Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    The humans got trapped outside the shield when the shield went up. They took up positions to try and do some damage. Lack of orbital bombardment on the shield was because if they broke through the shield a megaton of damage struck the hall it would have been over. Over other area's, they didn't want to kill their own troops. Mass cullings were put off by rail gun positions and the fact fighters focused on the shield. It was a city, their were no bunkers in place.

As to the public transport and tactical nukes...fair points although they were caught off guard and public transport through the shield would have been limited.
    WOuldn't there been gates where the firendlies would be able to enter, usualy protected by havy firepower?

Mass culings could have been conducted by capital ships, like destroyers, which would habve been durable enough to wistand AAAs and in turn elimintte the human/navo SAM/SARG positions.

Orbital bombardment would be aimed at teh edge of the shield, away from the hall and incidently, where most human forces would be, protecting whatever civilians survived inside a protective circle.

And teams could have been dispatched through the sield, we've seem beaming through shields multiple times, it takes the right codes.

Comment

absoluetly loved it. deffinately greened.
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

I added the Shrin'Yar stuff. And I incorporate elements of CoT into my Shrin'Yar time-line; trust me, your race fits, but MMD gave me to believe the Tau'ri would be largely unaffected. You can wipe out hundreds of worlds, as long as they're not Tau'ri ones that I've stated already, or Galerite ones. I can adapt to it because I've already given leeway.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

a few...unlucky tauri worlds will be caught. they pick off Fringe Words first, then battle their way through the navo territory.

annother idea of mine is simple: in the navo's detour to Aquarius, we'll see hints of my previous spinned races. and strong indications the crysalix actually wiped Aquarius clean.

Comment

buba, smart use of Eradicators. inside a city, the're too big and heavy to properly move around. so buildings will have to fall for them. but they're excellent shield killers. also cool how the Chaos used tactical assault to pave a way for the final blow

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              WOuldn't there been gates where the firendlies would be able to enter, usualy protected by havy firepower?

Mass culings could have been conducted by capital ships, like destroyers, which would habve been durable enough to wistand AAAs and in turn elimintte the human/navo SAM/SARG positions.

Orbital bombardment would be aimed at teh edge of the shield, away from the hall and incidently, where most human forces would be, protecting whatever civilians survived inside a protective circle.

And teams could have been dispatched through the sield, we've seem beaming through shields multiple times, it takes the right codes.
              Halen don't have that kind of beaming as far as I know. We've also seen shields top beaming so its contradictory. It was a shield that stopped everything coming in and out. There were no destroyers. There were no gates. It was a shield dome.

Have anything good to say? lol
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

My new Paradox cruiser draft one....

Spoiler:
                Type: Ancient/Asgard cruiser

Ships Made:
                >> One

Technology: Asgard/Ancient

Used by:
                >> Originally Janus as part of the Paradox
                >> Paradox off shoot

Hull: Trinium/Naquadah/Carbon alloy

Dimensions:
                Length: 450m
                Beam: 235m
                Height: 180m

Crew:
                Minimum: 1
                Maximum: 100

Craft:
                2x Gateships (Puddle Jumpers)

Power plant:
                Asgard NIGs
                1x ZPM

Engines:
                Asgard Hyperdrive Generator
                Ancient Sublight engines

Armament/Weapons:
                Lantian Beam Weapons
                Asgard Pulse Weapons
                Ancient Phased Electromagnetic Field Generator device

Defences:
                Asgard/Ancient hybrid shield emitters
                Ancient Phased Cloak

Other Technology:
                Usual Ancient and Asgard technology
                Ancient time machine (Janus design)
                Ancient Molecular Construction Device

History:

Pictures:

Comment

Originally posted by Einherjar View Post
                  My new Paradox cruiser draft one....

Spoiler:
                  Type: Ancient/Asgard cruiser

Ships Made:
                  >> One

Technology: Asgard/Ancient

Used by:
                  >> Originally Janus as part of the Paradox
                  >> Paradox off shoot

Hull: Trinium/Naquadah/Carbon alloy

Dimensions:
                  Length: 450m
                  Beam: 235m
                  Height: 180m

Crew:
                  Minimum: 1
                  Maximum: 100

Craft:
                  2x Gateships (Puddle Jumpers)

Power plant:
                  Asgard NIGs
                  1x ZPM

Engines:
                  Asgard Hyperdrive Generator
                  Ancient Sublight engines

Armament/Weapons:
                  Lantian Beam Weapons
                  Asgard Pulse Weapons
                  Ancient Phased Electromagnetic Field Generator device

Defences:
                  Asgard/Ancient hybrid shield emitters
                  Ancient Phased Cloak

Other Technology:
                  Usual Ancient and Asgard technology
                  Ancient time machine (Janus design)
                  Ancient Molecular Construction Device

History:

Pictures:

If its Janus' ship I'd keep it purely Ancient. When he was around I don't see the Asgard being able to offer anything.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

If its Janus' ship I'd keep it purely Ancient. When he was around I don't see the Asgard being able to offer anything.
                    Havn't done the history but the ship was damaged and the asgard helped rebuild part of it....

Comment

Originally posted by Einherjar View Post
                      Havn't done the history but the ship was damaged and the asgard helped rebuild part of it....
                      Ok. So originally it was all Ancient and the Asgard filled in the broken bits with their inferior technology lol .

Comment

Inferior?! The parts that have been patched up seem to be areas where the asgard are more advanced today than the ancinets would have been when they built it, ie hyperdrives and shields. So i think a base of Aurora with Oniel componants would be a pretty awesome ship.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Ok. So originally it was all Ancient and the Asgard filled in the broken bits with their inferior technology lol .
                          Basically yes, you use what is readily available and easily updatable...

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            Inferior?! The parts that have been patched up seem to be areas where the asgard are more advanced today than the ancinets would have been when they built it, ie hyperdrives and shields. So i think a base of Aurora with Oniel componants would be a pretty awesome ship.
                            Shields? What a joke. And hyperdrives? Possibly. I'm not convinced the Ancients best drives were slower than Asgard versions. An Aurora with a ZPM would be an awesome ship there's no need for Asgard components providing the Ancients gave it one of their best hyperdrives too.

Comment

It debatable, we both know that, but i do not think inferior is the right word. Reletively if you need to patch up a ship, asgard tech isnt exactly a shabby substitute for any race.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Halen don't have that kind of beaming as far as I know. We've also seen shields top beaming so its contradictory. It was a shield that stopped everything coming in and out. There were no destroyers. There were no gates. It was a shield dome.

Have anything good to say? lol
                                You have everyone else or that!

I'm talking about the public beming booths and light rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X