Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 Words for 4000 pages

Title: Not Always Like The Movies
    Summary: Sometimes, Hollywood got it wrong.
    Rating: Mario Kart rating = E for everyone
    Characters: john & Teyla
    Pairing: John/Teyla
    Setting: Post-Season4/Mid Season 5

Spoiler:
    A lone beam of sunlight streamed in the window and he blinked rapidly as it assaulted his sleepy eyes. Outside the window, the trees still whistled in the wind, the rain still falling from the sparse clouds, whipping at the leafy trees.

So much for his belief that the storm would pass overnight.

That’s how it happens in the movies, he’d assured her and she’d simply raised an amused eyebrow before settling into the not-so-comfortable seat of his rented hybrid.

He should have known, by now, not to trust what happens in the movies because he’d been proved wrong too many times of late; it was not just Spider-Man who could scale walls and the pregnant woman did not always give birth in those types of situations.

He wondered how Hollywood had gotten it so wrong.

A laugh escaped him at that thought; saying that, Hollywood did believe the Americans single-handedly won the Great War alongside counterparts the Germ-English.

He opened the door and looked down to the mud covered wheels and realised that, yes, they were in fact still very much stuck in the dirt track road leading to his father’s old get away cabin.

He sighed and banged the door shut, wincing when Teyla began to stir at the sound. He reached out to her and covered her hand with his own and she smiled for a moment before blinking up at him. He smiled as she looked up at him, her hair mussed from where she’d slept on it through the night.

“I see it is still raining.” He nodded. “Not like the movies then?” He frowned at her and looked away, trying not to smile. “What shall we do now?”

He turned back to her and was caught by the way the overcast skies seemed to darken her eyes.

“It wouldn’t be so bad if we just sat here for the rest of our vacation, would it?”

She studied his face to see if he was joking and he tried to reign in his desire to smile. She pursed her lips and looked around.

“Despite the beauty of our surroundings, John, I would not mind more space to move about.”

“What do you need space for?”

And then she shifted over the gear stick and into his lap, easily, his arms coming around her.

“Oh...” He murmured, smiling happily as her lips came down on his.
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      LOL. Don't worry Cazz. Take your time.

Congrats on 4000 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not that great with wallies, but here's four.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
      Hi everybody !
      CONGRATULATIONS everyone for 4000 pages.
      Sadly I haven't much time left but I thought you had such a good and nice idea so I tried to do little things 4 icons and my fav moments sorry to don't do more I'll try later
      4 fav moments It was really difficult to choose only 4 and I'm sure tomorrow I would chose another
      Spoiler:

4 icons

I have to go HUGS everybody

Stunning work, you two!
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Those are good Sci!
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
          400 Words for 4000 pages

Spoiler:
          A lone beam of sunlight streamed in the window and he blinked rapidly as it assaulted his sleepy eyes. Outside the window, the trees still whistled in the wind, the rain still falling from the sparse clouds, whipping at the leafy trees.

That’s how it happens in the movies, he’d assured her and she’d simply raised an amused eyebrow before settling into the not-so-comfortable seat of his rented hybrid.

He should have known, by now, not to trust what happens in the movies because he’d been proved wrong too many times of late; it was not just Spider-Man who could scale walls and the pregnant woman did not always give birth in those types of situations.

A laugh escaped him at that thought; saying that, Hollywood did believe the Americans single-handedly won the Great War alongside counterparts the Germ-English.

He opened the door and looked down to the mud covered wheels and realised that, yes, they were in fact still very much stuck in the dirt track road leading to his father’s old get away cabin.

He sighed and banged the door shut, wincing when Teyla began to stir at the sound. He reached out to her and covered her hand with his own and she smiled for a moment before blinking up at him. He smiled as she looked up at him, her hair mussed from where she’d slept on it through the night.

“I see it is still raining.” He nodded. “Not like the movies then?” He frowned at her and looked away, trying not to smile. “What shall we do now?”

He turned back to her and was caught by the way the overcast skies seemed to darken her eyes.

“It wouldn’t be so bad if we just sat here for the rest of our vacation, would it?”

She studied his face to see if he was joking and he tried to reign in his desire to smile. She pursed her lips and looked around.

