flagship) and Connie (his). The Gaia and Connie wars were some of the best and hardest points in the fleets history, and i wouldn’t trade them for an easy ride. Zake was also a very important developer of the use of Sketchup within the entire stargate ship design community, although there were better quality programs and better modellers (such as Extrenix) it was his use of the program to model a large chunk of both 2.0 and 3.0’s ships which made the wide scale use of sketchup fleets almost a trademark of our fleets. Zake also started and ran the first two websites for the fleets, something which once again caused large rows and divisions in the fleets. But that is all in the past, while Zake doesn’t actually contribute anymore, his role as devil’s advocate taken up by others (Mcoy, Crazy Tom, Killman to name a few) he will remain one of the fleets prime contributors and worthy of recognition by this guide.
      Major Mike David
      MMD as he has grown to be called is one of the newer significant members of the fleet community; his contributions to the third fleet, focused on the New ancients of Andromeda have blown me away. I think that MMD is going to be huge in future fleets. The development of the entire Andromeda galaxy and his part in that, have been a huge asset to the third fleet. The navo’s may be the newest major addition to the fleet universe, but they are one of the most detailed races that I have ever seen, not just in the fleets or in stargate but they rival star wars in depth and detail. There is no doubt in my mind that MMD will play a major role in any future fleets and continue to be a huge asset to the current one. There a many great new members in 3.0, and i would be happy to tribute many of them, but if one member from 3.0 has impressed me more than any other, its MMD and that’s why i am giving him a special mention

Last edited by immhotep; 19 August 2008, 01:29 PM.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

Fleet History
        This is a recent snap shot of our fleet history, from the perspective of the Tauri’s own past, which is the focus of the fleets. The whole history of the fleets could take many posts to explain so here is a brief overview.
        Heroes of the oppressed:
        The Tauri, the first race. Although we were not the first of this form, that of human life, we are in this time at least the most important developing race that has come along in a very long time. At first we were hope to a galaxy enslaved to the goauld, a galaxy populated by the displaced and enslaved descendants of Earth’s earliest civilizations. In the mid 1990’s the Stargate of Earth was opened after 5000 years of isolation the Tauri stepped forward on its long road to stardom. The people of Earth battled the goauld for 8 years, eventually gaining freedom for this galaxy. In turn the Jaffa became free to rule themselves and in the same period the replicators, one of the most devastating enemies of the Asgard were defeated. The legacy of those wars is still having ramifications but for a brief time earth from free, until the Ori came. A highly advanced, fanatic religion created by an evil sect of ascended pre MW ancients. This war brought the galaxy to the brink of destruction until their eventual defeat by defection of several priors allowing for the destruction of the ori fleet. The sending of the sangraal built by Merlin to the Orii galaxy and the assassination of Adria by morgana left the ori civilization no longer a threat to Earth or its allies. In addition to those measures the reconnection of the Pegasus/MW supergate link sealed off both our home galaxies from any significant threat from the ori ever again.

