Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    No, it's not stupid.

I don't do horror either so I can understand the sentiment. Some of my friends will be watching it and they know my level of tolerance for horror and will let me know if it will be OK to watch.
    I have my Tivo set to record this, but after hearing more about it I'm likely to wait to actually watch it. I don't do horror either, much too squeamish.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      No, it's not stupid.

I don't do horror either so I can understand the sentiment. Some of my friends will be watching it and they know my level of tolerance for horror and will let me know if it will be OK to watch.
      Liking or disliking the horror is not the point. I am not a big fan of horror myself. I just do not think its wise to not watch it because someone else says it has too much horror. We have no idea what the two people's definiation of "too much horror" is.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

The producers are using the concept and title, but after that, all bets are off. Hopefully, they are taking a cue from Haven, which has done the same thing quite successfully.

They have changed the ending so renewal is possible. They are also changing some off the characters and not killing some off.

The novel's concept of a town cut off is interesting, but it turned too Lord of the Flies on steroids too fast.

After
        Spoiler:

The brutal beating of one woman (to death) and the gang rape of another
        , I didn't care about the concept anymore.

Under the Dome is one of King's most hated books in part because of the level of violence.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Liking or disliking the horror is not the point. I am not a big fan of horror myself. I just do not think its wise to not watch it because someone else says it has too much horror. We have no idea what the two people's definiation of "too much horror" is.
          I actually enjoyed the book, I wasn't trying to turn anyone off from either book or show, just commenting on my low level of tolerance to the violence people used against each other, and that was the hard part about the book for me. I can take horror/sci fi and fantasy stuff anytime. I'm looking forward to seeing the show!

Comment

Nice start to the series

i havent read the book so i have no idea what i'm getting into here
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

It is all good but something was missing I couldn't put my finger on - but it certainly hold my interest and kind of reminded me of LOST somehow... a little bit, from the way it was shot and all but maybe it was just me. Anyway, gonna tune in next week as well.
              sigpic

Comment

Liked the premier, will definitely give this series another episode or two.

Comment

I liked the first episode, I'm looking forward to the next one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, so obviously I missed the first ep. What's the time/channel?
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
                      I'm currently reading the book. I read that they will leave the season open ended just in case it gets picked up for a second season.
                      I hope not. I'd rather they tell the complete story in 13 episodes. After all, they're not creating the story as they go. They're adapting a finished book. If they try to prolong it for as long as they're able, the quality will suffer and we might well be left hanging with a canceled series and unfinished story.

Comment

Ugh, after all the anticipation I went to the DVR to watch last night only to find out I forgot to set it to record....now I gotta wait for them to air it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Ok, so obviously I missed the first ep. What's the time/channel?
                          It's on Mondays at 10 on CBS. The first episode is on the CBS website now, and I think they are going to air it again on Sun at 9pm.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's good to know I'm not alone in my squeamishness. I did watch it, but not live in case I needed to FF past violence and gore. I'm intrigued by the dome part, and I do like people-coping-with-disaster stuff, but if it's too violent and/or gory I'll just ask someone to tell me how the book ends and move on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Not great, but interesting enough to keep me watching
                              sigpic

Comment

missed the beginning of the Pilot but from what I saw it looked okay, not what I was expecting. Maybe I'll wait to see if it gets picked up for a second season before I continue watching.

Reading the comments, it was really violent and not really sci-fi but horror. Especially
                                Spoiler:
                                when the guy kidnaps the girl and locks her in a bomb shelter and is clearly a physco-path. And of course when a cow appearently gets cut in half (which I was furniture to miss).
                                Last edited by blueray; 01 July 2013, 06:37 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X