“Despite the beauty of our surroundings, John, I would not mind more space to move about.”

And then she shifted over the gear stick and into his lap, easily, his arms coming around her.

*passes out* An honest-to-goodness non-angsty fic?

Awesome, Laura! I've got a smile on my face!
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
            A couple of fics for the awesome 4,000 pages!!!!

First, an old one which I had to tweak so it was 400 words exactly! As always, thanks to MrsB who had the wonderful prompt last year of John and Teyla having a heated argument....

Spoiler:
            Teyla couldn't remember the last time she had ever felt so insulted. Looking at Sheppard, her anger flared again. How dare he stand there, smiling that arrogant smile? Finally, she had enough. She had to say something.

Calmly, she said, "I can not believe you think this is true."

He smirked, knowing he was right. "Of course it is. Even McKay's told me so," he shot back.

Teyla shook her head. There was no way she could possibly believe him. "I disagree. Perhaps it is because you are his friend he told you that. But, Colonel, believe me when I say that you are wrong."

Sheppard couldn't believe his ears. How could she look at him and seriously think he wasn't right? "Listen, don't get all defensive just because you are mistaken. If it makes you feel any better, I'd say you come in a close second," he paused, looking at her carefully. "Well, maybe third. Ronan is serious competition."

Seeing that the conversation wasn't productive, Teyla took a step back. "Then perhaps it is best that we stop this discussion."

Sheppard invaded her personal space, leaning close to her. "Not until you admit it."

Teyla shook her head. "I am afraid I can not, Colonel. My people find lying to be a despicable act," she spat.

He rolled his eyes. Sometimes she could be so feisty, he thought. "It's not lying when it's true."

Of all the stubborn people she had met in her life, John had to be one of the worst, she decided. "Colonel," she started, "I do not--"

“This had gone on long enough, Teyla. Do you want me to get Elizabeth involved?" he asked, knowing what her response would be.

Teyla's eyes widened. How dare he threaten her? However, there was no way she would allow for her friend to get dragged into this mess. Besides, she had a strong feeling Elizabeth would agree with John. "No!"

Finally, progress, he thought. "Then say it."

Teyla mumbled, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of hearing her concede her point.

Sheppard broke out into a smile. "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Teyla met his gaze, fire burning in her eyes. She knew, however, that he would continue until he heard her say the words. "You have the best hair on Atlantis. Are you happy now?"

Sheppard ran his hand through his hair. "You bet."

I started reading this and soon remembered it. What a freaking riot man. There may have even been a corresponding MP to go with this fic.

Here's my dusty old contribution for the 4000 jam:

Spoiler:
            “Colonel, if we don’t get her back….” Kanan said. Colonel Sheppard whipped around and pointed his finger directly into Kanan’s surprised faced and he began to shout. “I don’t want to hear ONE WORD from you about her! If it wasn’t for you she wouldn’t even be in this position!” He turned wildly toward the others. “Could somebody get this guy out of my face please?!”

Ronon and Rodney simply gaped, although Ronon’s leg motioned forward momentarily, he decidedly remained exactly where he was.

Kanans’ surprise turned quickly into anger and the scowl on his face grew like a thick dark cloud. “I am becoming less and less tolerant of your disrespectful and unwarranted behavior Colonel. Should I not be worried that the mother of my child, my wife to be, has be kidnapped by a rogue Wraith that seemingly has a vendetta against you and your expedition for experimenting on him and ultimately severing him permanently from his people? If we are to assign blame Colonel, I would say that burden would fall to you and yours.”

Colonel Sheppard rushed forward knocking Kanan off his feet and launched him into a nearby wall. His fist was curled tightly around the Athosians’ shirtfront while he searched the man eyes for something, anything to give him a reason to take him down.

Ronon and Rodney ran towards them, both anxiously trying to separate the two men before things could become any worse.

Sheppard snarled into Kanan’s face and spoke harshly as spit flew carelessly from his mouth. “Don’t talk about things you don’t understand. And don’t you EVER tell me how to do my job!”

Finally, Ronon had succeeded in separating the two and shoved Sheppard back a few feet, though he did not move from his spot between the two opposing men.