After the war with the Ori, the Tauri civilization refocused itself on the Pegasus galaxy. The Atlantis expedition had been battling the wraith for several years but with little major success. After the large amounts of research was developing for next generation warships for Earth. These would eventually seem combat in the 20 year campaign for the Pegasus galaxy but before the world had to find out the truth, and with revelation came almost a decade of international chaos, plunging earth in to some of the most destructive internal battles in her history...it eventually subsided, and by this time the Asgard colonised the Pegasus galaxy; but with an attack on their newest outpost, they declared war on the wraith, joining us on a new campaign against the wraith. The Tauri/Asgard-alliance was born and a new coalition formed against the wraith, the replicators and later the reapers. The Asgard provided massive technological upgrades to our ships and our scientific knowledge, allowing for superior ships to be built in large numbers for the first time. The greatest ship of the wraith wars was leviathan, a true hybrid of Asgard technology and Tauri military brilliance. The Leviathan class was a symbol of the alliance as much as it was the flagship of the war, it carried the first human energy weapons and laid the foundations for the entire Tauri civilization to come. The Asgard was a crucial ally but another human civilization, truly the greatest of races was another, the Lantians returned during this great war. With the discovery of an entire fleet of Ancient warships, the last great fleet of ancients which placed themselves in a Time dilation field during their battle with a superior wraith fleet. To find a place for them the Asgard and the Lantians began planning the removal of the final phase of replicators, while minor skirmishes between the Asurians and Earth had occurred they were dormant for a significant period of time. They had begun building a large new fleet which threatened Earth, the Asgard and many others. The Asgard built a new PWARW in Pegasus, the ancients networked in to the Pegasus gate system and like a new dakara destroyed the replicators galaxy wide in an instant. Leaving many ZPM’s and over 30 ancient warship, a cityship and the city of Asuris itself free to be taken over by our allies. In exchange for the Ancients allowing us to keep Atlantis, 9 ZPM’s and 5 Aurora’s we provided the ancients with all the resources needed to sustain and grow their population. Over time they did rebuild and were in small numbers joined by their ascended Lantians brothers (who retained their pre-ascension knowledge and persona’s, while losing their advanced powers)
        The wraith wars ended only through the intervention of an even darker power, the reapers, a supersoldier wraith that was a backlash to devastating attacks by the Becket retrovirus. Hoping to strengthen the Iratus bugDNA the wraith accidentily created a more powerful and ultimately superior version of themselves. This version destroyed a vast number of human and wraith and took over much of the galaxy. Only with the entire fleet of Pegasus aliens in a single battle were the reapers finally defeated.
        The final battle of the wraith wars was the battle for Earth itself. It was the largest and most important battles in our history. It defines us even now. The wraith attacked with over 250,000 ships, but with all our allies, the outpost, and our brave soldiers, we beat them. The price however, was earth itself. The wraith murdered 4billion people, wiped out civilization as we had known and destroyed our fleet...this was the darkest period in our history.
        The Wars of Power:
        It took Earth nearly 25 years for it to recover completely from the devastation caused by the wraith wars. 15 Years to build a new fleet, recover its lost territory, reorganise its extraterrestrial powerbase and to completely rebuild Earth in to a planet that nothing could rival. It did this, Earth rebuilt, it grew from the ground up, in the ashes of the fire of the wraith wars a new phoenix a light in the darkness that had come with its demise. The wraith wars had diverted huge military assets away from the Milky way galaxy, leaving huge areas exposed, the void the wraith wars and its aftermath left in the milky way was to be filled by the only human civilization that posed any credible alternative to Earth. Even the Jaffa, the most powerful civilization besides earth for many decades was unable to prevent the rise of the Aschen. From the wounds of a small encounter decades before, grew an empire under the rule of the ruthless supersoldier Talos that consumed the MW. The Aschen forced thousands of planets and small races in to the confederation, or in face of resistance, wiped them out. In those years earth was powerless. It could not afford another war, it had exhausted too much defeating the wraith. But over time, it rebuilt, using its offworld resources to feul a new, more advanced, powerful armada. Headed by Gaia class, still the most powerful ship in the Tauri fleet, finally in 2045, 15 years after the wraith attack on earth. Earth made its move against the Ashcen. It took many years to retake the territory but as earth fleet continued to grow and grow the aschen’s power withered more and more. This was a war of superpowers. The Aschen and Earth were as powerful and as advanced as each other in every way. In terms of human civilization, they were equally capable of being supreme and ruling all of humanity. It was in the end a defection of the queen of the Ashcen, Helana that allowed our forces to destroy Talos and his loyalist military. But talos had stuck a bargin, a deadmans switch with an even greater power.
        The Adnihlo were what brought the aschen back from destruction and by doing so the aschen returned the favour providing vast resources from the conquered worlds to the Adnihlo. The Adnihlo were the original threat to the alliance, the first advanced race in our galaxy and a threat beyond anything we had faced before, even the ori. Though we eventually won the war, it took everything we had and the intervention of a powerful new player from the past to do it. By 2055, Earth was once again at the brink, in the final battle we had gambled our entire civilization, and it paid off , the spoils of war were all the resources that the aschen had given to the Adnihlo, at least what was left, and greatest of all, the title of the fifth race and command of the alliance of the now five great races.
        We had completed that part of our journey, now we are using that power to clean up some serious errors from our past. In Andromeda the reapers have resurfaced, with new allies and a new fleet, we are battling to find a purpose in the wider context of leading and preparing this region of space for what it to come, and for what we have yet to achieve. . .
        ~Relation to Cannon~

