12 Monkeys coming on SYFY (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Re: Was that Sam who went back into the time storm? I thought so too at first, but the boy was younger and shorter than Sam the last time we saw him.

As to what year Sam ended up, I just double checked and it's not clear. The caption "Year" fluctuated back and forth as far back as the 1000s, but didn't stop on any particular year before it disappeared from the screen. He may still be in 2044 for all we know.

I'm sure we have not seen the last of Agent Gale, but that doesn't mean he will show up in the next episode, or even this year. Hopefully so, because to answer another question from above, no, the show has not been renewed yet.

Comment

if the show doesn't get renewed, we will never find out who the Witness is, and I hope we do find out. I really hope it gets a season 3 . We have 3 episodes left this season.

Comment

Wow. It's getting less than half a million viewers according to tvseriesfinale.com.
        I'll be surprised if it gets a 3rd season. =(

Comment

^^Not good news-if it doesn't get a season 3 I hope we get some closure at the end of this season. I hope it isn't cancelled. I was hoping the lack of chatter even on this forum wasn't a sign.

Comment

I'm watching it, but several weeks behind. I got caught up for one week, and then missed a few again. I'm about 2 weeks back now, I think. So that's why I haven't been posting about it. But this board is too quiet. As Ian-S pointed out, Time travel stories can be difficult to follow, and that might turn some viewers away. "Continuum" got confusing at times too.

Comment

I've been watching it, and I've really enjoyed this season so far. I hope it doesn't get canceled, but it probably will be. I also hope it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.
              sigpic

Comment

I frequently work Monday nights but I have on Demand so I try to catch up as soon as they put it up, usually before the next EP airs so I can catch it live if I have the next Monday off.
                I don't know if on Demand and Internet viewing count for ratings, though. The second airing is so late(after 1 AM ) that I can't stay up and watch it like I used to with the other shows that aired on a certain night at 8 pm my time, then would re-air at 11. I work until 10. Then I would catch the second airing after I got home, so as to watch live to make sure it counted for the ratings.
                Anyway, I do hope we get some kind of closure if this doesn't get renewed.

Comment

Whatever they did, it's in the can now, not likely to change. They may not even know if they're renewed before the finale airs.

If needed, maybe they'll do a half-season to wind it up, like Continuum did.

Comment

If anything Hunters will be cancelled, I do hope we get more of 12 Monkeys.

I guess now we know why Cole was at the door so quick, also
                    Spoiler:
                    Does Jenifer hint that her and Cole were something in the past (future?), obviously they've bought her younger self forward in time to lead the charge to Titan, but eventually someone will need to send her back to the point she left.

I suspect they are setting up:
                    Cole and the Dr get stuck in 1957 and shack up together, they fail and perhaps she dies, eventually Cole gets bought back to the future by the witness, where he finally discovers the witness was Sam and was controlling everything from the start to simple get back to his dad, Ramsey obviously didn't kill his son, and everybody lives happilly ever after in the red forest (Jenifer is probably sent back to 2016 once she gets to Titan where there's a third time machine because she cannot complete her story without doing so).

Whether they can fit that into two episodes is another thing.
                    Last edited by Ian-S; 29 June 2016, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Yay! it's been renewed for a third season. I was so afraid Syfy would cancel it.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/29...ason-3-renewal
                      sigpic

Comment

Great news. There's a special showing tonight of the next two episodes at the Paley Center. I'll probably have to say offline for the next couple of weeks to avoid spoilers. They won't air until July 11 & 18.

Comment

Good news. I'm glad to see this renewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            If anything Hunters will be cancelled, I do hope we get more of 12 Monkeys.

I guess now we know why Cole was at the door so quick, also
                            Spoiler:
                            Does Jenifer hint that her and Cole were something in the past (future?), obviously they've bought her younger self forward in time to lead the charge to Titan, but eventually someone will need to send her back to the point she left.

I suspect they are setting up:
                            Cole and the Dr get stuck in 1957 and shack up together, they fail and perhaps she dies, eventually Cole gets bought back to the future by the witness, where he finally discovers the witness was Sam and was controlling everything from the start to simple get back to his dad, Ramsey obviously didn't kill his son, and everybody lives happilly ever after in the red forest (Jenifer is probably sent back to 2016 once she gets to Titan where there's a third time machine because she cannot complete her story without doing so).

Whether they can fit that into two episodes is another thing.
                            yes sounds like a very plausible ending,
                            Spoiler:
                            Most people seem to think Sam is the Witness, both here and other places I've seen people talk about it(comments on reviews) but they could have a surprise in for us.

Good news that it was renewed, even if for 10 episodes!

Comment

10 episodes? Dam and yay, dam cos it means it's probably the last series, but yay we get more and the writers hopefully wrap it up properly!

Comment

SyFy seems to be doing that more as of late. Continuum, then Haven both went out like that. It's like they're giving series predetermined lifespans.

Comment

Working...
                                X