"Dragon Age" franchise discussion/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    So you can die horribly in every battle?

I gradually turned the difficulty down in the game, started of on hard, found normal was better. Switched to causal at the end because I was in a hurry to finish the game before I went back to uni. I’m glad I did because I was able to experience the full awesomeness of the story.
    My whole party died once, and that was with the Rock Wraith. I had to tone down the difficulty from hard to normal to beat that. And only Anders survived when fighting the High Dragon, probably because I was unprepared and had only 4 HP potions. Had to kite for his life to win.

Comment

Finally started the Deep Roads quest. Already found a couple of glitches - when fighting the dragons my character cast a healing spell and got stuck in the wall (then the party died). Happened a 2nd time as well.

Looks like there's 2 possible story lines here. I haven't finished the quest yet so just guessing here

Spoiler:
      If you choose to take Carver with you on the quest I'm assuming he dies at the end. If you choose to go without him he probably turns against you when you return. Might have to play it through twice to see what happens.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        Finally started the Deep Roads quest. Already found a couple of glitches - when fighting the dragons my character cast a healing spell and got stuck in the wall (then the party died). Happened a 2nd time as well.

Looks like there's 2 possible story lines here. I haven't finished the quest yet so just guessing here

Spoiler:
        If you choose to take Carver with you on the quest I'm assuming he dies at the end. If you choose to go without him he probably turns against you when you return. Might have to play it through twice to see what happens.
        Without spoling too much there are several outcomes to the Deep Road quest, depending on who you take with you, not just Bethany/Carver, but also other characters can have an affect as well.

Comment

Without spoling too much there are several outcomes to the Deep Road quest, depending on who you take with you, not just Bethany/Carver, but also other characters can have an affect as well.
          Sounds good. I'll see what happens when I get home tonight. I've got the dwarf (required), Avedine and the other Mage guy with me right now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            Sounds good. I'll see what happens when I get home tonight. I've got the dwarf (required), Avedine and the other Mage guy with me right now.
            Well this is spoilery, but the crucial choices are

Spoiler:
            did your sibling come with you, and if they did, does Anders come with you as well.

There are various outcomes depending on which sibling is alive at that point, and whether certain other characters are with them. There’s about 4 different outcomes I think, though a couple are mutually exclusive, a different outcome for each sibling as it were.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
              It's not realistic if fireballs keep raining from the sky and no one gets hurt...
              I can't wait for a FF toggle soon.
              I think they changed it to minimize the need to pause and position blast AOEs perfectly to only clip the bad guys and not your own guys.

It's not realistic but it plays better. The constant pausing was incredibly tedious. I still pause in battles but the delays are much shorter now that I don't have to worry about blowing my own party to kingdom come if I place the fireball wrong.

It does make those persistent AOE spells like firestorm and tempest incredibly powerful though. Just cast it over top of the tanking line and they all die horribly.

There are soooo many spells in this that just devastate groups. Firestorm is like calling in a mortar barrage on them, and like I posted above, tempest more or less stuns normal enemies in place and prevents them attacking.

The flip side is of course that even enemy mages can cast stuff that will damn near 1 shot your entire party if you're bunched up wrong.

I actually got wiped for the first time in like 2 days by an arcane horror doing just that. I'm not even sure what it was that he cast, but boy did it kill everyone quickly.

Comment

Arcane Horrors do that somehow. I have no idea what they're casting, but one their attacks knocks your squadmates down with a single hit. Very aggravating.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Here's the credits song for Dragon Age 2, which is even more awesome for me, since it combines two things I really like, Dragon Age and Florence and the Machine.

Comment

Okay the likenesses of
                    Spoiler:
                    Alistar & Teagan were horrible too. Leiliana was pretty good, and Flemith.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on
                    Spoiler:
                    Zevran's quest (since mine is bugged) was it just killing the 2 crows
                    and thats it or was there more to it than that? Thanks in advance.

PS I decided to scroll through the codex entries yesterday and was very impressed that they were tailored to my specific game. They were not generic at all. For example the entry on Carver mentioned his early death, etc it wasn't just vanilla and some of the other entries actually even used my characters first name that I made up.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                      Can someone give me a quick rundown on
                      Spoiler:
                      Zevran's quest (since mine is bugged) was it just killing the 2 crows
                      and thats it or was there more to it than that? Thanks in advance.
                      Spoiler:
                      Yep, that's it. And you can have some 'quality' time with him, but that's all.

Comment

Here's the credits song for Dragon Age 2, which is even more awesome for me, since it combines two things I really like, Dragon Age and Florence and the Machine.
                        Sometimes I wish I was in another country. Almost every song is blocked here.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Yep, that's it. And you can have some 'quality' time with him, but that's all.
                          Aww, I missed the "quality time" but I'll just pretend thats because he was loyal to my warden from DA:O! Lmao

I just hate having the quest in my journal still - it says "So & So have been defeated" but nothing else. I have another fubar quest too - the one where you face Evet from Evet's mauraders, but I guess that one a ton of people are having issues with.

Comment

Sometimes I wish I was in another country. Almost every song is blocked here.
                            Weird. Where do you live? I'm not in the States, and I've never had a song blocked.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Weird. Where do you live? I'm not in the States, and I've never had a song blocked.
                              Germany. Youtube hasn't been able to renew the commercial music licenses with them.

Comment

Ahh I see. That really sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X