No announcement yet.

Outcasts ( on BBC America)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fine it funny that you yanks have such hard time understanding British ascents, and constantly moan about it. An yet us brits have no problem with understanding American ascents.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      I fine it funny that you yanks have such hard time understanding British ascents, and constantly moan about it. An yet us brits have no problem with understanding American ascents.
      We probably hear American accents alot more than they hear British ones.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        To be honest we never learn why they are there. We herd of events taking place, Mexican gangs running London, A nuclear attack on Shanghai
        and American Marines in Portsmouth.
        But the exact reasons why we were force to abandon Earth and why they think no one on Earth is alive now was never revealed. A world war between China and America was also hinted at.

Season 2 was going to cover the reason why they left earth in more details.
        I think they mentioned some of that in the second episode, and that Carpathia was supposed to be some kind of new beginning, a second chance on a new planet, and that they started off by bringing only the best and the brightest there from Earth.

I didn't have a problem understanding the characters, but I usually don't have any problems understanding British accents.

I like this series a lot, and think it would've been cool if they had gotten more time to get into things more.
        sigpic

Comment

in person, I usually don't have an issue. But on TV, with music and sound effects all mixed in, it can get hard. And i run into more and more TV shows with poorly mixed audio, too loud of music, too low of voices.

Heck, the only way I could watch and understand Invictus and Harry Potter DH2 was if i put the headphones on and listened to it that way.

some accents are also thicker than others. welsh and scottish can often be so thick that you just can't pick the words out without really listening. Add that to too much music and sound effects and it sometimes becomes quite hard. I've been to england, i watch BBC America quite a bit, but sometimes it's just too thick.

Same with some american accents. Some cajun or deep south accents can be quite hard to understand (I have friends that are Indian, and I can pick the words out quite well, but others often have problems)
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I didn't have any difficulty with the accents. Did have to turn up the volume on my tv to be able to hear clearly sometimes, and hit the rewind on occasion. Though I am used to watching British TV (Dr Who, Being Human, Primeval).

Just saw the last episode today, and I'm so disappointed this was cancelled. Really enjoyed the engaging, thoughtful plot that made you think. Can't really think of many sci fi series like this.

Comment

I agree about the accents being difficult to understand at times.
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X