Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelled serials that left you hanging!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sliders. It wasn't exactly a serialized show, but the last scene showed Rembrant stepping through the vortex after being told he'd die if he slid again. We never found out if he really did die or what happened with Quinn 2, Maggie, and Diana. Last shot was of Quinn 2 saying, "Now what?" and Maggie crying. I hated that.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

no ones mentioned this one yet Journeyman on nbc

i was really starting to get into this one when they killed it

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
        Sliders. It wasn't exactly a serialized show, but the last scene showed Rembrant stepping through the vortex after being told he'd die if he slid again. We never found out if he really did die or what happened with Quinn 2, Maggie, and Diana. Last shot was of Quinn 2 saying, "Now what?" and Maggie crying. I hated that.
        Just thinking of Sliders reminds me of an older show called "Strange Luck". That was a shame too
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
          Just thinking of Sliders reminds me of an older show called "Strange Luck". That was a shame too
          Never heard of it. What's the connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
            Totally forgot Crusade. It died way before it's time. We will probably never know what the Apocalypse box really was.
            If you are still wondering about that :
            Spoiler:
            During the Shadow War of 1250, a younger yet advanced
            telepathic race called the Shierren placed their essences
            inside sixteen extremely durable containers. Created
            as a way to escape the bloody-handed vengeance of the
            Shadows, these Apocalypse Boxes gave the Shierren refuge
            against the planetary bombardment they were suffering
            after turning their loyalty to the Shadows into an effort
            to control the First Ones, earning only the Shadow’s spite
            instead.
            The containers were ejected into space in hopes of surviving
            the Shadows’ vengeance. Some were lost to their deadly
            weapons and others were absorbed into hyperspace never
            to be seen again. Although the Shierren did not survive
            on their planet, which would later be absorbed into the
            Tal-kona’sha Virtuality, the six appropriately-named
            ‘Apocalypse Boxes’ that managed to slip by the Shadows
            resurfaced to wreak their own brand of havoc from time
            to time.
            Each Apocalypse Box contains a single mental presence of one
            of the elite Shierren telepaths. From within its composite yellow
            shell the Shierren speaks to its owner, directing him with sinister
            intentions caused from centuries of loneliness and madness. The
            inhabitants of these boxes have only two goals in their fractured
            minds – to survive no matter the price and to take action against
            the infl uence of the First Ones whenever possible.
            The six surviving Apocalypse Boxes leave a mark wherever
            they go. The following list of (in)famous owners shows just
            some of the poor souls that have followed a mad Shierren’s
            instructions throughout the centuries.
            Arufi o Vallas (1755 – 1757) – Centauri salvage expert;
            used the box to become elite advisor to the Emperor but
            was assassinated horribly by unknown forces
            Michel de Nostredame (1854 – 1866) – Human prophet;
            published much of what the box told him but was
            not fully believed until long after his painful
            death by an incurable illness
            Ikk’ytt Seveol (2111) – Yolu
            missionary; followed the advice
            of the box to take his faith abroad just long enough for
            his expedition to crash land into a Drakh complex on
            Thenothk
            Placcatte (2225 – 2231) – Abbai physician; discovered a
            cure to several Dilgar War bio-weapons but was killed by a
            Dilgar assassin early into the Invasion
            Matthew Gideon (2264 – 2270) – Human starship
            captain; used the box to help fi nd cure for the Drakh
            Plague killing Earth but caused the destruction of several
            lesser races touched by First Ones in the process
            Oxi’zy Fenirus (2301 – 2304) – Sh’lassan Imperialist;
            used the box to elevate the Sh’lassan people to a larger
            governmental power in the Interstellar Alliance but was
            shot and killed by separatist radicals during his ISN-
            televised recognition speech

And also the box stats from the card game :