“We are getting her back and she is staying here with us Kanan. I’m not letting you take her away and I don’t care what your people think of us or of what happened, Teyla’s place is here, with us. This is her home,” Sheppard said, his eyes never leaving Kanan’s.

Kanan’s face lit suddenly, as if finally some elusive mystery or missing piece of truth had finally been acknowledged. “What you really mean to say Colonel is her place is here with YOU.”

Rodney and Ronon said nothing but their gazes were set on Colonel Sheppard and from the looks on their faces, Sheppard knew in an instant that they agreed with what Kanan had just said, as if all along they had known his feelings when he himself did not.

Sheppard started to shake his head and stammer awkwardly, “That-that’s not what I said. I said—“

“You are either a fool Colonel or privy to information that I have not,” Kanan said evenly. “You do remember of course that she is carrying my child, and that when this madness if over it is her and I are that to be wed.”

Ronon and Rodney’s expressions went from one of understanding to one of pity as they moved their gaze along with the conversation from one man to the other and now their sights rested again on the Colonel.

Sheppard felt crazed, out of control, and the thought that this man Kanan or any man could hold any power over him was too much to bear. “You don’t understand. You could never understand the things we’ve been through together! What we have is-is…..”

“Is never going to pass Colonel, of that I can assure you,” Kanan spoke with a renewed eerie calm. He turned to Ronon and Rodney briefly. “Please let me know if anything regarding Teyla is discovered.”

Kanan made his leave of the room, stopping only once at the entranceway and giving Sheppard a look of pure contempt just before he fell out of view.

Sheppard lunged towards the now empty doorway though only to be caught by Ronon’s swift arm.

“Don’t,” Ronon gruffed. “Not now anyways……We have work to do.”

“Yes, “ Rodney chimed in heading back to the computer. “Let’s find Teyla shall we?”

Comment

YC & Gator: Awesome job, both of you!

Comment

Here's my new fic...

This is based around a particular outfit we have heard about, but no specific spoilers.

Spoiler:
                She was breathtaking beautiful, John thought as the doors to his quarters slid apart revealing Teyla.

Teyla walked in, an uncertain smile on her face. When she stood in front of him, she twirled around slowly. “Do I look alright?” she asked nervously.

His answer was a huge smile and a slow nod.

If someone asked John, he wouldn’t be able to explain why he asked Teyla to come to his room, dressed to the nines. It was almost as if it was a dream. However, he didn’t care if the sight in front of him was a product of his own imagination; it didn‘t make her look any less stunning.

The evening dress was an emerald green, cut low, revealing a tempting look of Teyla’s cleavage. The dress hugged her body, showing off the delicious curves John ached to touch. Her leg peeked out of the provocatively cut slit running up the side. Her four-inch high black heals completed the outfit.

As always, she looked gorgeous as the candlelight from the dresser hit her face. Her hair cascaded around her face in soft curls. John looked at her lips, which looked perfectly kissable to him. Her eyes, which were watching him closely, gave him a glimpse into how she was feeling: nervous but happy to be there.

Color crept on her cheeks. Never had John openly looked at her body. There was something tantalizing about the way he made he feel so womanly with just a single look. After looking at her for a few more seconds, John finally pulled his gaze away.

“You look…incredible,” he said softly, surprising them both. Words of attraction were never shared between them. It was an unspoken rule in their careful dance between friendship and a relationship.

Teyla felt the heat rise in her cheeks. “Thank you,“ she whispered. The sparks of sexual tension snapped in the room.

Teyla finally broke the silence. “Is there something I should be doing?” she wondered, a bit flustered by John’s undivided attention.

“No,” he said, shaking his head slightly, “you’re perfect just the way you are.” John slowly took a step forward and grabbed Teyla’s face, like he had years before. He ran his hand through her hair and kissed her.

After several moments, the kiss ended. He pulled away slightly. “You really should wear this dress more often,” he said before he kissed her again.
                Wow!

CONGRATS ON REACHING 4000 POSTS TO ALL!
                sigpic
                Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

400 Words for 4000 pages

Spoiler:

Nice vacation they had, lol.

