No announcement yet.

Outcasts ( on BBC America)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Skydiver, I was totally confused. The only face I recognized was the father of the boy since he's on Law&Order: UK. Maybe British sci-fi is based on different underlying principles than American or Canadian sci-fi. Since there are a finite number of eps I'll watch every one, and give this series a go. Least I can do for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
      I'm with Skydiver, was totally confused. The only face I recognized was the father of the boy since he's on Law&Order: UK. Maybe British sci-fi is based on different underlying principles than American or Canadian sci-fi. Since there are a finite number of eps I'll watch every one, and give this series a go. Least I can do for it.
      You are supposed to be. Its not the kind of show that explains everything to you, especially not in ep one. As the show goes on questions get answered but are replaced by more questions and mystery. Its not about epic space battles, weekly baddies and gunfights. But no season 2.
      sigpic

Comment

This show is confusing to people?

Also, ep 3's boss. Tipper <3.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Watched this this week. It doesn't have me on the edge of my seat, but my son liked it, and we'll likely stick with it. Conflict right out of the door - got to like that. Nothing quite like people being people to through some fireworks into a show
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I finally got around to watching the first episode last night. I liked it a lot, and I'm looking forward to watching the remaining episodes; it's sad that this got canceled.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
              I finally got around to watching the first episode last night. I liked it a lot, and I'm looking forward to watching the remaining episodes; it's sad that this got canceled.
              yep very sad, had much promising storylines...
              sigpic

Comment

Does BBC America have adverts? It's not unknown for the BBC to reverse a cancellation decision, but it's probably cotton thread slim hope in this case, the series was too expensive for the figures it got (over here at least) and given their present stance with "we'll close a channels or we'll drop F1/Wimbledon cos they're too expensive" emotional blackmail (to try and get more funding) I doubt there is much chance for this ahead of them, which is a shame.

Comment

yes, bbc america airs advertisements like any other cable station.

I missed episode 2 and haven't had time to watch it, but the 'whiteout' in episode 3 was ok....but I still don't get why they're where they are and all that.

it's a way to kill an hour on saturday night
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I missed episode 2 and haven't had time to watch it, but the 'whiteout' in episode 3 was ok....but I still don't get why they're where they are and all that.

If they have ads aren't they an hour and a half or do they edit them down?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                      If they have ads aren't they an hour and a half or do they edit them down?
                      I haven't watched this yet, but BBCA edits the eps to fit in the hour block they have scheduled.

Most everything is edited, though they do show some eps of Top Gear in full which will go over the hour mark with adverts mixed in.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

the episodes are just an hour long, so they probably take some stuff out. Kinda like how the being human we see on BBCA and the original airing on the BBC have some stuff cut out

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

To be honest we never learn why they are there. We herd of events taking place, Mexican gangs running London, A nuclear attack on Shanghai
                          and American Marines in Portsmouth.
                          But the exact reasons why we were force to abandon Earth and why they think no one on Earth is alive now was never revealed. A world war between China and America was also hinted at.

Season 2 was going to cover the reason why they left earth in more details.

Comment

While i know all the political intrigue etc is normal and expected, i find it tiresome. It's more of a show i watch because nothing else is on rather than out of any great interest.

just too convoluted

sigpic

Comment

I've only watched up to ep. 2, even though ep 3 was on last night. I've been watching with my mom since she watches British shows sometimes, and the language escapes me.

There's a ton of backstory that gets revealed little-by-little.

In Canada on Space channel, they have commercials, so they air the show 1 hr. 10 mins long. Sorry for you Americans.

Comment

yeah. I gotta say as a yank, sometimes the accents are so thick you just can't understand what folks are saying.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X