The Gate world Virtual fleets are outside of Cannon, they are alternate universe, alternate timeline fan fiction, this is both on purpose and by necessity. The specific cannon events which are deliberately removed from fleet cannon are varied but major ones include the Ark of truth and continuum storylines, The unending events and significant parts of Atlantis season 3, 4 and 5. The fleets were created almost two years ago, with the events in the shows unknown and therefore unaccounted for, unending caused significant problems in our own history, with the Asgard being central characters in all fleets and with earth’s technology not developing at such a rapid pace. Therefore when unending aired, the fleets moved away from Cannon in a more defined and significant way. Future developments in the shows cannon and its relationship to fleet cannon are discussed as and when episodes that clash with our own mythology are aired. While significant parts of the fleets are entirely original, other parts take direct reference from the shows, and some parts of the show are left out, while the fleets fill in blanks with original material from the shown own gaps in the timeline, for example with our exploration of new ancient cultures from all periods of the ancient story, see the Halen, Vasilinok and Navos for examples of filling in the gaps.
        The fleets and the shows are independant, while existing in the context of a similar universe the fleets being set many decades in to the future mean current events in terms of the show, would indirectly impact our future storylines. The separation of show and fleet means that our timeline, stories and challenges can be played out without direct overruling by storylines and events portrayed in the shows. This is not to say that we don’t follow the shows, but that our storylines do not need to fit with the shows and are not constrained by the scope of television, which was the reason, or one of them for the fleets existence in the first place.
        sigpic
        11000! green me

Comment

~Fleet Voting Process~
          The fleets voting process is a pretty straightforward system yet it has taken three fleets to really streamline in to an effective selection process. Each class of ship has a number of designs submitted and reviewed over the course of a suitable period of time, at the end of that time votes for each of the classes are counted with the ship with the most votes selected for the role of that class. Is it ever that easy? No, some ships and classes can become incredibly heated debates about the entire future of the Tauri military within the fleets, with voting being so close that multiple rounds of voting is required and many pages of discussion needed. A similar process is repeated, with just as many complications for race submitting, but usually with simple yes/no votes being required.

~The Designs~
          A Guide to ship design, a piece i wrote for my 5000th post is a good reference point for all ship deisgn and it applys equally to this guide to the fleets:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5883166&postcount=2082
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5883181&postcount=2083

~The Winning Ships~

PDR-01 "Gaia"
          FS-104 "Sirius"
          SBB-228 "Constellation"
          F-302 "Mongoose"
          F-302A "Raven"
          BC-303 "Prometheus"
          BC-304 "Daedalus"
          BC-304A "Daedalus II"
          BC-305 "Serpent"
          DDX-306 "Unity"
          CIX-308 "Henry H. Arnold"
          DDG-311 "Thor"
          DSG-312 "Tegalus"
          PG-313 "Artemis"
          F/A-322 "Hurricane"
          CG-347 "Endeavor"
          SCVN-365 "Aegis"
          BC-369 "Vector"
          SFG-399 "Arcturus"
          D-401 "Phoenix"
          SB-405 "Perseus"
          D-434 "Tempest"
          BCR-436 "Dante"
          BCR-450 "Volante"
          HC-456 "Pegasus"
          PBS-501 "Leviathon"
          CHC-502 "Challenger"
          C-550 "Poseidon"
          "Hermes"
          "Pioneer"
          ~Flagships~
          PBS-501 "Leviathon"
          PDR-01 "Gaia"
          SBB-228 "Constellation"

