Fallout New Vegas Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    I've been playing for nearly 60 hours now, but I've gone nuts exploring every nook and cranny and spending time agonising over moral choices and such... But the main story? Probably still 20-25-odd hours depending on how difficult the final missions are (As such you'll need to do other missions to gain experience). I haven't gotten that far yet, still screwing around outside of Vegas.
    Cool, so there's lots to explore then?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Cool, so there's lots to explore then?
      heh thats an understatement, trust us and get the game you definitely won't regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        heh thats an understatement, trust us and get the game you definitely won't regret it.
        I will get it after christmas when I get a GAME gift card
        sigpic

Comment

Tonnes to explore. It's just... Wow. And everything's got a story, almost. The Vaults usually have the best stories, but the sheer fact that everything isn't laid out for you sometimes is what makes it fun. Your mind goes places...

Plus, plenty of exploring = plenty to shoot.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Tonnes to explore. It's just... Wow. And everything's got a story, almost. The Vaults usually have the best stories, but the sheer fact that everything isn't laid out for you sometimes is what makes it fun. Your mind goes places...

Plus, plenty of exploring = plenty to shoot.
            The vault stories are really interesting, have you been to the sacrafice room in vault 11? I didn't really understand that one to be honest.

Comment

So how good would you say the game is when compared to Fallout 3?

Also are there still many bugs that need to be fixed?

Comment

I'd say its a much bigger game than Fallout 3 and it feels like you have even more freedom.

I haven't really encountered a bug since I added the recent patches but there are probably still some. I just prefer the Mojave Desert in F:NV than the Capital Wasteland of F3.

Have only played the PC version, maybe the consoles have more bugs not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                  The vault stories are really interesting, have you been to the sacrafice room in vault 11? I didn't really understand that one to be honest.
                  Vault 11 was my favourite, of all time, if you understand the whole thing. Here's the story:

Spoiler:
                  See, the Vaults were thought to be created by the US Government as fallout shelters in case of impending nuclear war, but in reality, the US didn't think the war would hit that point. The Vaults were planned to be psychological experiments - each vault with it's own little tests and problems. However, when the apocalypse hit, everybody got shuffled into the vaults, and the psych experiments still went on...

Vault 11's original Overseer knew that, periodically, somebody would have to be sacrificed in order to maintain the vault. He didn't know it was a psych experiment, but we'll get to that. The general populace found out, got into his computer, and from there, the sacrifice room. They sacrificed him, and from then on, the Overseer position became the same as the sacrifice.

Now, years down the track, there's another election going on, and everybody's trying to make sure they aren't voted in. THe three candidates try whatever they can to prevent it - remember those posters that said stuff like "Candidate X has a family! Vote for Candidate Y instead!"? Yeah, they didn't want to be voted in. One of the candidates, Stone, had his wife approached by members of the Justice Bloc - a parliament house equivalent. In exchange for sexual favours, Katherine's husband would not be voted in as Overseer, and as such, wouldn't be sacrificed.

However, Katherine took another option: She kill three members of the Justice Bloc and went to trial, asking everybody to vote for her as Overseer. They did, because they thought that sacrificing her would be just fine since she was a murderer. However, her first act as Overseer was to make the election process randomised via computer. The survivors or associates of the Justice Bloc didn't want that - it would ruin their power and maybe even end with one of them randomly chosen to be sacrificed. They gathered up weapons and held some stuff hostage - water, power, food.

Stuff started exploding and people started to die. It was a massacre, and it ended with five people left...

They went down to the sacrifice chamber and spoke directly to the computer: "We're not sacrificing anybody else."

The computer replied, "Congratulations! You have passed the test! You are upstanding citizens and can now leave the vault for the outside world."

It was a test. They learnt it was a test. They did not react well...

As you enter the vault for the first time, you see a small audio tape next to four corpses and 10mm pistol. The tape, once you learn the full story, becomes clear: It is of the five survivors - four planning to kill themselves because of what they found out instead of venture outside, and one not wanting to take it that far. Four gunshots are heard. There is no fifth body, and the pistol is left behind.

Now, I think the implication is that the four survivors killed themselves and the fifth left, or he had the gun first and chose to kill them instead of kill himself, and then left behind the gun... Or something. I don't think we'll be meeting the last guy anytime soon...
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Ah thanks, guess I missed a few terminals or something, knew the stuff about the elections but not the reason behind it.

Comment

Loved Fallout 3 and and got New Vegas last weekend. made it as far as leaving Doc's house and heading to the saloon. can't wait to spend more time on it this weekend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyone know when the already annouced DLC will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                          So how good would you say the game is when compared to Fallout 3?

Also are there still many bugs that need to be fixed?
                          Bugs are present. Very present. Very, very, very present. Seriously, very present. It's got to be one of the most buggiest games I've ever played on the 360, but no less enjoyable. I save fastidiously anyway, so there's no much loss if I get stuck in a wall or the game freezes while I reload a gun. A couple of bugs seem to be stopping me from doing a companion quest or two, which is probably the only thing really pissing me off, but yeah.

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                          Anyone know when the already annouced DLC will be released?
                          Not a clue, but I can't wait either way. I already stumbled upon two areas in the wasteland that'll probably open up to more DLC areas. Hell I even said to myself, "Yep, DLC area beyond here, I'm sure of it."

Comment

Decided to start over, wasn't really happy with how I'd designed my character. How did you guys allocate the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                              Decided to start over, wasn't really happy with how I'd designed my character. How did you guys allocate the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points?
                              I put 10 into intelligence and just left the rest at 5. Ideally you should decide your playstyle beforehand and allocate your SPECIAL accordingly, for example if you want to go melee then a high strength is good.

Comment

I decided to put 8 into Int, I then made a run to new vegas and the clinic and increased it to 9.

My other starting stats were:
                                5 Str
                                6 per
                                8 End
                                2 chr
                                6 Agl
                                6 lck

Comment

Working...
                                X