"Dragon Age" franchise discussion/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Spoilers can burn in dragon fire; bane of all modern entertainment.
    Archdemon fire or High Dragon fire??

Comment

Do spoilers have any less resistance to fire damage or spirit damage?
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Pah we should not be burning spoilers in Dragon Fire, but in the cleansing fire of the Chantry. BURN THE HERETICS! PRAISE THE MAKER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          Pah we should not be burning spoilers in Dragon Fire, but in the cleansing fire of the Chantry. BURN THE HERETICS! PRAISE THE MAKER!!!
          On that note, BURN THE CHANTRY, DOWN WITH TEMPLARS!!! Mages, rise up to your oppressors and fight back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
            On that note, BURN THE CHANTRY, DOWN WITH TEMPLARS!!! Mages, rise up to your oppressors and fight back!!!
            Yes because we all want to be possessed by demons!

Mages v Chantry flamewar go!

Comment

Yes because we all want to be possessed by demons!

Mages v Chantry flamewar go!
              I agree that regulation is needed but the Chantry is just extreme. Look at the Dalish, the Rivain, they don't lock up their mages and yet you don't see rampant abominations running around, do you?

Besides the oppression is what causes the mages to revolt and turn to blood magic in the first place. It's a vicious cycle. The blood mage that you could spare during the circle quest says so.

And FYI, all creatures can be possessed by demons. Trees, corpses, warriors, not just mages. It's just easier to possess mages but even then, one's willpower can save them.

Comment

Morrigan for Queen of all Thedas!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                  Morrigan for Queen of all Thedas!
                  That reminds me, I just watched a Witch Hunt ending where the GW stabs Morrigan and her expression was really...she looked so betrayed and sad. The music there really helped accentuating it.

I could never bring myself to kill her, besides my F!Warden and her were friends. Okay, I'm feeling sorry for a pixel character. What's wrong with me?

Comment

Hey, that's the strength of Bioware's writing staff
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

FYI kids, Dragon Age 2 can now be pre-loaded on Steam!
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I agree that regulation is needed but the Chantry is just extreme. Look at the Dalish, the Rivain, they don't lock up their mages and yet you don't see rampant abominations running around, do you?

Besides the oppression is what causes the mages to revolt and turn to blood magic in the first place. It's a vicious cycle. The blood mage that you could spare during the circle quest says so.

And FYI, all creatures can be possessed by demons. Trees, corpses, warriors, not just mages. It's just easier to possess mages but even then, one's willpower can save them.
                        Well with the Dalish they certainly had problems with their keepers and other uses of magic, there was Zatherian and his little old werewolf curse, or Velanna who went on a rampage murdering humans. So the elves magic users do have problems. And as for other kingdoms, mages in the Tevinter Imperium have more freedom, but it's also a magocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          FYI kids, Dragon Age 2 can now be pre-loaded on Steam!
                          Downloading and installing as I type this
                          sigpic

Comment

Well with the Dalish they certainly had problems with their keepers and other uses of magic, there was Zatherian and his little old werewolf curse, or Velanna who went on a rampage murdering humans. So the elves magic users do have problems. And as for other kingdoms, mages in the Tevinter Imperium have more freedom, but it's also a magocracy.
                            I'll give you that, no one's perfect. In any society, there's bound to be criminals. And the mage run Tevinter Imperium had slaves. But the Dalish religious leaders don't tell their mages that the Maker hates them for what they are, lock up them in a tower for almost their entire lives, and so on and so forth...

That's the issue I have with the Chantry. But at least it's better than what the Qunari do to their mages...

Comment

I'll give you that, no one's perfect. In any society, there's bound to be criminals. And the mage run Tevinter Imperium had slaves. But the Dalish religious leaders don't tell their mages that the Maker hates them for what they are, lock up them in a tower for almost their entire lives, and so on and so forth...

That's the issue I have with the Chantry. But at least it's better than what the Qunari do to their mages...
                              Of course if they're let out of the tower, the mages are free, free to be lynched by mobs of peasants who don't like power hungry walking weapons of mass destruction who also happen to be an all you can eat buffet to every passing demon. The Towers are there for the mages protection as much as the outside world.

Comment

Argggggh, why isn't it Tuesday yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X