~Battles from 1.0 and 2.0~ (thanks to
          spacecowboy000
          )
          Links to all battles in 1.0 can be found here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7382415&postcount=1676
          Links to all battles in 2.0 can be found:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7387887&postcount=1702
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7387892&postcount=1703
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7387898&postcount=1704

~Battle Format~
          The format of writing in the fleets varies from member to member, in terms of actual writing format the fleets are written in prose, with each story considing largely descriptive passages with speech and dialogue contained within the main body. While there are experiments with script based formats the majority are of prose format. Battles are typically set over a number of acts, with each battle usually having a prelude for describing the events prior to the main story, or backstory to characters, ships, events or previous parts for the overall story ark being told.
          The main body is separated in to acts with interconnecting fight scenes and battles divided by events and dialogue on the bridges of ships, through communications or through the entry of other set of characters. The arrival of a new fleet or group of ships, or the separation between a space and ground battle involved in the same storyline are typical divisions within battles and storylines. These are brief guidelines, but largely the normal format, the exact style of prose writing that is used varies largely, with some preferring statistical styles of writing where the ships are fought on a mainly stats based style (shields down x%, distance from target x, number of shots fired x) other preferring a significantly wordier descriptive style; such as myself, whereby the description of fire hitting ships, the movement of various groups of ships, and effects of those action on the tactical situation is used.
          The nature and scale of the battles can in many cases define the style of writing, where larger battles with more ships suit the wordier descriptive style, where smaller skirmish battles suit the statistical approach. It is generally harder to detail every ships shields, movements and attack directives when dealing with upwards of handful hundred vessels without causing significant decrease in the ability to read and follow a battle. However a wordier style can be used on almost any scale with the smaller battles in wordier style having much more tactical and analytical depth than the larger scale grander battles.
          In most battles the main act’s are followed up by an aftermath section, outlining the effects of the battle in the context of the wider war or campaign it is attached too, this is a useful feature allowing gaps in the war’s progress to be filled in while only “reporting” on a small number of battles. The ability to write every battle in a large war such as with the aschen is impractical, but highlighting a smaller number and writing those, with the aftermath saying that similar battles are taking place elsewhere with either positive or negative effects on the course of the war being stated clearly. The aftermath section is also used as a bridge between different sections or parts of a story ark, such as the continuing fight for alpha zetta, or in the Excalibur and forgotten peoples of Avalon storylines during 3.0. These longer storylines require many battles, preludes, aftermaths and connecting stories, and may be spread over an entire war, the prelude and aftermath sections of each battle in the series is a useful tool to brief the progress of the entire story, and this battles place within the context of that wider storyline.
          Last edited by immhotep; 19 August 2008, 07:39 AM.
          sigpic
          11000! green me

Comment

~The universe~
            ~Races in each galaxy~
            Andromeda
            Tauri
            Navo Aquientas
            Altairens
            Adnihlo
            Halen
            Ragz
            Vasilinok
            Reapers
            Venii
            Shrinyar
            Chi'Talin
            Valarans
            Thyss
            Gith

MW
            Tauri
            Aschen
            Asgard
            Adnihlo
            New Spartans
            Tokra
            Jaffa
            Hebridan
            Nox
            LHC
            Taulon
            Draconians
            Tagreans
            Talthuns
            Kelownans
            Shield
            Paradox

Pegasus
            Tauri
            Asgard
            Ancients/Lantians
            Vasilinok
            Wraith
            Satedans
            Athosians
            Reapers (pre-2035)

Aquarius

Crysalix
            Hemerans

Ida
            Asgard
            Tauri
            Jotnar
            Tuffel

Aquarius
            Scourge
            tharranians
            aquarians[got a few hours left so they will come up]
            crysallix
            valarans