Ok, my four fav moments.

1. Kiss in "Conversion"
                  2. He cares for you line from "The long Goodbye"
                  3. Hug in "Doppleanger"
                  4. "Lifeline" scene where he tells her to stay behind to lead the people
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Phew! Just in time . . .

Wooohoooo! 400 pages! Well, here's 4 icons - didn't have time to make sigs

*Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Jess!!!
                      I remember that fic. I loved it.
                      Awesome new fic. If only.

Wooohoooo Laura!!!
                      Very nice fic.

Stunning work, you two!
                      Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                      Those are good Sci!
                      Thanks Jess and Padme.

Comment

400 words for 400 pages, part two

Title: California Sands
                        Summary: He loved the ocean; it soothed him with it's gentle swish, swish, swish against the shore.
                        Characters: John
                        Pairing: John/Teyla (if you look really hard )
                        Rating: Mario Kart

Spoiler:
                        The sun dipped low over the horizon, tainting the once blue sky with an amethyst tint. The clouds were lined with gold, the silver, glittering stars stunning him with their beauty.

He took a long breath, seeking to fill his lungs with the scent of the ocean once more, the sand falling from his grasp as he took large handfuls between his fingers.

This was his favourite spot in California. The sun beat mercilessly onto bronzing bodies during the daylight hours but at night, the city seemed to come to life with a different kind of purpose.

He had sought the sands of California for this different beat; he had believed the vibrations would finally tell his heart (and his head) what it was he truly wanted to do. The answer seemed simple, but when he thought about it he couldn’t quite get his head around it, too many different scenarios popping in and out.

He loved the ocean; it soothed him, the waves meeting the shore in a gentle swish, swish, swish. The sea breeze helped cool the heat the day time sun had shamelessly caused.

After spending so long in Antarctica, he felt he was owed some quality warmth. After all, it may be his last.

His mission to find this old City seemed suicidal, maniacal and he wondered whether he needed to call the psyches on the people he’d met not more than a day ago. General O’Neill had given him and ultimatum, one he’d been sure would be easy to fulfil.

But as the day had worn on, it had become more difficult. A journey to another galaxy seemed like an opportunity that couldn’t be missed. And yet, he found himself unable to resolve himself of the fact he may never be coming back. He may never see the faces of his few friends, his ex-wife, his dog ever again. He’d never see a sunset like the one in front of him ever again.

He may not even live ‘til the end of the week.

But there was something there, something coursing through his blood, telling him he had to go. It felt like a calling – it was sure as hell an act of fate that he’d been asked.

There was something waiting for him in Pegasus, he was sure of it.

He just wasn’t sure he man enough to claim it as his own.

Comment

*passes out* An honest-to-goodness non-angsty fic?

Awesome, Laura! I've got a smile on my face!
                          I can do those... from time to time

Comment

CONGRATS ON 4000 POSTS!

1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

All I'm going to say is that it's very sad news and this is why I really want to do her suggestion for 4000 pages.

http://maffieg.livejournal.com/5741.html
                              I left her a message, made me so sad to read that. Thanks for posting sci.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                              Hi everybody !
                              CONGRATULATIONS everyone for 4000 pages.
                              Sadly I haven't much time left but I thought you had such a good and nice idea so I tried to do little things 4 icons and my fav moments sorry to don't do more I'll try later :
                              4 fav moments It was really difficult to choose only 4 and I'm sure tomorrow I would chose another
                              Spoiler:

4 icons
                              Spoiler:

I have to go HUGS everybody
                              Great artwork Asgard!

A couple of fics for the awesome 4,000 pages!!!!

First, an old one which I had to tweak so it was 400 words exactly! As always, thanks to MrsB who had the wonderful prompt last year of John and Teyla having a heated argument....

Spoiler:
                              Teyla couldn't remember the last time she had ever felt so insulted. Looking at Sheppard, her anger flared again. How dare he stand there, smiling that arrogant smile? Finally, she had enough. She had to say something.

Calmly, she said, "I can not believe you think this is true."

He smirked, knowing he was right. "Of course it is. Even McKay's told me so," he shot back.