Apocalypse Box - 2nd
            Edition Game Statistics
            The following statistics and special rules should be used for an Apocalypse Box in any 2nd
            edition
            Babylon 5 Roleplaying Game session. This information has been modifi ed from its 1st
            edition
            format.
            Apocalypse Box: Tiny Artefact; HP: 30; Hardness 10; SQ Acceptance, Advice, Hatred of Ancient
            Infl uence, Telepathic Suggestions
            Acceptance: Each Apocalypse Box fi nds a way to be willingly accepted by its owner before it begins to
            make any sort of connection with him. What the new owner does not realise is that by willingly accepting
            the box he opens his mind to the telepathic suggestions the Shierren inside relies upon. This telepathic
            bridge is automatic when the box is willingly accepted by a new owner. The only exception to this is any
            being that has been infl uenced by the First Ones in some way (see Hatred of Ancient Infl uence below).
            Advice: Although its presence is dangerous and insidious, the Shierren inside the Apocalypse Box
            is capable of great insight and wisdom. The owner of an Apocalypse Box can make a Knowledge
            (Galactic Lore) skill check with a +5 bonus by asking for the box’s advice. Alternatively the box
            can give a +5 bonus to the Intrigue skill for the purposes of Gathering Information. Either of these
            abilities can be accessed only once per month due to the strain placed on the Shierren to speak. The
            information provided by the Shierren can be misleading and half-true and comprises a combination
            of facts and thoughts gathered from a thousand different telepathic contacts over the centuries.
            Hatred of Ancient Infl uence: Every Apocalypse Box has one root race memory – which is that the
            First Ones are not to be trusted and should be punished for the destruction of the Shierren. For the
            maddened Shierren inside the box, someone who has been touched by the Ancients is just as good
            a target as a First One. If an active Apocalypse Box is in the custody of an individual who has been
            ‘touched’ or physically infl uenced in some way by one of the First Ones (Shadow/Vorlon servants,
            Techno-Mages, Hand minions and so on) it will launch a powerful telepathic assault against the
            target. This should be treated as the agony variation of the pain telepathic ability (see pages126 to 127
            of the Babylon 5 Roleplaying Game Second Edition) issued from a P12 telepath with the Mindshredder
            feat. The Will save DC to resist this attack is 25 and it manifests as bolts of electricity leaping from
            the box’s surface to the target.
            As a side note, anyone who tries to harm the Apocalypse Box will suffer the same attacks, but the
            Will save to resist is only DC 20.
            Telepathic Suggestions: In a sick effort to control its surroundings, the Shierren within an Apocalypse
            Box affects the fate of its owners through subtle telepathic suggestions. A box’s owner may be made to
            prevail in a card game or to unfortunately pause just as a hovertrak comes barrelling through a colony
            street, for example. Once per week the Apocalypse Box can affect any one skill check or saving throw
            by + or – 20. So long as the target is within 100 kilometres of the box and within one kilometre of
            the current owner of the box, this effect is automatic and part of the telepathic tether between the
            box and its owner. The box tends to use this ability to keep itself safe and its owner from getting rid
            of it and quickly punishes any owner that does manage to get rid of it.
            For example, Matthew Gideon was affected by the Apocalypse Box on several occasions. It added +20 to
            several Operations skill checks and Fortitude saving throws to make sure its owner survived to protect it
            and happily applied –20 to it’s previous owner’s Refl ex save to avoid the oncoming cargo skimmer.

It's as good an answer as we are ever going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
              Never heard of it. What's the connection?
              purely in my head, LOL!
              That, and they started at roughly the same time, with Strange Luck in '95 as well
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

purely in my head, LOL!
                That, and they started at roughly the same time, with Strange Luck in '95 as well
                So kinda like Star Trek and Toyota are for me? The "Toyota's Hot Hot Hot" commercials were in the mid '90s during the time of TNG's Viewer's Choice Marathon. I had it recorded all those years ago and re-watched that VHS SOOOOOO many times! Maybe I should make a DVD with those episodes now that I have my own computer and DVD-Rs.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Lost wasn't canceled. The producers knew how many seasons they had to work with to end the show. But I can see it having unanswered questions, but I was satisfied with the ending.
                  Oh yeah, I forgot seeing as I refuse to acknowledge season 6 at all. :/

Comment

New Amsterdam was a good show. I was really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                      Oh yeah, I forgot seeing as I refuse to acknowledge season 6 at all. :/
                      I don't think you whining counts a show as "left hanging".
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

MutantX
                        The Crow: Stairway to Heaven

and a few others.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hehehe. Gotta agree w/ Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles...that was a weird season finale that definitely needed continuation.

I can't say SGU, yet, as the 2nd half of S2 hasn't been aired yet. I hope the season/series finale wraps things up to some extent.

How about SeaQuest DSV? I used to watch that (I recall liking it more than ST: TNG, which was the other sci-fi series I saw at the time)...then it was just gone. I don't even remember how it ended...

As for series that I think can do w/ more episodes/mini-series/movies stuff: Farscape, SG-1, SGA and Firefly
                          (one can't have too much Aeryn/Vala/Carter/Keller/Kaylee/Inara/River after all )
                          sigpic

Comment

SGU (will probably end on a cliffie), TSCC, Dark Angel,Mutant X, at the time Farscape (but then we got our mini series to give it a decent ending), Firefly (It sucked that it never really got a chance ), Crusade, It was so long ago since I saw Space above and beyond that I can't remember how it ended Flash forward

There are probably others too that I can't remember at this particular time.

Maybe the should start doing what SG-1 done for the last few years, make the last ep of the season like it was the end just in case they do get cancelled and that way we don't end up with these idiotic cliffhangers with no conclusion. I'm sick of them cancelling shows without giving them a chance for a proper conclusion
                            sigpic

Comment

SGU of course, but also shows like Millennium, Harsh Realms, Brimstone, quite a few others
                              I thought I was the only one who remembered Harsh Realms.
                              I thought I was the only one who remembered Strange Luck.

Anyone remember the show Strange World? While the ending didn't exactly leave me hanging, it definitely was a WTF event. Very cool show, and very interesting opening credits.

I'm annoyed that JMS has had 2 chances to finish off the Crusade story and hasn't.
                              Last edited by nx01a; 23 December 2010, 12:08 PM.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Witchblade

Comment

Working...
                                X