Other
            Swarm
            Phantoms

~Allies~
            • Asgard - First major ally of Earth, great echnological, military, social and political ally in all of our actions since we opened the gate. Closest allied race to us.
            • Ancients - Iconic but comparatively weak civilization, has the potential to regrow and become the dominant power once again, at the moment limited by numbers alone, technologically superiour to most if not all races. Military strength when focused very strong but still weak agaisnt forces such us the wraith or aschen due to limited numbers.
            • Jaffa - Third power of the MW, strongly allied with us, deep bonds stretching since tealc, FJN formed by our help, civil war ended by our help, braytak and Ryac fought with us in Pegasus. Deep bond and strong military strength. Not limited by numbers, however technology level is only sufficent to cope with minor powers, can be unpredictable and rash. Founding member of the allience
            • Tokra - Deep bonds to Tauri, associated member of allience, minor military, technological level, numbers have limited thier progress. Founding member of allience but weakest of all races in the top tier.
            • Spartans - New race to galactic politics, military strength very powerful Economic strength rather limited. Technology level quite advanced, at or above goauld level. They are a new but very strong race and have developed a shared trust with the Tauri and the respect of other races for thier pure military excellence.
            • Nox - Old allience member, very wise, numbers limit an empire but out of pure respect they are the top tier. They were once reclusive but after many years we sought them out, after a decade and after the war with the ori ended they came out of seclusion. Now one of the top ideological powers, they are key in defence, cloaking and inteligence sources. Refugee services are strategically important.
            • Paradox community - Ellusive but very powerful society of members from the great allience that have reclaimed their place and become a power once more. They are trusted by the asgard and ancients, the Tauri are a little more wary as are many other races. They are however extremely knowledgeable and have much technology and wisdom to offer, out of respect to them being members of the great alliance they are in the top tier of space races.
            • Hebridans - Advanced and trustworthy race, extremely friendly, likeminded, military is strong, economy and numbers are strong and reliable. They are great friends to the Tauri and many other races, one of the most influential races, but not yet powerful. .
            • Travellers – Advanced and growing power in Pegasus, after the wraith wars ended they began to resettle and rebuild their civilization on the ground. They are a close ally of Earth and one of the few native Pegasus races who have space capable technology.
            • Navos Aqueietas – the New ancients are a powerful, advanced society of pre ascension ancients living in the Andromeda galaxy. They are the dominant form of ancients in this region of space, their population, fleet size, territory and influence in Andromeda is superior to every other race. Our friendship is just beginning and could be the basis for one of our most valuable since the Asgard.
            • Halen – Another ancient offshoot that are significantly more advanced evolutionarily than other ancients, similar to the priors and adria. Their population is of severe concern with predictions of total extinction within a few decades due to forced natural ascension. They are close allys with earth and their leader is Dr Jackson, formerly of SG1.
            • Vasilinok – close friends with some parts of our military yet largely secret to the rest of our population, they are an ancient offshoot that has traversed the galaxies searching for a place to call home, fostering many thousands of civilisations along its route. The future of the Vasilinok in relation to our people is unclear.

~Enemies~
            Wraith – Subdued
            Reaper – Ongoing combat
            Adnihlo – Subdued
            Goauld – Deceased/ Subdued
            Aschen – Subdued
            Asurian – Deceased
            Replicators – Deceased
            Orii – Deceased
            Swarm – Known threat
            Last edited by immhotep; 19 August 2008, 12:38 PM.
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

~Characters and Organisations, locations ~
              Here is a brief flavour of important places characters and locations, this is just a small sample from the fleet universe.
              Archgate - the leading archeological and culture organisation ever known, more powerful than nearly all government agencies. Founded by the opener of the gate, daniel jackson whose knowledge, experience and reputation put archgate at the forfront of intergalactic politics from its creation. It opperates in cells of up to 50 agents and has intricate ties with the military, opperates its own fleet and has diplomatic immunity on almost every planet in two galaxies. The tauri would not know or be half of what it is today with out this organisation and as such it is and will continue to be one of the cornerstones of intergalactic politics for the Tauri.

Aschen - Advanced enemy of the Tauri who once were destroyed by a black hole through thier stargate by us. They were founded by a Roman general who discovered gate travel from writings in ancient eygpt. While not a strictly evil race thier methods for domination of world in the aschen confederation were unethical to say the least. After the appointed Talos their leader he allied with the Adnihlo and he grew more and more tyranical and evil, leading to an attempt at conquering the galaxy and a war with the one superpower who could stop them. In the end the superpowers saw no end until an Aschen leader defected and help the Tauri destroy Talos. Helana is now the leader of the aschen.