Teyla shook her head. There was no way she could possibly believe him. "I disagree. Perhaps it is because you are his friend he told you that. But, Colonel, believe me when I say that you are wrong."

Sheppard couldn't believe his ears. How could she look at him and seriously think he wasn't right? "Listen, don't get all defensive just because you are mistaken. If it makes you feel any better, I'd say you come in a close second," he paused, looking at her carefully. "Well, maybe third. Ronan is serious competition."

Seeing that the conversation wasn't productive, Teyla took a step back. "Then perhaps it is best that we stop this discussion."

Sheppard invaded her personal space, leaning close to her. "Not until you admit it."

Teyla shook her head. "I am afraid I can not, Colonel. My people find lying to be a despicable act," she spat.

He rolled his eyes. Sometimes she could be so feisty, he thought. "It's not lying when it's true."

Of all the stubborn people she had met in her life, John had to be one of the worst, she decided. "Colonel," she started, "I do not--"

“This had gone on long enough, Teyla. Do you want me to get Elizabeth involved?" he asked, knowing what her response would be.

Teyla's eyes widened. How dare he threaten her? However, there was no way she would allow for her friend to get dragged into this mess. Besides, she had a strong feeling Elizabeth would agree with John. "No!"

Finally, progress, he thought. "Then say it."

Teyla mumbled, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of hearing her concede her point.

Sheppard broke out into a smile. "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Teyla met his gaze, fire burning in her eyes. She knew, however, that he would continue until he heard her say the words. "You have the best hair on Atlantis. Are you happy now?"

Sheppard ran his hand through his hair. "You bet."

Hilarious - loved it!

LOL. Don't worry Cazz. Take your time.

Congrats on 4000 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not that great with wallies, but here's four.

Great wallies sci - I think you are very good with those!

Here's my new fic...

This is based around a particular outfit we have heard about, but no specific spoilers.

Spoiler:
                              She was breathtaking beautiful, John thought as the doors to his quarters slid apart revealing Teyla.

Teyla walked in, an uncertain smile on her face. When she stood in front of him, she twirled around slowly. “Do I look alright?” she asked nervously.

His answer was a huge smile and a slow nod.

If someone asked John, he wouldn’t be able to explain why he asked Teyla to come to his room, dressed to the nines. It was almost as if it was a dream. However, he didn’t care if the sight in front of him was a product of his own imagination; it didn‘t make her look any less stunning.

The evening dress was an emerald green, cut low, revealing a tempting look of Teyla’s cleavage. The dress hugged her body, showing off the delicious curves John ached to touch. Her leg peeked out of the provocatively cut slit running up the side. Her four-inch high black heals completed the outfit.

As always, she looked gorgeous as the candlelight from the dresser hit her face. Her hair cascaded around her face in soft curls. John looked at her lips, which looked perfectly kissable to him. Her eyes, which were watching him closely, gave him a glimpse into how she was feeling: nervous but happy to be there.

Color crept on her cheeks. Never had John openly looked at her body. There was something tantalizing about the way he made he feel so womanly with just a single look. After looking at her for a few more seconds, John finally pulled his gaze away.

“You look…incredible,” he said softly, surprising them both. Words of attraction were never shared between them. It was an unspoken rule in their careful dance between friendship and a relationship.

Teyla felt the heat rise in her cheeks. “Thank you,“ she whispered. The sparks of sexual tension snapped in the room.

Teyla finally broke the silence. “Is there something I should be doing?” she wondered, a bit flustered by John’s undivided attention.

“No,” he said, shaking his head slightly, “you’re perfect just the way you are.” John slowly took a step forward and grabbed Teyla’s face, like he had years before. He ran his hand through her hair and kissed her.

After several moments, the kiss ended. He pulled away slightly. “You really should wear this dress more often,” he said before he kissed her again.
                              Aww, super sweet and cute!

400 Words for 4000 pages

Spoiler:

Very cute! Awesome job gater!!
                              *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

These are great! The icons! The stories! All wonderful!

And as I've only just dipped my toes in on John/Teyla stuff, here is 4 pieces of art for Maff.

Happy 4000 pages to us! And I managed to get 1400 posts!
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X