No announcement yet.

"Dragon Age" franchise discussion/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally had some time and finished the Deep Roads quest last night. Died twice to the last boss, first time being that I was just learning his moves, 2nd time I was distracted with other things going on around me. My support mage seems to be working well thus far.

Spoiler:
    Didn't lose anyone, but now Carver is joining the Templars and apparently I'm now filthy rich. Lets see what happens next.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Well this is spoilery, but the crucial choices are

Spoiler:
    did your sibling come with you, and if they did, does Anders come with you as well.

There are various outcomes depending on which sibling is alive at that point, and whether certain other characters are with them. There’s about 4 different outcomes I think, though a couple are mutually exclusive, a different outcome for each sibling as it were.
    Spoiler:
    I left Carver behind, and Anders did come along with me. I haven't had a chance to follow up with any of the characters yet following the quest, which is 3 yrs later.
    sigpic

Comment

The Deep Roads and your siblings (spoilers)

Spoiler:
      If you leave Bethany in Kirkwall when you go to the Deep Roads, she's been made to join the Circle in your absence when you return. You lose her as a playable character.

If you bring her with you, but not Anders, she dies in the end cutscene of the Deep Roads.

If you bring her and Anders with you to the Deep Roads, she gets Blight-infected, and Anders makes her a Grey Warden to save her life. You lose her as a playable character.

Alternatively, if your Bethany died at the beginning of the game, sub in Carver for all of those. Except for the Circle bit, in your absence he joins the Templars.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh speaking of Hawke's family (spoilers for later in the game re: Hawke's mother)

Spoiler:
        Has anyone had Hawke's mother survive?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Oh speaking of Hawke's family (spoilers for later in the game re: Hawke's mother)

Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          No. I think she always dies

Comment

Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            No. I think she always dies
            It is rare that
            Spoiler:
            reanimated dead/zombies actually survive!

Comment

I just meant that
              Spoiler:
              Maybe things might've gone differently if we'd discouraged her from looking for a suitor, is all

Comment

I'll have to try that on my next playthrough.

Anyone know if you can trigger a break up with someone? 3 years with the elf girl was fun but I'm ready to move on. LOL

Comment

You could try having lots of sex with the prostitutes at the Blooming Rose (especially the transvestite one )

Comment

You could try having lots of sex with the prostitutes at the Blooming Rose (especially the transvestite one )
                    That was a horrible surprise for me, I wasn't really paying attention in the brothel, just randomly clicked on the elf "girl".
                    Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 16 March 2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah they're getting boring to me though. LOL

That was a horrible surprise for me, I wasn't really paying attention in the brothel, just randomly clicked on the elf girl.
                      ROFLMAO!!!

Comment

That was a horrible surprise for me, I wasn't really paying attention in the brothel, just randomly clicked on the elf girl.
                        rofl it surprised the hell out of me too. Decided to try a different girl than my Hawke's 'regular', and a booming man's voice comes out.....and there's no way to stop it!

Comment

rofl it surprised the hell out of me too. Decided to try a different girl than my Hawke's 'regular', and a booming man's voice comes out.....and there's no way to stop it!

Yup I don't usually do the gay romances in Bioware’s games, however Hawke had a couple of "dalliances "

First a transvestite, then
                          Spoiler:
                          when Zevran turned up he offered some fun time with me and Isabella, well I thought it rude to turn him down. After all he did set up a foursome for my warden with him Isabella and Leliana back in Origins.

All in all my Hawke has a pervy side. Though then again so did my Warden at the Pearl.

Comment

he did set up a foursome for my warden with him Isabella and Leliana back in Origins.
                            Oh my

Apparently I missed out on some good 'romance' options in DAO After my attempt to entice Ashley and Liara into a threesome in ME failed, I just didn't think that it was possible for there to be more than a couple in a Bioware game.

Comment

I never found out how to utilize the "services" of the brothel. Once that elf dude in the upstairs room offered and I declined but that's about it. Now every time I click on him he seems upset lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Some time after them you just have to talk to the madam at the bar counter. She charges you and then tells you to take your pick. I recommend Serendipity.

Comment

Working...
                                X