Richardson, Admiral - Commander of the entire Tauri space military, most important military leader in the history of space. He is now 75 years old and has been given another 200 years to live by the aschen as thanks for saving them form talos. He is the most important political, military and diplomatic figure we have and his expertise, connections and power are unparralelled. He has risen from quite the nobody, the son of a AE scientist to become the greatest war leader in 2 galaxy. He has fought the wraith, goauld and aschen and won. Hewas once commander of the Leviathon and progressed the tactical use of hyperdrives beyond all others. He has a personal record which few can touch, he and leviathon has over 50 hive kills, he has killed Drac personally, survived attacked by Keb, Talos and the wraith high Queen. He is now ruler of who galaxies effectively, not because he has forced it, but because he has earned the respect of everyone who has ever known him. He is old friends with Thor, Freya, and Daniel Jackson, and personally broke down the time field around the ancients. He is a defacto member of the Valdir and the president of the MW allience council, after resigning from the PDF to fight the Aschen.

New London - Capitol city of the pegasus galaxy and the largest city in the pegasus galaxy or outside of Earth. Home to 2million people it was founded as a british research colony which exploded in to a town then city after D-day , eventually becoming capitol and replacing altantis as the capitol of the wrait resistance. It became home to division of every race ever known and one annex of the city was another cityship, valhalla home to the asgard population. It is one of the most important landmarks within our empire.

Talos - Evil dictator of the aschen, went to war with the tauri and tried to take over the galaxy. Threw the galaxy in to chaos and war as two superpowers clashed, or two people, as his bitter hatred for the admiral consumed him.

~Links to Alternate Fleets~
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=53814 alt
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41126 real
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=53978 other

Other Links:
              The Gate world Virtual Fleet Database: http://rapidshare.de/files/38729626/Database_Update.zip.html
              The Gateworld Virtual fleets Wiki:
              http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets
              Gateworld Fleet Modelling Package:
              http://rapidshare.de/files/46953303/Gateworld_Fleet_Modelling_Pack.rar.html
              Gateworld Fleet Websites:
              http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              The Gateworld Virtual Fleet Social group:
              http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=5
              My Fleet images gallery:
              http://forum.gateworld.net/album.php?albumid=5
              Glossery
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6921419&postcount=6749
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6921429&postcount=6750

The future

What does the future of the Gateworld fleets hold? Well in the near future it is sure to hold numberous debates about races, technology, episodes and mild mannered banter, interspersed with battles and storylines, perhaps the odd video or image. In the long term the fleets will hopefully strive ahead in to new and more exciting ventures, such as the swarm and civil wars, where alot of smaller events and storylines will come together to form a grander and clearer picture with which we can move forward in to 4.0 with. Ahh yes 4.0, the forth fleet, god knows how that will actually manifest itself, potentially even greater than the last three. There are long standing debates about how we should move forward, from post apocalyptic fleet to time travel storylines, to the focus on entirely new races and species. No doubt these debates will continue to the last breaths of 3.0.
              In terms of the development of the fleet concept and its expansion in to wider areas of fanfiction, there are, i believe plans for a fleet based virtual series, and the number of fleet’s, alternate to the core group have been highlighted above but i have begun to appreciate that the expansion of the fleet concept may be a great legacy. While i am incredibly loyal to my own fleets, the concept of virtual fleets should be widened to include new more diverse ideas and contributors that are unable to take part in my core fleets. Although i hope this guide will serve as a base introduction to the fleets and therefore allow more people to take up this concept. An ambition of mine since the beginning of the fleets was for a subsection of the science and technology section to be created, where the fleets could be allowed room to expand, with multiple threads for each fleet covering different aspects of the concept, with threads for race and ship voting processes, for battles, and for general discussion of various things, this ambition has yet to be realised but support from more members of this section (hint hint) would potentially give more weight to the idea to Darren. That is my hope for the future, that while the core fleets continue to grow and evolve, new and different fleets will emerge that take up this great concept and allow it to flourish as a fully recognised genre of fan fiction and the stargate online community.

Conclusion

That was it, my 10,000th post. For nearly 4 year i have been on GW and i am most proud of these fleets and my contribution to them. I have no intention of leave just yet, but i would like this guide to stand as a tribute to the fleets, and as a method for allowing new member to enjoy them as i have done for so long. I would like to thank everyone in the fleets for allowing this to continue for so long and become so amazing. Over a third of my 10,000 posts are made in the fleets and i am proud of most of them. Happy birthday to me, as the fleet have celebrated its second birthday, the third fleet also reached 10k, and the entire fleet concept is over 25,000 in size, i am lucky enough to be able to make my 10k post and my Gateworld birthday dedicated to them.

!10k!
              Immhotep
              Last edited by immhotep; 29 April 2009, 07:30 AM.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Let me be the first to congratulate you on 10,000 and making the guide tep.
                Science advisor hee hee .

Comment

My lord, how long did all that take?
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

And he forgot the Razg. *sigh* I have to write some more battles for them.

Comment

Tep has just said to me he's holding the moment for now. So will probably post a bit later.

Comment

OMG! FREAKIN AWESOME TEP!

Special mention... haha, thanks a bunch Tep. I appreciate it.

To answer your question, I will continue to be a major role in this fleet and be here to help you all. I will continue my work on the Wikia, Navos, my races, guides and tips for individuals that I find that are helpful (p.s. i'm fixing up the guide i showed you yesterday), and I will continue to do much more as well.
                        sigpic
                        You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

tep, change the race list.

=Aquarius=
                          -Crysalix
                          -Hemerans

i scrapped the rest, remember?

Comment

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not listed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sobs in dispair*
                            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post

*sobs in dispair*
                              Ah cheer up mate. Importance is a relative measurement. You see it's like...i can't think of a good analogy, but wehre was i? oh yeah: Importance is relative...

Comment

Ok to break the despair from my lack of posting. Here my first post as an OAP.
                                And he forgot the Razg. *sigh* I have to write some more battles for them.
                                Yes i did.
                                Tep has just said to me he's holding the moment for now. So will probably post a bit later.
                                Moments over.
                                OMG! FREAKIN AWESOME TEP!

Special mention... haha, thanks a bunch Tep. I appreciate it.

To answer your question, I will continue to be a major role in this fleet and be here to help you all. I will continue my work on the Wikia, Navos, my races, guides and tips for individuals that I find that are helpful (p.s. i'm fixing up the guide i showed you yesterday), and I will continue to do much more as well
                                It wasnt a question, it was a tribute.
                                tep, change the race list.
                                Done.
                                i scrapped the rest, remember?
                                Yep i remember. Me and MMD were chatting about that last night..at length

*sobs in dispair*
                                You were going to be. As was Tom, Killman, Freyas mother,, fugiman, maniacmike, AJT, Extrenix, Jonza, RJB and Bo. The thing is, i couldnt write a tribute to all, and i couldnt even copy and paste the list of post counts for each thread because the HTML took up 70,000 characters. So yes there are only four tributes, but i had to pick the ones i really felt i wanted to talk about. Zake, Buba and David T have IMO throughout the fleets added the most out of all the members, and in 3.0 MMD has had a great impact. The members ive just mentioned have all been amazing and i would easily do a tribute to you all at a later point but i just didnt on this occasion because you know that i apprechiate everything people put in to the fleets regardless of how it impacts or actually gets in to the fleet. For every race, ship and character in the fleets there are dozens that have been put forward, and that to me shows that people care and want to take part in the fleets, and thats very important to me, not that that didnt get through or whatever because i know that sucks, and i do, i havent got everything i wanted in the fleets for the record and things i have put in have been dropped altogether. But that people want to contribute and people still post, its important. So i didnt tribute everyone or give everyone a special mention, but i shouldnt need to because you all mean alot to me and to this fleet, it couldnt be here without everyone else that has helped it along the way.

Tep
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X